Skin
1 (14.3%)
Crack The Big Sky
0 (0%)
The Healing Colors Of Sound
1 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Voting closed: April 28, 2019, 09:14:23 PM

Author Topic: Spock's Beard Survivor 2019 - Day For Night - Round 4  (Read 500 times)

Offline The Letter M

Spock's Beard Survivor 2019 - Day For Night - Round 4
« on: April 26, 2019, 09:14:23 PM »
Day For Night
Day For Night
Gibberish
Skin
Crack The Big Sky

Round 3's Results:
Gibberish 3 (37.5%)
Skin 1 (12.5%)
The Distance To The Sun 4 (50%)

6. The Distance To The Sun
7. The Gypsy
8. Can't Get It Wrong

Well, that seemed a bit expected, and I expect either "Gibberish" or "Skin" to go next as well!

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline RoeDent

• 2006 Time Magazine Person of the Year
Re: Spock's Beard Survivor 2019 - Day For Night - Round 4
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2019, 03:15:25 AM »
Let's try Gibberish again. I'm genuinely surprised it's lasted this long. I thought it was one of the more disliked SB songs.

Offline Mladen

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2019, 04:00:33 AM »

As far as their epics go, this is one of the several inconsistent ones. There are some great bits, but as a whole, it's not as good as the remaining tracks. I'll keep on defending Gibberish and Skin as two of their most underrated and catchiest tunes.

Offline DTA

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2019, 05:25:45 AM »

As far as their epics go, this is one of the several inconsistent ones. There are some great bits, but as a whole, it's not as good as the remaining tracks. I'll keep on defending Gibberish and Skin as two of their most underrated and catchiest tunes.

Voting for this and The Great Nothing? Do you just not like epics or something? I seriously don't know how someone can hear Lay It Down/THCoS 2/My Shoes Revisited and think Skin or Gibberish is better.

Offline Mladen

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2019, 06:58:45 AM »
Lay it down and the self titled part of the suite are wonderful and easily my favorite bits of the song, but the rest of it doesn't even remotely touch the greatness of The Light, The Water, Flow, The Doorway, At the end of the day, or even a good bunch of the later day SB epics.

The Healing colors of sound, along with The Great nothing and As far as the mind can see, are the only times SB didn't quite hit the mark with the epics. Then again, not everything that's epic has to be great, obviously.  ;)