Author Topic: Anyone willing to pick up a DoT tour progam for me? Hoping it's cheaper at shows  (Read 1715 times)

Offline zappafrank2112

The tour program is now up for sale online.  Base price $50 (that's more than Kiss!) + $12 basic shipping

S/H alone makes this really disappointing, given that plenty of us didn't have the option of buying it (the pre-order link was removed a few weeks into the tour, yet they kept promoting it) even though we attended a show and it wasn't out yet.

That said, if the base price is cheaper in person (I'm assuming they'll start selling them at shows now), is there anyone here who might be willing to get me a copy and then mail it to me?  If the end result is the same price as online, then obviously I'd just go through the merch site and decide it it's worth it to me.

But if there's anyway to take advantage of a cheaper in-person price (and potential lower S/H), please hit me up.

https://dreamtheater.fanfire.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/Store.woa/wa/product?sourceCode=DRAWEBWWUSD&sku=DRA86764
« Last Edit: May 01, 2019, 09:26:27 PM by zappafrank2112 »

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
The tour program is now up for sale online.  Base price $50 (that's more than Kiss!) + $12 basic shipping

:omg:
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline RaiseTheKnife

Yikes, I sure hope they honor my pre-order from back in March.  I paid $14 plus shipping, totaling $21.  Checked the status of the order, and they have it listed in their system but not shipping details created as of yet.

Offline zappafrank2112

Yikes, I sure hope they honor my pre-order from back in March.  I paid $14 plus shipping, totaling $21. Checked the status of the order, and they have it listed in their system but not shipping details created as of yet.

ARE YOU F---ING KIDDING ME?!

This is unacceptable, especially since the pre-order page was taken DOWN a few weeks into the tour yet they were still advertising it (and have been even in recent days, according to other online fan forums I've pinged). Ostensibly, it should be the same pre-order!
« Last Edit: May 01, 2019, 11:05:27 PM by zappafrank2112 »

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
They don't have them at the shows, you can preorder them at the shows but they don't have physical copies.
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline zappafrank2112

They don't have them at the shows, you can preorder them at the shows but they don't have physical copies.

Has anyone confirmed that the people working the merch stand actually take payment and shipping info, or is the extent of their involvement redirecting to the leaflets and the sign?

Either way, until today, since some time at least in early April (when my show was) there was no link available for pre-order on either the DT site or their LiveNation merch site.  There was had been one, but it was removed for some reason.  If they're currently advertising the same chance to pre-order that others actually were able to take advantage of over a month ago, there's no reason that earlier pre-order price should be so much cheaper than what is being advertised now. Wires have definitely gotten crossed somewhere.

Offline Samsara

• Queensr˙che Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Memory flows...like a river.
Yikes, I sure hope they honor my pre-order from back in March.  I paid $14 plus shipping, totaling $21.  Checked the status of the order, and they have it listed in their system but not shipping details created as of yet.

Me too. Because 50 bucks is nuts. No way I am paying that.
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - At the printer! Out in May 2024!

Pre-order now at www.roadstomadness.com!

Offline goo-goo

Has anyone confirmed that the people working the merch stand actually take payment and shipping info, or is the extent of their involvement redirecting to the leaflets and the sign?

There was a QR code in the merch stand where you took a picture and sent you to a website to process payment.

Offline zappafrank2112

There was a QR code in the merch stand where you took a picture and sent you to a website to process payment.

Right, but the merch stand people themselves weren't running cards and taking addresses (which I wouldn't think they would anyway)?

Offline goo-goo

No, they weren't. Everything was done on that QR website. Everything was done at the website (pre-order, payment, shipping details). The merch guys themselves were not doing anything regarding the tour book. They were only redirecting to the QR code.

Offline zappafrank2112

No, they weren't. Everything was done on that QR website. Everything was done at the website (pre-order, payment, shipping details). The merch guys themselves were not doing anything regarding the tour book. They were only redirecting to the QR code.

Thanks.

Like I've (over)stated, the link to order has long since been gone (up until last night, at a higher price apparently), even though they've still been advertising it

Offline zappafrank2112

So the price on the merch website has dropped to $29.95, with the S/H choices being $8.95 standard and $14.95 UPS 2nd day.

Tax adds on a few bucks more, so at cheapest, the price all told would be just short of $42.

I'm curious what will happen for the people who paid the $21 as previously mentioned ($14 base + $7 S/H... no tax?).  For those who did this, did that money actually get deducted?  Or was it pending the actual availability of the program?

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
So the price on the merch website has dropped to $29.95, with the S/H choices being $8.95 standard and $14.95 UPS 2nd day.

