Author Topic: DT Albums Tier List  (Read 4337 times)

Offline Another_Won

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Attest to the mighty river.Let the truth be heard!
Re: DT Albums Tier List
« Reply #35 on: May 14, 2019, 11:30:59 AM »
Mine:

If I did one it would look similar to this, in that there wouldn't be anything in "C" or below.  Even my lowest ranked album is still really good.  :biggrin:

Offline Ruba

« Reply #36 on: May 14, 2019, 04:47:05 PM »
I heard this is what the cool kids do this days. I was never cool and I know no one gives a frick what I think but here it is. Note: I've only heard Astonishing and DOT once, but that's enough to know that neither is really my thing.

Offline JustDefyYou

« Reply #37 on: May 15, 2019, 01:50:05 PM »
mine doesn't load either, so you'll have to make do with it written down (my criteria of choice is the technical level and precise execution of the drumming on them, and of course personal taste as well. Had it been songwriting, the list would have been somewhat different. This will be a controversial one.)

S: ADTOE, DT12

D: TA, D/T (thanks PBD, otherwise it would have been an F)

F: everything else

I may make another one based on the songwriting.

So you took what was supposed to be an overall ranking of each album and changed it to a rating of the technical level and "precise execution" :huh: of the drums on each album, only to give basically everything an F? I can't wait for your songwriting list, please also make one ranking the shaker playing.

Offline Max Kuehnau

• Emotionless Brainiac
  • Doomed to be a man this world forgot
« Reply #38 on: May 15, 2019, 03:33:45 PM »
mine doesn't load either, so you'll have to make do with it written down (my criteria of choice is the technical level and precise execution of the drumming on them, and of course personal taste as well. Had it been songwriting, the list would have been somewhat different. This will be a controversial one.)

So you took what was supposed to be an overall ranking of each album and changed it to a rating of the technical level and "precise execution" :huh: of the drums on each album, only to give basically everything an F? I can't wait for your songwriting list, please also make one ranking the shaker playing.
OK so: the songwriting (again, written down, sorry about that):

S: ADTOE, DT12, Nafaryus' pieces on TA apart from Losing Faythe (C for that) The Path, A Tempting Offer, Chosen solo, Ravenskill, PBD, OOR, parts of AWE, Barstool intro
B:WDADU (mostly), Awake (mostly), Met2 (mostly), TOT (parts of it), the rest of TA except as indicated
C:D/T (thank R137 and S2n, otherwise B and S as indicated), TA (a few of the ballads and Brother) , I/W (thank TTT for that, otherwise B or A for I/W), BC/SL (parts of it), 6D (parts of it)
D:SC,6D (parts of it),8V, TOT (parts of it), BC/SL (parts of it) 
F: FII (as non-DT as can be)

Shaker playing was an attempt at a joke. Nice try.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2019, 03:57:32 PM by Max Kuehnau »
"All my natural instincts are begging me to stop
But somehow I carry on, heading for the top
A physical absurdity, a tremendous mental game
Helping me understand exactly who I am"

Offline John II

« Reply #39 on: May 16, 2019, 03:48:15 AM »

OK so: the songwriting (again, written down, sorry about that):

S: ADTOE, DT12, Nafaryus' pieces on TA apart from Losing Faythe (C for that) The Path, A Tempting Offer, Chosen solo, Ravenskill, PBD, OOR, parts of AWE, Barstool intro
B:WDADU (mostly), Awake (mostly), Met2 (mostly), TOT (parts of it), the rest of TA except as indicated
C:D/T (thank R137 and S2n, otherwise B and S as indicated), TA (a few of the ballads and Brother) , I/W (thank TTT for that, otherwise B or A for I/W), BC/SL (parts of it), 6D (parts of it)
D:SC,6D (parts of it),8V, TOT (parts of it), BC/SL (parts of it) 
F: FII (as non-DT as can be)

Shaker playing was an attempt at a joke. Nice try.
I actually thought the attempt at a joke was quite successful... considering your choices, I'm assuming your sense of humour, along with your fun organ, was removed at birth. A quick guess: you don't like Viper King?
S: SFAM, BCSL
A: I&W, LTE
B: 8vm, Awake, 6D
C: DT12, D/T
D: FII, ADTOE, SC, TOT, (WDADRu)
F: TA, WDADU
Note that this ranking is with respect to each other - WDADU is rank S when compared to Limp Bizkit albums.