Author Topic: Cameo  (Read 1124 times)

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
Cameo
« on: May 15, 2019, 03:21:43 PM »
From Mike Portnoy's FB page:

Have you guys heard about @cameo yet?? A bunch of my fellow musicians are already on board, so I decided to check it out...and it’s awesome! It’s like your own personal meet & greet right to your phone or computer! Ask me anything you want: advice, questions, I can show you around my kit or my house (if I’m home) or you can gift it to people you love for greetings, birthday & holiday messages...or even to people you don’t love and I can flip em off for ya! 🖕
Anyways I’m now on board the Cameo train, so hit me up and let’s have some fun! 😎
https://www.cameo.com/mikeportnoy

https://www.cameo.com/

Cameo is a platform where fans can book personalized video shoutouts from their favorite celebrities, athletes, or influencers. Our mission is to create the most authentic and memorable fan experiences in the world.

Seems pretty cool, thoughts?

Offline romdrums

Re: Cameo
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2019, 03:40:23 PM »
Word up.
Though we live in trying times, we're the ones who have to try. -Neil Peart, 1952-2020.

There is a fundamental difference between filtered facts and firehosed opinions. -Stadler.

Offline SystematicThought

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2019, 03:44:14 PM »
I can finally ask Mike a question for 50 bucks!

Cameo is an interesting platform, it's amazing all of the people that they have on there. I'm not surprised Mike found his way on there, it's a great way to interact with fans and it will be interesting to see what comes of it. You can watch some of the cameos that others have done, so hopefully the same happens with Mike. He's the right person for it.

Also interesting to see what others charge for their time. Some are absolutely outrageous, others are surprisingly cheap.
God have mercy on a man
Who doubts what he's sure of.
-Bruce Springsteen

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2019, 03:49:47 PM »
Word up.

:biggrin: My initial thought was "Is there really nothing music-related to talk about that Cameo gets its own thread now?"
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2019, 03:54:07 PM »
Howard Stern is obsessed with this app, he sees it as a rating system for celebs.  Like if you can charge more than others than you are like higher status.  It's really interesting as so many well known people are on here for varying prices.  I've never used it, but it's interesting and kind of cool.  He sees it like a social experiment and it comes up almost every day on his show.

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2019, 04:01:11 PM »
I didn't know about the existence of this until MP talked about it, it would be cool to use it ocasionally.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2019, 04:02:48 PM »
yea, for example my gf who is obsessed with Ariana Grande and if she was on there, it would be kind of cool to get her to say happy birthday to my gf.  I think there's some cool uses for it. 

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2019, 04:10:46 PM »
Word up.

:biggrin: My initial thought was "Is there really nothing music-related to talk about that Cameo gets its own thread now?"

Thank god it wasn't just me. I went there too.

Do your dance, do your dance, do your dance quick!
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2019, 04:16:56 PM »
yea, for example my gf who is obsessed with Ariana Grande and if she was on there, it would be kind of cool to get her to say happy birthday to my gf.  I think there's some cool uses for it.

I am browsing the talent in search for someone to do just that for my wife. Althoug I think MP will be just as good as any other for her LOL

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2019, 04:18:34 PM »
Word up.

Thank god it wasn't just me. I went there too.

Do your dance, do your dance, do your dance quick!
Yeah I thought this was about them too  :lol

Offline pg1067

« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2019, 04:21:34 PM »
You rang?

"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline Big Hath

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2019, 05:49:34 PM »
Word up.

ditto
Winger would be better!

. . . and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2019, 06:00:16 PM »

I am browsing the talent in search for someone to do just that for my wife. Althoug I think MP will be just as good as any other for her LOL

You've got a great wife my friend  :lol