Author Topic: What DT's Distance Over Time 2019 Tour Setlist Should Have Been?  (Read 9907 times)

Offline TheCountOfNYC

Re: What DT's Distance Over Time 2019 Tour Setlist Should Have Been?
« Reply #105 on: July 25, 2019, 08:49:53 PM »
We can all agree that Pull Me Under needs not make an appearance in this second leg, let alone as the encore, correct?

Unpopular opinion time. I understand that it’s their most famous song, but Pull Me Under does not work as an encore, like, at all. That ending is way too abrupt and doesn’t release all of the energy in the building like a show closer is supposed to. As a show opener sure it’s fine and I would even say it would be a sick way to close set one, with the entire stage going completely dark as the song and set ends. But it’s extremely underwhelming encore if you ask me.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline V_R11

« Reply #106 on: July 26, 2019, 01:11:35 AM »
As I Am, Breaking All Illusions, and Metropolis Pt. 1 were all featured on the last tour.  So no way I would prefer either of them to replace anything on the current tour.

Yeah, this. I'm pretty over TSCO too but it's part of Scenes, so...also, about PMU, I was disappointed when I found out that's the encore they're going with. Great song but too predictable and frankly overplayed even given its success

Other than that I don't really care what's in the set list. I haven't seen this tour yet so anything off the latest album will be nice to hear, but I'd go wild over AWE
« Last Edit: July 26, 2019, 12:29:26 PM by V_R11 »
Seasons change and so can I

Offline pg1067

« Reply #107 on: July 26, 2019, 11:07:51 AM »
We can all agree that Pull Me Under needs not make an appearance in this second leg, let alone as the encore, correct?

Unpopular opinion time. I understand that it’s their most famous song, but Pull Me Under does not work as an encore, like, at all. That ending is way too abrupt and doesn’t release all of the energy in the building like a show closer is supposed to. As a show opener sure it’s fine and I would even say it would be a sick way to close set one, with the entire stage going completely dark as the song and set ends. But it’s extremely underwhelming encore if you ask me.

I'm on board with that.  I enjoy it when it's played, but I'd be totally ok never seeing it again.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung