Author Topic: Chernobyl (HBO show)  (Read 606 times)

Offline MirrorMask

Re: Chernobyl (HBO show)
« Reply #35 on: June 13, 2019, 04:42:38 AM »
Also the second episode was great. The "We need your permission to kill three men" scene was so intense. The Boris dude, the one who had to go with Jared Harris, was stubborn and a prick, but not a complete and unreasonable asshole, when the truth stared at him in the face he didn't look away, and he reluctantly realized that the other scientist was right.

If all the other three episodes are this good, I can see why the rating are through the (covered with graphite) roof.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline Zydar

• Yvan eht nioj
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #36 on: June 13, 2019, 04:48:06 AM »
Just wait til you get to the last episode. Chills.

Online ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #37 on: June 13, 2019, 05:19:42 AM »
Just wait til you get to the last episode. Chills.

The last episode was so tense

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
    • The Home of cramx3
« Reply #38 on: June 13, 2019, 09:33:00 AM »
Yup, the ending was soooo good.  I couldn't believe they were able to make an ending to a known story so impactful

Online faizoff

« Reply #39 on: June 13, 2019, 10:57:50 AM »
Binged this series and is as amazing as everyone mentioned. I love when you can take a real life event which pretty much everyone knows about and inject so much drama and characterization into it.

I've started listening to the podcast now and that is also fantastic.

Jared Harris is one of my favorite actors, he's great in all that I've watched so far. Mad Men, The Terror and of course this show display his amazing acting chops.
The final episode was a great end to the series, I was wondering how they would tie it up and man did they do a fantastic job of it.
The Dwarf lives until we find a cock merchant.

Online ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #40 on: June 13, 2019, 11:41:08 AM »
I forgot there was a podcast! Iím going to go check it out right now. Itís rare that show gripped me the way this one did. I sat down to watch an episode and ended up watching all of them.

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #41 on: June 13, 2019, 03:05:21 PM »
Third episode gone. Holy shit the bodies of the victims....  :omg: an horror movie!!! maybe it was not an episode filled with continue tension like the previous ones, given that the immediate emergency was dealt with, but it's still gripping to follow.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #42 on: Today at 02:53:14 PM »
And also the fourth was great. Definitively the slower so far, but the scene on the roof with 90 seconds of time for the soldiers to push graphite blocks off the roof was filled with tension. Impressive job episode after episode!