Author Topic: Spotify Playlist: Best of Instrumental Prog  (Read 578 times)

Offline keysmania

Spotify Playlist: Best of Instrumental Prog
« on: May 17, 2019, 10:19:10 PM »
A playlist of instrumental music that has inspired me the most, featuring a heavy offering of DT as well as a good dose of jazz, classical and some of my works

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/25Ril1iShCm2zW5VTNloc9

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
Re: Spotify Playlist: Best of Instrumental Prog
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2019, 07:44:34 AM »
Herbie Hancock, Jordan Rudess, freaking Yanni of all people - dude, are you me? Good stuff!!
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2019, 09:58:24 AM »
I have a playlist of all the Genesis instrumentals, and it's pretty strong (there are a couple of vocal lines - Duke's End, Second Home By Sea - but I can live with that).   

Offline keysmania

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2019, 12:57:24 AM »
Thanks so much Kattelox! I am very glad you like my selection, I try to keep a very eclectic palate :)

Offline keysmania

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2019, 12:59:40 AM »
@Stadler you have no idea how much i want to include dancing on a volcano in this list even with vocals and all! I have no heard the songs you mentioned though, will definitely check them out and consider adding them to the list.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2019, 06:45:33 AM by keysmania »

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2019, 11:48:14 AM »
@Stadler you have no idea how much i want to include dancing on a volcano in this list even with vocals and all! I have no heard the songs you mentioned though, will definitely check them out and consider adding them to the list.

Try Los Endos, then, because it's a sort of "coda" to "Dance..." and has some of the main motif in there (as well as Squonk).  In later years, live, they would just play the first verse of "Dance..." then go right into Los Endos and start the jam. 

Offline keysmania

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2019, 09:59:12 AM »

Try Los Endos, then, because it's a sort of "coda" to "Dance..." and has some of the main motif in there (as well as Squonk).  In later years, live, they would just play the first verse of "Dance..." then go right into Los Endos and start the jam.

DUDE Los Endos is so cool! I can totally see it as a coda to "Dance...". So cool, Thank you for suggesting it! I have added it to the list. I love it when bands have these recurring motifs that come out in various songs that they are then able to tie together