Author Topic: Mike Mangini NEW INTERVIEW  (Read 5191 times)

Online gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
Re: Mike Mangini NEW INTERVIEW
« Reply #35 on: July 25, 2019, 08:12:17 AM »
some people's lives are so bankrupt as to complain about whether MM plays all of MP's parts exactly or not. 

Which is funny because MP doesn't even play all of MP's parts exactly. One of my issues with MP is that there are many a song where he is taking the 'easy' route in playing that song compared to what he laid down for the track on the CD. I get it....touring is long and tough and whatever....but MP made it a habit of 'taking a holiday' when playing his songs and often skipped some of the creative double bass sections he'd put in or even some fills were modified.

I'd petition that MM is far superior to MP in the respect that MM nails his studio version of drumming live WAY more consistently than MP does. By a long shot...not even debatable. So the folks dogging MM for not playing MPs' parts right need to be honest with themselves before they start picking on MM.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #36 on: July 25, 2019, 06:30:39 PM »
I remember at Morsefest two years ago where Portnoy totally skipped one of my favorite drum fills on the entire T2 record in Road Dog Blues.  As a professional air drummer at concerts :lol, I was primed and ready, and then felt like a dope when I did the drum fill only to instantly realize, "wait, Portnoy didn't do it."  :facepalm: :facepalm:

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #37 on: August 09, 2019, 12:36:48 PM »

Offline Max Kuehnau

• Emotionless Brainiac
  • Doomed to be a man this world forgot
« Reply #38 on: August 09, 2019, 12:48:09 PM »
New interview

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcDpaZAtXVk&feature=youtu.be
good interview IMHO. Nice that he mentions PBD as his favourite to play live on this tour. Good boy.
"All my natural instincts are begging me to stop
But somehow I carry on, heading for the top
A physical absurdity, a tremendous mental game
Helping me understand exactly who I am"

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #39 on: August 09, 2019, 09:10:11 PM »
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."