Author Topic: What pissed you off today?  (Read 124514 times)

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
Re: What pissed you off today?
« Reply #1330 on: November 03, 2022, 07:03:24 AM »
An employee.  He is stunted mentally  and I'd acting out today since I took him off the lift driving because he almost hit another employee with a fork truck.   

He is not following our safety protocols.  Now he's acting like a jerk to others.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1331 on: November 03, 2022, 07:40:33 AM »
An employee.  He is stunted mentally  and I'd acting out today since I took him off the lift driving because he almost hit another employee with a fork truck.   

He is not following our safety protocols.  Now he's acting like a jerk to others.
Time to bring out the ban hammer.

Also, we use Virgin Pulse, but it's optional.  I don't , use it for any tracking or anything.  The only way it impacts me is that they have an in-person basic check (height/weight/measurements/blood draw), and if you take part, you get your health insurance for a LOT cheaper.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #1332 on: November 04, 2022, 12:18:55 PM »
About some of the previous posts; healthcare should be painless for the participants.  That's why admin costs for healthcare are so high, to pay for all the administrators and customer representatives and HR folk that are supposed to make this stuff easy for the lay-person. Where the f- are these poeple when you need them?  I'm starting open enrollment next week and I dread it.  DREAD IT.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1333 on: November 04, 2022, 12:21:58 PM »
My peeve of the day? Backpacks, and the morons that wear then fully strapped to their back AND forget immediately that they are wearing them.  I was on a Delta flight that had the cabin door BEHIND first class, and I was in the front row, so I was right at the door.  I got hit with no less than THREE backpacks from people that got on, then spun around to get the sanitary wipe from the flight attendant.   WHAP!    Then when we're fixing to get off the plane, I stood up, took my stuff out of the overhead and the guy next to me says "can I get my stuff?"  Sure enough!  So he gets his backpack, puts it full on, then spins around to reach for his whatever, might have been his cock for all I know, and WHAP! I get his backpack square in the chest.  F these people.  OBLIVIOUS.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1334 on: November 04, 2022, 12:36:35 PM »
My peeve of the day? Backpacks, and the morons that wear then fully strapped to their back AND forget immediately that they are wearing them.  I was on a Delta flight that had the cabin door BEHIND first class, and I was in the front row, so I was right at the door.  I got hit with no less than THREE backpacks from people that got on, then spun around to get the sanitary wipe from the flight attendant.   WHAP!    Then when we're fixing to get off the plane, I stood up, took my stuff out of the overhead and the guy next to me says "can I get my stuff?"  Sure enough!  So he gets his backpack, puts it full on, then spins around to reach for his whatever, might have been his cock for all I know, and WHAP! I get his backpack square in the chest.  F these people.  OBLIVIOUS.
I use one exclusively for travel, but I always take it off and carry it when boarding for that very reason. Also, I don't have to take it off before chucking it in the bin. Interestingly, I have a second backpack inside the first one, which I found in the kids section of Walmart. It's just big enough for my laptop, headphones,  charger, and bag of trail mix. Before boarding I'll undock that one and wear it so I can carry the big one. Hard to accidentally whack somebody with a backpack made for 10 year old girls (but easy and effective to do intentionally if the need arises  :lol).

Organization is sometimes helpful.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1335 on: November 04, 2022, 12:38:25 PM »
I get Bill's point, but given how airlines love to lose luggage, if someone can fit some of their stuff into a carry-on backpack, I totally get why they'd do it, rudeness and crashing into others aside.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1336 on: November 04, 2022, 12:39:04 PM »
Hard to accidentally whack somebody with a backpack made for 10 year old girls (but easy and effective to do intentionally if the need arises  :lol).

:lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1337 on: November 04, 2022, 12:47:34 PM »
I get Bill's point, but given how airlines love to lose luggage, if someone can fit some of their stuff into a carry-on backpack, I totally get why they'd do it, rudeness and crashing into others aside.

I have no beef with backpacks.  I don't carry one, but only because I have an LL Bean bag that serves the same purpose.  My stepson has one of those bad-ass military ones and he wears it all the time for travel.  He does NOT though, IMMEDIATELY FORGET HE'S WEARING IT.   That's the part.  You do you as far as how you travel, but have some consideration, is all.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1338 on: November 04, 2022, 12:51:01 PM »
For me it's not wanting to pay to check my stuff. Hell, even if it's free I may well still carry it on just to save time at the arr airport. In any case, mine is designed to be a carry-on bag, and it holds enough for me to travel indefinitely. It's just that it is big enough to hit people with if you're not paying attention.

All of us have bought things that have been among the great purchases of our lifetimes. Something we bought that becomes permanently indispensable. That bag was one of mine. Couldn't imagine travel without it. And adding the smaller, satellite bag, which fits fully loaded in the front pocket of the mothership, made it even better.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1339 on: November 04, 2022, 12:57:37 PM »
My peeve if someone brings a backpack and small luggage.  Takes up all the space.  Of late, going 1st class is the way to go.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1340 on: November 04, 2022, 01:00:45 PM »
My peeve if someone brings a backpack and small luggage.  Takes up all the space.  Of late, going 1st class is the way to go.

