Author Topic: What pissed you off today?  (Read 119403 times)

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: What pissed you off today?
« Reply #1295 on: September 16, 2022, 08:23:49 PM »
Sounds like you got or are getting fucked over.

Document everything. If you go months without hearing from him, then fine. You have a right to know what's in your file, and you should also have a right to attach a rebuttal to anything you disagree with.
I've done that a couple of times.

Oh he's definitely trying to fuck me over, he makes that pretty clear.  I wrote in my performance review that I am getting stale and losing faith in the company and am possibly thinking about other careers or avenues.  I think he read it and did this to try and tip me over the edge.  But with the struggle with him not being able to secure more staff and especially a Supervisor, he muppets hands are tied.  It kinda makes me laugh.  Yeah, I am thinking of putting a contest in against some of it.

He's just one of those holier than thou, arrogant mother fuckers who has a stupid title and expects everyone below him to bow and kiss his feet.  It's pretty clear if you don't kiss his ass and tell him he's fantastic he takes offence and wants you out.  As I said, I can see him undoing himself.  I'll tread carefully and maybe ask a couple of questions in regards to the letter.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline Harmony

« Reply #1296 on: September 17, 2022, 10:07:03 AM »
Got the car inspected yesterday to the tune of $1650 after all the necessary repairs.

I figure, yeah that sucks but at least the car's in great shape now. As I'm pulling into my driveway today, the tire pressure low sensor comes on  :P

I'm sort of relating to this today.  July I got the 25K (I'm at 30K miles) full meal deal car maintenance on my Hyundai Sonata Hybrid which included a tire alignment for something around $1200.  When I pick up the car, I'm told I'm going to need tires soon.  Great...I'll budget for 1-2 months.

Today I go to get the tires and they suggest I get the alignment checked.  I tell them I just did that (and haven't really driven all the much since then TBH) and it probably isn't necessary as they want to charge an extra $180.  "Ok we'll put it up there and if you don't need it, we won't charge you for it."  Well guess what - they claim it was necessary.

So either my dealership is jacking me around or the tire guys are.  FFS  >:(

Are you having abnormal tire wear, or is your car pulling strongly to a specific direction? As a former Hyundai owner my Hyundai service dept was full of guys short on chromosomes (hell my Porsche dealer is pretty fucking shitty too)

As them to show you why it's necessary, get a printed sheet of your current alignment readings.

No - I wasn't having any issues and I used to drive a car that went out of alignment every time I hit a pot hole so I know what that feels like.

The dealership and the tire place both gave me print outs supposedly showing me where it was out of alignment.  I still think it is BS and a scam.  The only possible thing I can think of is that taking tires off and putting new ones on could potentially shift the alignment?  I have no idea...

Good to know your POV on the Hyundai service crew.  My husband also tells me to ditch them and go to a private mechanic but this is our first hybrid vehicle and I'm a bit nervous about a private mechanic understanding the ins and outs of it. 
Just another member of Gaia's intramural baseball squad

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1297 on: September 17, 2022, 10:20:36 AM »
Unless you are putting mismatched tires on opposing sides you shouldn't have a recurring alignment issue. I'd say get an independent opinion. A hybrid car is still a car, you can always take it to get the battery pack services at the dealer.

Just to give you a brief run down of my Hyundai experience. My first ever brand new car was a 2019 Hyundai Veloster Turbo Ultimate. Around 400 miles in my windshield cowl became unsealed and made a really annoying rattle at any speed. Take in to the dealer. A week later they said they couldn't hear it, put 90 miles on the car, and left a small bag of fries under the driver's seat. Took two other Hyundai dealers before I found one conptetant enough to to fix it.

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1298 on: September 17, 2022, 04:26:04 PM »
What's the worst thing a dad can to to his daughter? The absolute most vile, disgusting, repulsive thing you can think of? Found out my dad did just that. Fuck everything about him. I'm changing my name as soon as I can. I used to idolize him. I considered making the three hour drive to beat his ass, but no good would come of it.
Listen! Do you smell something?

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1299 on: September 17, 2022, 04:34:23 PM »
Oh shit!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1300 on: September 17, 2022, 04:36:49 PM »
Damn. I have no words for that. Just...damn.

Offline Glasser

« Reply #1301 on: September 17, 2022, 08:44:03 PM »
That's horrifying. I'm sorry on every level. When do we really know someone?  :|

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1302 on: September 18, 2022, 03:55:17 AM »
Jesus Christ!  No words can be said.  You'd be in your right mind to go and beat his ass truthfully, fuck....

