Author Topic: What pissed you off today?  (Read 123809 times)

TheHoveringSojourn808 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
Re: What pissed you off today?
« Reply #105 on: September 20, 2019, 12:21:18 PM »
Since we're only discussing hypothetical possibilities that you would NEVER act on, I know a cluster of bananas dropped in the crawl space will be the gift that keeps on giving as well.  But I'm not recommending that in any way.  ;) 

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #106 on: September 20, 2019, 01:13:32 PM »
 :lol I love where this thread has gone

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #107 on: September 20, 2019, 03:23:55 PM »
Since we're only discussing hypothetical possibilities that you would NEVER act on, I know a cluster of bananas dropped in the crawl space will be the gift that keeps on giving as well.  But I'm not recommending that in any way.  ;) 

:hefdaddy
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline 1upmushroom

« Reply #108 on: September 20, 2019, 10:39:01 PM »
Absolutely not recommending an equal part mixture of eggs, milk and vinegar left somewhere warm for a couple of days.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #109 on: September 21, 2019, 06:11:31 AM »
Or the old wives tale of leaving shrimp inside the curtain rods.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Snow Dog

« Reply #110 on: September 21, 2019, 07:59:42 AM »
A coworker of mine found a full pound of rotted ground beef up n the attic of the house he recently bought. Not that has anything to do with this story...

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #111 on: September 21, 2019, 10:48:04 AM »
Or the old wives tale of leaving shrimp inside the curtain rods.

I was thinking of that story but couldn't remember what it was that was left in the rods.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline 1upmushroom

« Reply #112 on: September 21, 2019, 06:22:39 PM »
A coworker of mine found a full pound of rotted ground beef up n the attic of the house he recently bought.

On the subject of cow parts, I found a BK burger (sans fries and fixings but still in the wrapper) when helping someone replace their indoor staircase. Luckily for the owners, the burger decided to mummify itself instead of turning into a bio-weapon. This was probably the first time I was grateful these things have more preservatives than a pharma factory.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2019, 06:34:15 PM by 1upmushroom »

Offline Harmony

« Reply #113 on: September 22, 2019, 05:17:01 PM »
 :D  I'm shocked, shocked I tell you!  That decent human beings would even think of such things!!   :P

You'll all be happy to know, I read your suggestions to my family.  We all had a good laugh.  And quite a few of us were nodding in agreement.

We said our final goodbye to the house today.  But of course, there was one last bit of drama.   :corn

Apparently the buyers sold their house last week and thus they wanted to close last Friday vs. tomorrow.  Technically that means they could've taken possession at 5 pm Friday, but we still had a few things to finish up and remove so that wasn't going to happen.  Our realtor attempted to get us to relinquish today at 1 pm vs. midnight as previously agreed upon.  I had to laugh.  I told him that based on their actions last week I wasn't inclined to do them any favors.  He sensed the intensity of my voice and didn't argue.  And that allowed my family this one last day to say goodbye without any "stuff" to get done.

So worth it.

And we did leave a little present for them....they won't find for a long time....
Just another member of Gaia's intramural baseball squad

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #114 on: September 22, 2019, 05:34:41 PM »
It would seem my fucking septic tank pump is on the fritz.  It had been running non-stop for a few weeks, and I'd checked in on it last weekend - the tank was as empty as it usually is, but still running - perhaps a glitch with the floater.  I'd been meaning to call the company that I used for the inspection last year, but hadn't gotten around to it.  Well, now that tank is full, and the pump doesn't seem to be doing anything despite the fact I can hear it humming away.   >:(

Always on a Sunday evening, eh?
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #115 on: September 22, 2019, 05:41:07 PM »
It would seem my fucking septic tank pump is on the fritz.  It had been running non-stop for a few weeks, and I'd checked in on it last weekend - the tank was as empty as it usually is, but still running - perhaps a glitch with the floater.  I'd been meaning to call the company that I used for the inspection last year, but hadn't gotten around to it.  Well, now that tank is full, and the pump doesn't seem to be doing anything despite the fact I can hear it humming away.   >:(

Always on a Sunday evening, eh?

Amen to that, brother. We are having a similar issues. We had to replace the floater last year, and we just got pumped last week because we backed up again. Seems it's not leeching. We have the company coming out to inspect for the cause of the issues this week.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #116 on: September 27, 2019, 04:36:18 PM »
The whole week but;

Work

My boss

His stupid boss

Staff members who get paid too much and are dumb cunts.

Staff members that want money for nothing and don't want to work or have any responsibility.

Parents that defend their children when you tell them off when they are little cunts and need a flogging and cleary doing the wrong thing.