I sit with the plebes in the back, your highness.

We fly Jetblue and we can have a carry on that stays with us in our seat and a small luggage piece for the overhead bin.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1341 on: November 04, 2022, 01:02:38 PM »
It was $45 more to get 1st class and checking in luggage is $30 so to get a 1st class seat it cost $15 more.  No brainer.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1342 on: November 04, 2022, 01:09:06 PM »
It was $45 more to get 1st class and checking in luggage is $30 so to get a 1st class seat it cost $15 more.  No brainer.
Flying from BOS to PVD or something? For most flights it's going to cost a whole lot more than $45 for that upgrade, so don't count on it being a reliable option going forward.
E.F. Benson

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1343 on: November 04, 2022, 01:11:40 PM »
Manchester NH to Washington DC.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1344 on: November 04, 2022, 01:15:36 PM »
Yeah, $45 upgrade to first class is not something I'm familiar with, but if I saw that I'd hop on it too.

As for the backpacks.... I've whacked people before accidentally.  My work backpack is pretty big and I often will have it fully utilized.  I will say, I do apologize if I hit someone. I try to be very good and conscious of my surroundings, but mistakes have happened before. 

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #1345 on: November 04, 2022, 04:13:49 PM »

I have no beef with backpacks.  I don't carry one, but only because I have an LL Bean bag that serves the same purpose.  My stepson has one of those bad-ass military ones and he wears it all the time for travel.  He does NOT though, IMMEDIATELY FORGET HE'S WEARING IT.   That's the part.  You do you as far as how you travel, but have some consideration, is all.

Sorry man, I can’t resist …..

Your well being is not their problem. TEND YOUR OWN GARDEN!!!

<Tongue firmly in cheek>
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1346 on: November 04, 2022, 05:28:14 PM »
For me it's not wanting to pay to check my stuff. Hell, even if it's free I may well still carry it on just to save time at the arr airport. In any case, mine is designed to be a carry-on bag, and it holds enough for me to travel indefinitely. It's just that it is big enough to hit people with if you're not paying attention.

All of us have bought things that have been among the great purchases of our lifetimes. Something we bought that becomes permanently indispensable. That bag was one of mine. Couldn't imagine travel without it. And adding the smaller, satellite bag, which fits fully loaded in the front pocket of the mothership, made it even better.

Hell yeah to this. The less time spent in an airport, the better!

Oh yeah, I totally get it.   We are on the same page.  :tup :tup

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #1347 on: November 04, 2022, 09:13:56 PM »
The ER.

My wife is having more medical issues and spent last weekend in the hospital again. Answer was a shrug as to what was causing her heightened issues. Got an emergency appointment with a doctor today who told us to go back to the ER and she called ahead with exactly what to do. As I type this, we have been in the waiting room for 10 hours. Yes, 10 freaking hours. Still haven't been seen besides initial triage about 9 hours ago. A nurse changed my wife's oxygen tank for the third time who has been here the whole time we have. She was practically in tears apologizing to us. Not her fault. She yelled at her charge nurse to get us back but that seems to have failed.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1348 on: November 04, 2022, 09:19:49 PM »
Wow, WTF? Sat in one for 3 hours last night before I said fuck it and walked out.

Offline Glasser

« Reply #1349 on: November 04, 2022, 09:28:06 PM »
Wow, WTF? Sat in one for 3 hours last night before I said fuck it and walked out.

Where did you go????

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1350 on: November 04, 2022, 09:29:48 PM »

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1351 on: November 04, 2022, 09:31:18 PM »
Sad as it is, the best way to get in right away at the ER is to call an ambulance rather than bringing yourself there.  You get a room right away. 

Offline Glasser

« Reply #1352 on: November 04, 2022, 09:40:59 PM »

Where did you go????

The ER.
I know but you said fuck it and walked out. You went home? Everything ok??

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1353 on: November 04, 2022, 09:44:16 PM »
Oh yeah, I'm fine. :)

I went home.

Offline Glasser

« Reply #1354 on: November 04, 2022, 09:50:51 PM »
Oh yeah, I'm fine. :)

I went home.

Oh ok, glad to hear.  :)

Online HOF

« Reply #1355 on: November 04, 2022, 10:04:21 PM »
Lots of catalytic converter theft around here, as well.

Been a big thing locally here too.

Just reading the last couple pages of this thread tonight after having just read about this yesterday. Had no idea this was a thing until then. Just crazy numbers in these indictments.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/nationwide-catalytic-converter-theft-ring-federal-bust-21-arrests/

The DOJ said brothers Tou Sue Vang and Andrew Vang, along with Monica Moua, allegedly sold over $38 million in stolen catalytic converters to DG Auto in New Jersey. They operated an unlicensed business out of their home in Sacramento, California, where they bought stolen catalytic converters from local thieves, prosecutors allege.