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #1303 on: September 23, 2022, 11:02:59 AM »
I don't know if I'm pissed or just unbelievably appalled.  How upside down does the fucking world have to be for parents to tell their fully grown kids how to vote this coming midterm?  I just can't fucking believe this shit. >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1304 on: September 28, 2022, 11:18:55 AM »
I was leaving the hotel parking garage this morning and a car was stopped at the exit gate.  Lady gets out of the car and tells me she didn't pay for parking and needs to do it.... but she left her car there (when I pulled up, I left plenty of space to back out because I was weary of a car sitting at the gate).  What an asshole.  I waited 15 minutes for her to pay and get back. 

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #1305 on: September 28, 2022, 02:32:29 PM »
In the continuing saga of my wife's medical issues I now have an entry here after loading up the Angry/Depressed thread and a bit in the fogey thread.

My wife is on home oxygen at the moment. I monitor my insurance claims like a hawk. I see yesterday that her oxygen claim was denied. Now, mind you, she was in hospitals of my employer whose health insurance I carry.

Turns out, they set her up with an out of network provider and insurance refuses to pay. We are already on the hook for almost $400 now and we just swapped out travel tanks yesterday for a fresh batch. My employer is now frantically trying to set us up with a covered provider.

Really don't need this right now.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1306 on: September 29, 2022, 09:56:01 AM »
I was leaving the hotel parking garage this morning and a car was stopped at the exit gate.  Lady gets out of the car and tells me she didn't pay for parking and needs to do it.... but she left her car there (when I pulled up, I left plenty of space to back out because I was weary of a car sitting at the gate).  What an asshole.  I waited 15 minutes for her to pay and get back.

Ugh. I've had to deal with that a handful of times myself. Worst one I encountered was in a garage under a hotel that I had a monthly pass to park in. The hotel didn't manage the garage in any way shape or form. LAZ Parking leased the garage from them and they took their profits. So when there was a problem at the garage, no one at the hotel could do anything. I had to sit in a line of cars that built up behind someone for over a half hour because an LAZ employee needed to be dispatched out from their central location in Hartford. It was infuriating.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1307 on: September 29, 2022, 10:15:40 AM »
In that case, my problem yesterday was no big deal  :lol geeze, I was just glad I didn't need to be somewhere. 

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1308 on: October 17, 2022, 02:36:56 PM »
Had virtual jury duty today. It was supposed to end at 4:30pm, since I didn't get called all day, I figure I'm good.  Nope.  4:27pm, I need to report back tomorrow  >:(

Offline TheRich13

« Reply #1309 on: October 21, 2022, 11:39:18 PM »
I flew to NY from Florida for the JP show . I’m seated in 7F , We’re in the air and a man in 6E starts unwrapping a large aluminum foil something ..When opened I see it is an Orange Pepper as big as a big grapefruit with the very top sliced off and packed to the very top and overflowing with tuna fish !!! It F’n stinks !!! I am beside myself!! How can someone be so inconsiderate to eat that on a plane ? He took his time eating this monster , biting into it like it was an apple !! I’m wearing a mask and I’m shoving Twizzlers under it into my mouth so i don’t lose my breakfast …(I don’t eat Tunafish !) After about 25 minutes, he’s done …thank goodness!!!
Now , the little lady next to me in 7E reaches into her bag and pulls out a little ziploc back with 3 hard boiled eggs !!! Are you F’n Serious right now ??!! She’s eating these stinky things like she hadn’t eaten in a month , licking her fingers and picking the yolk crumbles out of the bag …!!! I DONT EAT EGGS !!
I’m on a 321 Airbus that holds about 200 people!!! What are the F’n odds that 2 people eating 2 of possibly the stinkiest food items there are , are right next to me ???  Some people truly are inconsiderate!!
Anyway the show was phenomenal!!!
My parents are in the Iron and Steel business.
My Mother irons and my Father steals.
There are more horse’s asses in the world, than there are horses.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1310 on: October 22, 2022, 03:29:24 AM »
 :lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1311 on: October 22, 2022, 04:00:21 PM »
Welp, this happened...6 hours later and I'm still waiting for a tow truck

Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1312 on: October 22, 2022, 04:03:56 PM »
Did someone steal your tires??

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1313 on: October 22, 2022, 04:10:38 PM »
Yeah, all 4 of them

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1314 on: October 22, 2022, 04:23:10 PM »
WTF is wrong with people, seriously.  This was during the day obviously?  Where are you?  Any cameras?

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1315 on: October 22, 2022, 04:27:34 PM »
Yeah, all 4 of them

Wow! That is fucked.

Offline Glasser

« Reply #1316 on: October 22, 2022, 04:41:31 PM »
Yeah, all 4 of them

Who does that??? Wtf????  :censored

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1317 on: October 22, 2022, 05:35:46 PM »
NYC is just going to shit when it comes to crime. The towing person told me my car was the 4th one he towed today with the same situation.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1318 on: October 22, 2022, 05:41:58 PM »
NYC is just going to shit when it comes to crime. The towing person told me my car was the 4th one he towed today with the same situation.

So much for feeling special. :lol

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #1319 on: October 22, 2022, 06:34:10 PM »

Where in NYC are you?
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #1320 on: October 22, 2022, 06:52:11 PM »
Wtf!
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1321 on: October 22, 2022, 06:58:02 PM »

Where in NYC are you?
Northwest Bronx, in Riverdale

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #1322 on: October 22, 2022, 07:20:28 PM »

Where in NYC are you?
Northwest Bronx, in Riverdale

Oh yea. I’m only in NYC three years so far but I’ve heard stories of up there.

I work in Harlem and was told to be careful if I leave after dark.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1323 on: October 22, 2022, 08:10:54 PM »
Yeah I remember you mentioned working at the college (I graduated from there).

10 hour wait and the towing company just took the car. Now to wait until Monday to know when it will be repaired.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1324 on: October 22, 2022, 09:49:48 PM »
Wow that's terrible.  My coworker had the same thing happen but in Queens.  Sorry, shit like that is so fucked up.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #1325 on: October 24, 2022, 05:37:56 AM »
I feel bad; that sucks.   It's everywhere though; around here - and I live relatively speaking in the woods - they are stealing catalytic converters out from under cars.   The local tire place isn't accepting car drop-offs the night before because they can't guarantee the safety of the car overnight.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1326 on: October 24, 2022, 12:08:06 PM »
Lots of catalytic converter theft around here, as well.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1327 on: October 24, 2022, 10:13:36 PM »
Lots of catalytic converter theft around here, as well.

Been a big thing locally here too.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline Harmony

« Reply #1328 on: November 02, 2022, 06:56:21 PM »
So I learned today that my employer is planning to roll out a new "wellness program" in 2023 called Virgin Pulse as a means to keep our benefits costs down.  The previous one we had was called "Vitality" and it fucking sucked ass.  Basically you unless you want to pay a lot more for your health insurance coverage, you must participate.

I literally have monthly trainings and exercises to teach and prevent data breaches in my job.  And yet now my employer is more than willing to have my personal private day to day activity transmitted ("the hope is for day to day interface with the program") to a giant corporate conglomerate and never bothered to ask any employee if they might have a problem with this.  On top of that, say I want to use their app to track my steps or my work outs or my sleep I don't even get to use the fitness tracker I already have.  I have to PURCHASE another tracker to sync with this program.

Ugggghhhhhhhh I am more than livid right now.   :censored

I really need to retire....I'm just sick of this fucking bullshit.
Just another member of Gaia's intramural baseball squad

Offline Snow Dog

« Reply #1329 on: November 03, 2022, 02:28:04 AM »
So I learned today that my employer is planning to roll out a new "wellness program" in 2023 called Virgin Pulse as a means to keep our benefits costs down.  The previous one we had was called "Vitality" and it fucking sucked ass.  Basically you unless you want to pay a lot more for your health insurance coverage, you must participate.

I literally have monthly trainings and exercises to teach and prevent data breaches in my job.  And yet now my employer is more than willing to have my personal private day to day activity transmitted ("the hope is for day to day interface with the program") to a giant corporate conglomerate and never bothered to ask any employee if they might have a problem with this.  On top of that, say I want to use their app to track my steps or my work outs or my sleep I don't even get to use the fitness tracker I already have.  I have to PURCHASE another tracker to sync with this program.

Ugggghhhhhhhh I am more than livid right now.   :censored

I really need to retire....I'm just sick of this fucking bullshit.

My employer has had us use the ChooseWell program through Virgin Pulse for the past 4-5 years. It’s tied to our benefits like yours in a slightly different way, but the incentive is essentially the same. The company sets aside a certain amount of money for its employees to use on medical costs for the year, and we have to earn it through the points we accumulate through the app. I hate doing it, and I hate having to answer its inane questions daily (truthfully, I‘m active enough that I don’t really need to do this, but it speeds the process up), so once I have the points I need for that incentive, that shit gets deleted immediately from my phone. It starts again every year in November, and I’m usually done around March or so. Sounds like your situation might be more of a year round thing, though?

As far as the fitness tracking goes, that sucks if you have to buy a new one. If you’re not able to sync to whatever you’ve got now, that’s horseshit. You can always manually enter your stuff into the app, but no one wants to do that. I’ve got a Garmin watch that syncs with the app fairly well. Yours isn’t able to do that/isn’t compatible? If not, yeah, that’s yet another stupid inconvenience. Sorry that this is getting foisted upon you as it feels essentially pointless.