Tax adds on a few bucks more, so at cheapest, the price all told would be just short of $42.

I'm curious what will happen for the people who paid the $21 as previously mentioned ($14 base + $7 S/H... no tax?).  For those who did this, did that money actually get deducted?  Or was it pending the actual availability of the program?

I'll have to look back on my CC statement. It has been awhile. I am pretty sure it was deducted though.
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - At the printer! Out in May 2024!

Offline RaiseTheKnife

It does not appear that I've been charged the $21.  I'm willing to pay full price, I just hope this doesn't tie-up or delay my pre-order.

Offline goo-goo

They might charge the $21 once it ships. They will probably honor the pre-order price.

Offline zappafrank2112

They might charge the $21 once it ships. They will probably honor the pre-order price.

Well, the problem is that they were still advertising pre-orders via the sign and the leaflets when the pre-order was no longer available.  Fans like me didn't even know about the pre-order till the show - they can't assume that everyone regularly checks the website.  We were never given a chance to get the cheaper price, but were implying we would via continued promotion of the pre-order. And nowhere was it indicated that price would jump once pre-orders ended (and nowhere did they indicate when pre-order became regular ol' order and the program would finally be available).

Offline zappafrank2112

Another follow-up:

Heard from someone on another forum that they received a discount on their total online order when they pre-ordered the program: apparently having the program in the cart applied a promo discount of some kind to the entire order.

But can confirm (as others have) that the initial pre-order price was $14.95.

Offline lifesonrules65

I never was able to actually pre-order as the link was not working.  This is pretty crappy.

Frank

Offline zappafrank2112

I never was able to actually pre-order as the link was not working.  This is pretty crappy.

Frank

That's pretty much the root of all evil (heh) of the issue, is that the pre-order was being advertised long after the pre-order apparently stopped being a thing.  And then when the regular order popped up, the price jumped - 1st to $49.95, which must have been a mistake, and now down to $29.95, which in this day and age isn't unheard of in and of itself, but is very odd considering that a small subset of people were given the opportunity to get it at a much lower price, even though they (whoever handles merch) continued to promote that opportunity as being available to all.

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
Mine just arrived (I was one of those first early pre-orders through the website). I took a pic of the cover, back cover, and middle. The whole book is beautiful. "Dream Theater" is also raised up on the cover. Nice touch:

http://anybodylistening.net/images/dot-1.jpg
http://anybodylistening.net/images/dot-2.jpg
http://anybodylistening.net/images/dot-3.jpg

I tried using the picture format/code, but it wouldn't display them. Maybe they are too big? Either way, I checked these links in a new window, they work.

Offline zappafrank2112

Mine just arrived (I was one of those first early pre-orders through the website). I took a pic of the cover, back cover, and middle. The whole book is beautiful. "Dream Theater" is also raised up on the cover. Nice touch:

http://anybodylistening.net/images/dot-1.jpg
http://anybodylistening.net/images/dot-2.jpg
http://anybodylistening.net/images/dot-3.jpg

I tried using the picture format/code, but it wouldn't display them. Maybe they are too big? Either way, I checked these links in a new window, they work.

Thanks for posting.

I'll be ordering mine... just a bit "ugh" at having to pay double the pre-order price when the pre-order wasn't open to everyone.

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
The pre-order was public as far as I know. I simply went to the website on a whim, saw it, and pre-ordered it. Maybe it wasn't marketed well (the listing on the site), but it was public. Otherwise I wouldn't have been able to pre-order when I did.

Offline zappafrank2112

The pre-order was public as far as I know. I simply went to the website on a whim, saw it, and pre-ordered it. Maybe it wasn't marketed well (the listing on the site), but it was public. Otherwise I wouldn't have been able to pre-order when I did.

Oh I know, but as I've detailed ad nauseum (heh), they removed the link a few weeks into the tour yet continued to advertise for the entire leg.  3 weeks in, people were being directed to a link that didn't exist, and that continued up through the very last US show.

Offline RaiseTheKnife

My tour book arrived last week, and I regret to inform you that they charged me the $14 plus shipping price (I regret nothing).

The book is quite beautiful with new artwork (presumably by Hugh Syme?).  The book features an after-show crowd photo taken from a Los Angeles show where I had second row seats, but alas I'm obscured by John Myung's pose in the photo.

Offline zappafrank2112

So now elsewhere I've read where someone pre-ordered at the reduced rate and supplied payment info but was never charged.

Their order was recently cancelled for whatever reason and now if they want to order, they have to pay the new price.

Seriously, what a cluster.

I'm still holding out on ordering in the hopes that word still gets back to the band about the whole mess this has been and the price gets reduced/partial refunds issued if you paid already full price.