Author Topic: JP's Sneakers  (Read 4523 times)

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
JP's Sneakers
« on: May 04, 2019, 08:39:44 PM »
Sorry, I know this may sound silly. But does anyone know the brand of sneakers JP's been wearing for this entire leg of the tour? It leathery black with a white strip that says the brand name which I couldn't make out, thanks in advance.
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline SystematicThought

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
Re: JP's Sneakers
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2019, 08:51:41 PM »
These are the ones he was wearing in the interview at their new studio. Get ready to fork over some dough if these are it.  :lol

https://www.plein.com/us/lo-top-sneakers-graphic-plein/A18S-MSC1647-PLE075N_02.html?cgid=men-shoes-low_top_sneakers#page=10&start=7
God have mercy on a man
Who doubts what he's sure of.
-Bruce Springsteen

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2019, 09:04:27 PM »
Holy shit! I wish I didn't ask :lol
Yeah, these are the ones unfortunately. Thanks ST.
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2019, 09:15:11 PM »
 :lol
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Offline Volante99

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2019, 09:15:19 PM »
 :omg:

JP is clearly doing well for himself.

Now if he could only upgrade past those MMA shirts...

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2019, 09:57:55 PM »
I don't think there's room in the wardrobe budget for that Volante99, you buy these sneakers and you know you're stuck with whatever t-shirts you wear to the gym and probably have to go with Fruit of The Loom whenever fresh socks are needed.

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2019, 10:39:33 PM »
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline Another_Won

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Attest to the mighty river.Let the truth be heard!
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2019, 06:34:46 AM »
No kidding.  Silly me, I thought $200-300 was a lot for sneakers.

During the interview, I saw the "P" on the shoes and thought for a second it was his own brand.  First beer then shoes, man these guys are really expanding their "brand"  :lol

Offline SystematicThought

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2019, 07:31:27 PM »
No problem!

I was watching that video in the thread about the new studio, and when the interviewer pointed out his shoes and how cool they were, I immediately googled them because I thought they looked cool as well. I almost had a heart attack when I saw the price. And that's on the cheaper end for that brand :lol
God have mercy on a man
Who doubts what he's sure of.
-Bruce Springsteen

Offline Fritzinger

« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2019, 05:41:51 AM »
Yeah, Plein stuff is expensive. And SOME of it is hideous too. But I like a lot of his stuff and I also have some :) I also realised in a recent Eclipsed interview that he was wearing Philipp Plein sneakers ;)
any rock can be made to roll

Offline Moor

• The more the merrier
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2019, 07:10:22 AM »
Because of this thread and clicking the link pertaining to the shoes, I have been receiving everywhere on my pc and social media, ads and pop-up windows of these shoes  :facepalm:

Offline SwedishGoose

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2019, 08:52:35 AM »
Because of this thread and clicking the link pertaining to the shoes, I have been receiving everywhere on my pc and social media, ads and pop-up windows of these shoes  :facepalm:

:rollin

Go get em.....

Offline Herrick

• Hello Mangs
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2019, 05:22:23 PM »
:omg:

JP is clearly doing well for himself.

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&channel=cus&q=john+petrucci+net+worth

Interesting. That site has Petrucci & Portnoy at $8 and Billy Sheehan at $2. I figured Sheehan would've had more money since he was in two hugely successful and popular bands. Or was Mr. Big not that...Big?
DISPLAY thy Breasts, My Julia!

Offline tjanuranus

« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2019, 05:40:30 PM »

Offline Drinktheater

« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2019, 07:13:21 PM »
These are the ones he was wearing in the interview at their new studio. Get ready to fork over some dough if these are it.  :lol

https://www.plein.com/us/lo-top-sneakers-graphic-plein/A18S-MSC1647-PLE075N_02.html?cgid=men-shoes-low_top_sneakers#page=10&start=7

Well as I expected we normal mortals should not be able to easily afford the shoes of the Gods! 
And she listens openly

Offline Fritzinger

« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2019, 12:10:29 AM »
This hoodie is so nice but the price! https://www.plein.com/us/hoodie-sweatjacket-thunder/P19C-MJB1230-PJO002N_02.html

Like the front but not the back... For me, a classic example of that brand overdoing it sometimes :D
any rock can be made to roll

Offline Grizz

« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2019, 06:18:33 PM »
Psh... I still hate the prospect of spending $60 on a pair of sneakers that I'll wear for like 9 months and then use as work shoes for months thereafter...
"I raised the baby, I changed the baby's diapers.  Whenever the baby had projectile diarrhea, I was there in the line of fire.  I even got a little in my mouth!  I sacrificed so much for my baby.  Now my baby hates me and thinks Mike Mangini is its real father!"

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2019, 02:03:42 PM »
No problem!

I was watching that video in the thread about the new studio, and when the interviewer pointed out his shoes and how cool they were, I immediately googled them because I thought they looked cool as well. I almost had a heart attack when I saw the price. And that's on the cheaper end for that brand :lol

Well he's been wearing them in every single appearance/performance since the D/T era began so I thought maybe they're insane comfortable, that's why I asked, I didn't know it was more of a fashion statement :lol