The operators of DG Auto, a company that buys catalytic converters, knowingly purchased stolen catalytic converters, extracted the precious metal powders and sold them to a metal refinery for over $545 million, prosecutors claim.

Other defendants in the case include Tyler James Curtis, who received over $13 million in wired funds from DG Auto for the shipment of catalytic converters, as well as another $500,000 from another company for catalytic converters, prosecutors said.

Defendant Adam G. Sharkey received over $45 million in wired funds from DG Auto, while defendant Martynas Macerauskas received over $6 million in payments from DG Auto, the DOJ said.

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #1356 on: November 05, 2022, 01:45:48 AM »
Sad as it is, the best way to get in right away at the ER is to call an ambulance rather than bringing yourself there.  You get a room right away.

You'd think. Sadly, I witnessed several people brought in via ambulance get carted right into the waiting room, placed in a wheelchair and left to wait like the rest of us.

All told, it was 11 hours before we were taken back only to be told almost immediately that she was being admitted. I got home at 2:30am. I'm sitting down on my couch and throwing some food down my gullet so I can go to bed.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1357 on: November 05, 2022, 03:42:49 AM »
11 hours?!  What a disgrace!
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1358 on: November 05, 2022, 10:35:14 AM »
The ER.

My wife is having more medical issues and spent last weekend in the hospital again. Answer was a shrug as to what was causing her heightened issues. Got an emergency appointment with a doctor today who told us to go back to the ER and she called ahead with exactly what to do. As I type this, we have been in the waiting room for 10 hours. Yes, 10 freaking hours. Still haven't been seen besides initial triage about 9 hours ago. A nurse changed my wife's oxygen tank for the third time who has been here the whole time we have. She was practically in tears apologizing to us. Not her fault. She yelled at her charge nurse to get us back but that seems to have failed.
County hospital? Down here you expect that at Parkland or Baylor (who handles overflow from Parkland), but the smaller hospitals tend to do better. Though I suppose you might have been limited to whichever hospital your doctor works with.

Hope everything turns out alright.
E.F. Benson

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #1359 on: November 05, 2022, 01:11:22 PM »
The ER.

County hospital? Down here you expect that at Parkland or Baylor (who handles overflow from Parkland), but the smaller hospitals tend to do better. Though I suppose you might have been limited to whichever hospital your doctor works with.

Hope everything turns out alright.

Nope, not a county hospital, only one that is a part of one of the biggest Healthcare companies in the Chicago area. It was crazy. Waiting room was already on overflow and ambulances just kept coming. The respiratory specialist that first saw my wife said the night before was even worse. Apparently they are being inundated with kids coming in with the double whammy of the flu and something called covid. Nice combo to be sick with there.

We're so sick of being in the hospital. It just sucks.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #1361 on: November 05, 2022, 09:39:44 PM »
The Boston Globe just wrote an article about it..

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/eight-hour-waiting-times-patients-leaving-before-being-seen-mass-hospital-emergency-departments-are-beyond-the-brink/ar-AA13M95O?cvid=47531069c0af4180aab57b8b07579be7

Sadly, that all sounds about right. HIPAA kind of went out the window. Like I said, ambulance gurneys being wheeled right into the waiting room. They had to open a hallway to stash all the overflow people. A guy and his kid sat down next to my wife and I and asked how long we had been there. At that point it was around 8 hours. He immediately got up and left. I saw numerous people come in and not even bother checking in after being told the wait time.

The whole system is breaking or already broken.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1362 on: November 05, 2022, 11:51:45 PM »
Went to see WASP, MSG, and Armored Saint tonight. Fucking thing was massively oversold, so after MSG the fire marshal shut it all down. Seriously, what kind of idiot sells 2000 tickets to a 1200 seat venue? And 1200 is honestly about 600 more than that dump can reasonably accommodate. Most of those 1200 will be inside while the stage is outside. 

Ironically, it was originally booked for a much larger venue, and they moved it to this shit-hole because they didn't think they'd sell it. And while we were all inside waiting to not see WASP they towed a shit-ton of cars out of the overflow parking lot. I guess I'm lucky I'm only out the ticket. After nearly 40 years of concert attendance, this is only the second time I've gotten burned on a concert ticket, and the first time was only 3 months ago.
E.F. Benson

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1363 on: November 06, 2022, 03:13:12 AM »
Jesus, that's a shitshow indeed.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1364 on: November 08, 2022, 12:26:40 AM »
I'm too nice that I apparently fucked myself. Learned my lesson, I guess.

Former good friend and roommate was on my phone bill to save money, and he financed a phone on my account. After I moved out, he stopped paying me for his portion, so I (politely) told him he needed to transfer his line off my account. He did, but he didn't pay off the remaining $170 on his phone, which is now my responsibility. I'm working part time and going to school part time, and I have to miss a week of work because of covid. I don't know what I'm going to do to pay my fucking phone bill.
Listen! Do you smell something?