So called friends that haven't a clue about you and don't want to.

Being a boss and supporting and helping everyone yet there's no support in return as you are deemed as the rock solid one everyone goes to with their problems.

Complaining customers.

My footy team bowing out of the comp.

Staff members that use the microwave and can't fucking clean it.  Why is it me cleaning it every Friday afternoon?

The hotter weather coming.

Realising even though you've made good money in the last 10 years and halfway have set yourself up you're a victim of your own situation and too weak to change and you work for a pack of backstabbing pricks.

Dickheads that just go to the gym to fuck around and get in my way.

Just feeling like you are alone on this earth even when surrounded by people and everyone around you just seem like aliens.  Do I really think and have a different mindset to everyone I come in contact with? Feels that way. (Besides the misses)

I think that's everything.  Sorry everyone I just needed to write all that down somewhere.  It's been a rough week.  Carry on.  I feel a bit better now.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #117 on: September 27, 2019, 05:07:25 PM »
If I still had an office, I'd frame that post and hang it up.  :lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #118 on: September 27, 2019, 05:24:50 PM »

Put it in your guest bathroom
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #119 on: September 27, 2019, 06:08:14 PM »
 :lol

Motherfuckers!!

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #120 on: September 27, 2019, 06:20:31 PM »

I was serious and I wasn't trying to be funny. :(  But I'm glad I made you laugh.  :)

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #121 on: September 27, 2019, 06:25:40 PM »

I was serious and I wasn't trying to be funny. :(  But I'm glad I made you laugh.  :)

I feel like if I ever had to retreat to my office in a fit of frustration I would read that and immediately feel better. Not feel better at your peril, but I would read it and release my frustrations as you did.

Like you said..

I feel a bit better now.

:)

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #122 on: September 27, 2019, 06:29:34 PM »
 :tup

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #123 on: September 27, 2019, 08:53:57 PM »

Agreed.

Currently my dog has pissed me off. 3 years I've had this motherfucker and today, for the first time ever, he decides to open the garbage and help himself to some rotisserie chicken. He only had a little before I got to him. He is an almost perfect dog but like twice a year he decides he'll do something to test his limits.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #124 on: September 29, 2019, 03:11:12 PM »
Just feeling like you are alone on this earth even when surrounded by people and everyone around you just seem like aliens.  Do I really think and have a different mindset to everyone I come in contact with? Feels that way. (Besides the misses)

I have that feeling easily twice a day.  No joke, no exaggeration.  Twice a day.  And you can only go through and re-evaluate and "question" so many times.  And yet, there's ultimately a core to which you have to stay true.

Offline 1upmushroom

« Reply #125 on: September 29, 2019, 06:28:07 PM »
I have that feeling easily twice a day.  No joke, no exaggeration.  Twice a day.

I suspect that feeling is always there in the background, at least for most people I know - I'm becoming convinced that there are as many different realities as there are people, and anyone outside one's own reality is pretty much an alien. Said feeling tends to jump out and whack you on the head at the most inconvenient times, and some are better able than other to beat it into submission, or just say "meh, so what?". Both take some practice.

And you can only go through and re-evaluate and "question" so many times.  And yet, there's ultimately a core to which you have to stay true.

This. Because no matter how good you get at performing for other people's benefit, you can only lie to yourself for so long. At some point it becomes too expensive and impractical.

/There endeth my philosophical diatribe for the day.

« Last Edit: September 29, 2019, 06:35:22 PM by 1upmushroom »

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #126 on: September 29, 2019, 06:46:06 PM »

I have that feeling easily twice a day.  No joke, no exaggeration.  Twice a day. 

Yeah, the two times a day you go into the P/R side. :lol

Since this line is getting some play, it reminded me of a thought I had while I was fucking STUCK in traffic last week. As much as I love my alone time, I am so thankful for my wife, because I would literally go insane if I was the only one I could talk to every day.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #127 on: September 29, 2019, 07:07:20 PM »

Post of the year.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #128 on: September 29, 2019, 10:42:53 PM »
Didn't mean to bring up a whole thing with that line but I'm glad people are catching on, means I'm onto something and not fucking crazy.  Well, you know what I mean.

I am so thankful for my wife, because I would literally go insane if I was the only one I could talk to every day.

That's why I mentioned her in that line.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #129 on: September 29, 2019, 10:44:43 PM »

I have that feeling easily twice a day.  No joke, no exaggeration.  Twice a day.  And you can only go through and re-evaluate and "question" so many times.  And yet, there's ultimately a core to which you have to stay true.

I have had it at least 4 times today here at work and it's 2:45pm.  :lol

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #130 on: September 30, 2019, 07:27:25 AM »

Post of the year.

