Author Topic: Jordan Rudess Says Liquid Tension Experiment Reunion Will Happen 'At Some Point'  (Read 4193 times)

Offline emtee

If they were to change things up and bring in a vocalist I'll
buy it. Otherwise not interested. I would be happy to see them
playing together though.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
Not a fan of either instrumental albums or jam-based music, so I have zero interest in this. Not even sure why I clicked on this thread.

I remember kind of liking the first one. I haven't listened to it in well over 10 years. I've never heard the second one...I think. Every now and then I think about checking them out again but I never do.

I ended up getting LTE2 first, and didn't get the first one until years later.  I like 2 better, but acknowledge that that maybe a factor of having that one a lot longer and getting more familiar with it.  But both are pretty good.  I wouldn't say there is a drastic difference between the two, and however you feel about one is a pretty good predictor of how you will feel about the other.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Bertielee

• RIP, Dad (1935-2017)
Not a fan of either instrumental albums or jam-based music, so I have zero interest in this. Not even sure why I clicked on this thread.

I remember kind of liking the first one. I haven't listened to it in well over 10 years. I've never heard the second one...I think. Every now and then I think about checking them out again but I never do.

I ended up getting LTE2 first, and didn't get the first one until years later.  I like 2 better, but acknowledge that that maybe a factor of having that one a lot longer and getting more familiar with it.  But both are pretty good.  I wouldn't say there is a drastic difference between the two, and however you feel about one is a pretty good predictor of how you will feel about the other.

Well, I like the first one a lot and couldn't get into the second one. Number one is more varied imo.

B.Lee
"Life is divided into two sets of people : people who have lost and people who haven't yet." George Michael

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
I like 2 better than 1, but both are great.  I was at the show in Downey CA in 2008 and it was one of the best live music experiences of my life.  Plus, I got to meet JP and JR because we were all staying at the same hotel next to the venue.  :biggrin:

Would love another LTE album and live reunion.  :tup
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
Am I the only one that isn't over the moon waiting for this?  I'll listen to it, as I like the other two, but my world is complete without this.  There are other things I'd like to see those particular musicians set their time to.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
Am I the only one that isn't over the moon waiting for this?  I'll listen to it, as I like the other two, but my world is complete without this.  There are other things I'd like to see those particular musicians set their time to.

I know I'm in the minority, but...this news doesn't really excite me.  Yeah, I thought both LTE albums were good.  There isn't a single song that I can say I disliked.  But they also aren't something I gravitate toward and want to listen to very often either.  I love a solid instrumental or two every now and then.  But entire albums of instrumental music generally don't get a lot of listens from me.  So if they do this, cool.  That's great for the many, many fans that would love another album.  For me, I would buy it.  I would listen to it.  And, knowing the track record of the guys involved, I would likely enjoy most or all of it.  But after listening for the first couple of months, I might take it off the shelf once a year.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
ITT: Stadler doesn't read threads.

:tup
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline gzarruk

I know I'm in the minority, but...this news doesn't really excite me.  Yeah, I thought both LTE albums were good.  There isn't a single song that I can say I disliked.  But they also aren't something I gravitate toward and want to listen to very often either.  I love a solid instrumental or two every now and then.  But entire albums of instrumental music generally don't get a lot of listens from me.  So if they do this, cool.  That's great for the many, many fans that would love another album.  For me, I would buy it.  I would listen to it.  And, knowing the track record of the guys involved, I would likely enjoy most or all of it.  But after listening for the first couple of months, I might take it off the shelf once a year.

Count me in.
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."