Author Topic: Barry (HBO show)  (Read 6957 times)

Online faizoff

Re: Barry (HBO show)
« Reply #35 on: June 12, 2022, 09:31:17 PM »
That was without a doubt one of the greatest season finales of any show. comedy, drama, whatever.. Honestly even if they ended the series that way I would have zero complaints. What a packed episode with so much going on. Holy shit.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #36 on: June 13, 2022, 07:03:33 AM »
What a great finale, they didn't waste a second of that runtime.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #37 on: June 13, 2022, 07:03:43 AM »
Honestly even if they ended the series that way I would have zero complaints.

I think it kind of 'has' to end there....don't you? There's not a storyline or character that didn't receive some sort of resolution.....and the way the season ended for the character Barry seemed pretty fitting.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #38 on: June 13, 2022, 07:24:18 AM »
Honestly even if they ended the series that way I would have zero complaints.

I think it kind of 'has' to end there....don't you? There's not a storyline or character that didn't receive some sort of resolution.....and the way the season ended for the character Barry seemed pretty fitting.

Well strike that.....just read that they're currently writing Season 4.

Online faizoff

« Reply #39 on: June 13, 2022, 09:21:31 AM »
Right and for the 4th season Bill Hader is directing all the episodes.
Who knows how long it will take to air
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #40 on: June 13, 2022, 07:15:31 PM »
Hader said they start filming Season 4 in two months, so my guess would be the next season will be out next spring. 

SPOILERS BELOW

Now that Barry has been caught, I can't wait to see where they go with it.  While I doubt they can tie him to Janice's murder*, you have a dozen cops witness his attempted murder of her father, so that alone is a charge that should stick.  Barry often seems to magically get out of sticky situations thanks to sheer luck more often than not, but it will be interesting to see how they tackle this.

*In regards to this, I don't think he ever actually admitted it verbally to Gene, did he?  When Gene asked him if she suffered, he lowered his head and shook his head to indicate she did not, but that is not an admission that would hold up in court.  And if they had evidence to arrest him for that, there would have been no need for the sting where he was seconds away from actually killing Mr. Moss.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #41 on: June 15, 2022, 07:57:11 AM »
Yeah, that was a really epic season finale and if the show had ended there, I would give it a standing ovation and be happy.  I have no idea how it will go from here, but I have faith it will be a good next season because of how consistent the show has been already. 

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #42 on: June 15, 2022, 07:11:03 PM »
I am actually glad they didn't save the "Barry finally got caught" moment for the end of the series.  Now that he has been caught, let's see where it goes from here.

Jumping back a week, having watched the last few episodes a second time, the convo that ended the 7th episode this season between Albert and Fuches was so great.  Stephen Root is such a phenomenal character actor.  Never the lead guy, but you know he is going to bring it to the highest level no matter what the role. 

Offline Pettor

« Reply #43 on: July 22, 2022, 02:16:15 PM »
I had a long draught in TV-series. Just to many of them and most seems to do the same thing. Somehow I ended up giving Barry a chance and can't remember being this invested since early GOT. Such a well written, fun, dramatic and clever series. The acting is phenomenal! Sally is one of the most memorable acting performances I've seen and Noho Hank maybe the most enjoyable?

Can't wait for next season 🙂

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #44 on: July 31, 2022, 06:27:00 PM »
I had a long draught in TV-series. Just to many of them and most seems to do the same thing. Somehow I ended up giving Barry a chance and can't remember being this invested since early GOT. Such a well written, fun, dramatic and clever series. The acting is phenomenal! Sally is one of the most memorable acting performances I've seen and Noho Hank maybe the most enjoyable?

Can't wait for next season 🙂

:tup :tup

Amazing how. I love this new trend of comedies that bring as much drama and storytelling as they do comedy. 

Online faizoff

« Reply #45 on: April 16, 2023, 11:52:23 PM »
Season 4 started today and first two episodes were legit amazing. This show does comedy so well in serious situations. Six episodes and the show is done. Ends the same day as Succession.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #46 on: April 17, 2023, 06:14:19 PM »
Great stuff.  This show is so good.  I love how every episode is all meat, no fat. 

What's interesting is that Sally had become really dislikable last season, but they did a great job last night of making it go the other way with her.  She is becoming the most sympathetic character.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #47 on: April 18, 2023, 08:08:13 AM »
Great stuff.  This show is so good.  I love how every episode is all meat, no fat. 

What's interesting is that Sally had become really dislikable last season, but they did a great job last night of making it go the other way with her.  She is becoming the most sympathetic character.

I was kind of hoping they'd just write her off with the way she left to go home last season.  I really didn't think that would happen, but like you said, she was so unlikeable that I would have been very happy to not have her back. 

Solid first two episodes though. 

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #48 on: April 18, 2023, 09:03:51 AM »
Love the show.....great first two episodes. As Kev mentioned.....they do a great job of making use of every scene/minute, no 'fat' whatsoever.

Online faizoff

« Reply #49 on: April 18, 2023, 08:31:18 PM »
I get the hate the character Sally gets, but imo she's very well acted for a neurotic emotionally needy unstable anxiety ridden struggling actress. The actress truly does her justice and I love her portrayal, the last episode we see where a lot of those traits come from even though it's been shown how much she's been emotionally and physically abused. Her funny moments stand out much more due to her background. She's one of my favorite characters on the show after Noho Hank.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #50 on: April 18, 2023, 08:51:20 PM »
I remember Hader in an interview during S3 being puzzled as to why so many fans disliked Sally, so I am guessing he made a conscious effort to make her a sympathetic character, like giving her an uncaring and dreadful mother, but it feels like a natural part of the story rather than contrived, so I am down with it.

Online faizoff

« Reply #51 on: April 18, 2023, 10:03:34 PM »
I mean she was already shown to have an abusive ex and they then show Barry verbally abuse her and how she cowered into a shell thinking it was her fault. She definitely had a troubled past but you're right introducing the parents gives a better picture.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #52 on: April 19, 2023, 06:19:24 AM »
We need more footage of Hank and Cristobal at Dave and Busters. :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol 

Online faizoff

« Reply #53 on: April 19, 2023, 06:23:49 AM »
That scene was hilarious and I'm hoping for more of Hank's ridiculous outfits  :lol

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #54 on: April 19, 2023, 06:24:40 AM »
Haha, he is so money.

"I understand Cristobal and I are unicorn situation." :rollin :rollin :rollin

Online faizoff

« Reply #55 on: April 19, 2023, 06:31:13 AM »
I think I read that when Bill Hader had to shoot some scenes with him, he could barely keep it together as Hank would sometimes improvise and Bill would be on the floor laughing uncontrollably.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #56 on: April 19, 2023, 07:09:19 AM »
It probably doesn't help that Hader is famous for breaking character on a whim, but in the case of Anthony Carrigan, who plays Hank, I totally get it. Hank's frequent misuse of definite and indefinite articles always cracks me up.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #57 on: April 19, 2023, 08:23:27 AM »
I get the hate the character Sally gets, but imo she's very well acted for a neurotic emotionally needy unstable anxiety ridden struggling actress. The actress truly does her justice and I love her portrayal, the last episode we see where a lot of those traits come from even though it's been shown how much she's been emotionally and physically abused. Her funny moments stand out much more due to her background. She's one of my favorite characters on the show after Noho Hank.

Oh for sure.  She does it so well that it makes me hate her.

I remember Hader in an interview during S3 being puzzled as to why so many fans disliked Sally, so I am guessing he made a conscious effort to make her a sympathetic character, like giving her an uncaring and dreadful mother, but it feels like a natural part of the story rather than contrived, so I am down with it.

Her history we've known and now see with her parents does make a lot of sense for how she is. 

That scene was hilarious and I'm hoping for more of Hank's ridiculous outfits  :lol

Immediately after this, I looked over to my gf and said "I'd be so down for a Noho Hank and Cristobal spin off series"  :lol

Offline nick_z

« Reply #58 on: April 19, 2023, 02:45:43 PM »

Immediately after this, I looked over to my gf and said "I'd be so down for a Noho Hank and Cristobal spin off series"  :lol

Absolutely, yes!  :lol

In the first two episodes, they were basically the only comic relief (well, a bit from the FBI agents too  :))

This show is so good...

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #59 on: April 24, 2023, 06:16:41 AM »
So good again last night.  That phone call between Hank and Barry was awesome.  Hader is just crushing it right now.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #60 on: April 24, 2023, 08:15:59 AM »
Hader is just crushing it right now.

Yeah, he was great in the new episode. 

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #61 on: April 24, 2023, 09:34:36 AM »
Came in to say the same thing about that phone call scene, straight fire from both actors. I was also really amused by the conversation at the beginning of the episode about the podcast the two hitmen Hank was hiring had :lol
Photobucket sucks.

Offline nick_z

« Reply #62 on: April 24, 2023, 06:21:30 PM »
A couple more scenes from yesterday's episode that I though were SO "signature" Barry:

- Cousienau in the car with his agent, asking (hypothetically   :biggrin:) if someone were to speak to the press about the story...then the scene cuts out to outside the car, which then proceeds to slowly drift and crash.

- The failed hit on Barry in the prison - even funnier with the whole premise of the podcast on malfunctioning gadgets

This show is nuts  :lol

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #63 on: April 24, 2023, 06:26:22 PM »
I got a kick out of the DA basically telling Gene, "yeah, if Barry gets out, we can't do much to protect ya, so good luck." :rollin :rollin

Also, the shot of Tom throwing the computer into the pool in the background when Gene was talking to the wife made me laugh pretty hard.

Offline The Realm

« Reply #64 on: April 24, 2023, 07:00:15 PM »
Just a brilliant show and the third episode was so good. Loved it. Pretty much every scene was spot on.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #65 on: April 24, 2023, 08:26:17 PM »
"Barry is military."

"Oh.    Do you own a gun?"

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Offline nick_z

« Reply #66 on: April 25, 2023, 06:38:43 PM »
I got a kick out of the DA basically telling Gene, "yeah, if Barry gets out, we can't do much to protect ya, so good luck." :rollin :rollin

Also, the shot of Tom throwing the computer into the pool in the background when Gene was talking to the wife made me laugh pretty hard.

Same here  :lol They do this kind of scene SO well on the show

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #67 on: April 25, 2023, 07:25:58 PM »

Same here  :lol They do this kind of scene SO well on the show

They really do.

I also love the directing of Gene and Tom searching the house where they didn't show them, but you could hear them in the background, like two idiots trying to find something, with Gene eventually entering the shot to talk to the wife who was suddenly there.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #68 on: April 30, 2023, 10:35:49 PM »
Another great episode.

Offline The Realm

« Reply #69 on: May 01, 2023, 12:01:11 AM »
Some great moments but overall I didn't enjoy this episode as much as last week.