Poll

What do you think of the end of Misunderstood?

Love it
Like it
I don't like or dislike it
Don't like it much
Hate it

Voting closes: January 17, 2025, 07:40:11 PM

Author Topic: What do you think of the end of Misunderstood?  (Read 2830 times)

Offline DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: What do you think of the end of Misunderstood?
« Reply #35 on: August 01, 2019, 05:01:07 PM »
^ :D

My first DT album, bought a day after seeing the shared headlining with Q'ryche.

My ears were like a Doberman when I heard that guitar solo, being a Queen fan, and thinking that it was Brian May doing it!  So...the song was an instant favorite, except for.....

I really hated the ending, because it dragged on, but then it became a 'greatest hits' after seeing them perform it in DC in '08 (the mellow instrumental with tame blue stage lights, JL playing a tambourine while MP gently tapped on his cymbals...).  At the DC show, it was performed after 'Fatal Tragedy', and before 'As I Am'.

A few days later, our new adopted dog 'bit the hand' that fed the strangers all around him (thinking about my Meals on Wheels clients).  So, I had to make a third 'best of' DT disc.  And.....I gave it The Beatles' 'I Want You (She's So Heavy)' treatment, and just chopped it at the 8:08 mark (with 'As I Am' following, and it sounded so damn good).  Somewhat overlong at that point, but, well 15 years later, still works perfectly for me.  And that it how I have it on my SDOIT version as well.

If I had recorded it onto a cassette, I would certainly have faded it out sooner, much like the '45'.   To be honest, it is really frickin' annoying.
...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!