Dream Theater > Dream Theater

What DT's Distance Over Time 2019 Tour Setlist Should Have Been?

(1/22) > >>

Mojado Ilegal:
[REDACTED]

zappafrank2112:
I agree that *SOMETHING* off of WDADU should have been played (maybe still will be later in the year?) for the 30th anniversary.

Personally, I think The Killing Hand would have been perfect. A deep cut that most fans probably clamor for (A Fortune in Lies has been overplayed at this point, IMO).

The only other thing I was thinking is that The Count of Tuscany would have been great to bust out as an encore (PME can go in the main set).

Someone months before the tour began said he'd talked with the band about the top 3 songs that fans would like to hear, and songs like Octavarium were being tossed around.  Whatever happened with that?  Did any of the choices making it into the set?  I forget what they were.

Mojado Ilegal:
[REDACTED]

hefdaddy42:
As I Am, Breaking All Illusions, and Metropolis Pt. 1 were all featured on the last tour.  So no way I would prefer either of them to replace anything on the current tour.

Cool Chris:
I'll chime in saying I won't see this tour, or at least this leg of it.

I was initially disappointed to see an album other than the current one being played through in its entirety. It seems to be a big hit at least here so guess it was a good decision on their part. Seeing the first set posted online the first time was a bit of a huh? moment for me considering 1) the inclusion of ANTR and 2) the exclusion of AWE. Swap those two and my ranking of it goes way up. S2N and 137 are my least favorite songs on the new album so I wasn't sad to see those not included. I love ItPoE so that was a pleasant surprise.

--- Quote from: Mojado Ilegal on April 29, 2019, 08:50:00 AM ---I'll agree with you on the fact that something should have been played from that album, since its equally as important as Images and Words, Scenes From A Memory, Octavarium, etc.,

--- End quote ---

I disagree that something should have been included from WDaDU because 1) it's not as good as those albums and 2) it's xx anniversary isn't really worth celebrating at this point.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version