Well that certainly makes it worse.   And certainly there the stakes are higher.  But it's beyond that; the roulettes, sometimes (I haven't finished in the top HALF even, except for one, and for the most part, I'm sending music that resonates with me).   I watch reality TV and there are times I'm literally uncomfortable watching some of those people act.  I just can't imagine having that little what I call shame, that little what I call dignity (and I say "what I call" to acknowledge that they might be right and it might be me).  We're going through some shit as a family, and it's almost dizzying how two households can view the very same event almost completely differently (and - with kids involved - use two almost completely different standards to evaluate it).

It's troubling to me, though, because as a commercial attorney, it's my JOB to at least understand what the other side is thinking/doing, in order to find a set where we overlap and can come to agreement.   It's not a pleasant feeling to sense you've lost that skillset. 

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #131 on: September 30, 2019, 07:34:55 AM »

Post of the year.

Well that certainly makes it worse.   

You do know that I was kidding, right? You're usually fighting off the crowd on most days. :)

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #132 on: September 30, 2019, 08:09:35 AM »
Not today, but yesterday.

I spent the weekend visiting my sister on her new house (really nice home) in PA. After a 3 hour drive back to the city, I was ready to just sit back and relax. Except that about 30 people decided to have a religious (borderline witchcraft) party across the street from me. They were taking over the sidewalk with tables of food, a shrine for some saint, a group with a dominoes (not the pizza) table, and a bunch of them just sitting around, dancing, playing loud music and drinking. They do this frequently over the summer but this time it was a little too loud.

I waited almost 2 hours before calling 311 and placing a noise complaint with the mindset of, "let them do their thing, as long as they don't do it for too long". 1 hour went by and they were getting louder by the minute. I followed up with the noise complaint and the response I got "your local precinct resolved the situation already" I decided to just leave it alone, closed my window, turned on the AC and started blasting TV to drown out the noise, except that even with the TV at volume 50, I could still hear their music (this one song they repeated 15 times (I counted) from 5-9pm). The "party" continued until 11pm when a hit-and-run happened with one of their cars.
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #133 on: September 30, 2019, 08:31:19 AM »

Post of the year.

You do know that I was kidding, right? You're usually fighting off the crowd on most days. :)

Haha, yes.  Going back, I was not clear:  I mean "going into P/R" makes it worse, not you and Jingle pointing it out.  :)   

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #134 on: September 30, 2019, 08:39:50 AM »
OK. Good. I was afraid I struck a chord. :lol

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #135 on: September 30, 2019, 10:24:14 AM »

Post of the year.

Haha, yes.  Going back, I was not clear:  I mean "going into P/R" makes it worse, not you and Jingle pointing it out.  :)

Thankfully, that's the way I took it, until TAC made me question my ability to interpret Stadler-ese.  Good to know I'm better at it than he is.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #136 on: September 30, 2019, 02:29:31 PM »
It's troubling to me, though, because as a commercial attorney, it's my JOB to at least understand what the other side is thinking/doing, in order to find a set where we overlap and can come to agreement.   It's not a pleasant feeling to sense you've lost that skillset.

I don't think you would have lost that skillset, the world and the people in it are just becoming more selfish, stupid, slow witted and ignorant.  I truly feel our race is going backwards at the speed of light.  I can't imagine where the human race will be in 100-200 years.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #137 on: September 30, 2019, 02:51:33 PM »

I don't think you would have lost that skillset, the world and the people in it are just becoming more selfish, stupid, slow witted and ignorant.  I truly feel our race is going backwards at the speed of light.  I can't imagine where the human race will be in 100-200 years.

The key word is "speed of light"; I think things move too fast now to really let the details sink in. I'm speaking mostly of America, but we have gotten really good at the BIG GESTURES - the crowdsourcing, the "[insert whoever] Strong" movements, etc. - but we're getting to be shit at the little day-to-day gestures.  I say this philosophically, not actually, but a part of me wonders if we don't sort of need a giant reset.  Be it climate change, a national/geographical reshuffling, or something similar.  Make us rely on ourselves, our intuition and our ability to relate rather than technology, arbitrary algorithms, and polling data. 

That won't help me any, personally, but it may answer your concerns.

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #138 on: September 30, 2019, 04:42:22 PM »
Learning Green Day will be playing at the NHL All Star game in St. Louis this season. Ugh. Can’t they just go away?
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #139 on: September 30, 2019, 05:57:04 PM »
Learning Green Day will be playing at the NHL All Star game in St. Louis this season. Ugh. Can’t they just go away?

St, Louis needs to just go away! ;D