Author Topic: Total Concerts You've Seen - count 'em up!  (Read 6583 times)

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: Total Concerts You've Seen - count 'em up!
« Reply #70 on: May 31, 2019, 07:18:02 AM »
I found my lists from the last few years so I have an accurate count from 2016-now, count is 110.

2016: 22
2017: 32
2018: 39
2019: 17 (so far, another 14 currently on the schedule)

I think it'll be hard to top 2018, for one, my cost of living has gone up, but two, it also takes perfect timing to get so many concerts in, the right bands have to come to town that I want to see and have to be able available to see them. 

It does help to live close to so many concert venues so there's almost always something going on, especially now in the summer with all the outdoor shows.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #71 on: May 31, 2019, 08:00:53 AM »

I think it'll be hard to top 2018, for one, my cost of living has gone up, but two, it also takes perfect timing to get so many concerts in, the right bands have to come to town that I want to see and have to be able available to see them. 

This; I know for me, it seems to be feast or famine.  There was a two week stretch end of April, first part of May, where I could have gone to shows ten nights out of 15.   Now there's nothing until August, then in September I have three in a week.   

Can't Steve Hackett and Rick Wakeman get together and coordinate???  :) :) :)

Offline pg1067

« Reply #72 on: May 31, 2019, 12:47:10 PM »
I found my lists from the last few years so I have an accurate count from 2016-now, count is 110.

Wow!  I see stuff like this and really wonder what it must be like to (1) have so many bands that you're interested in seeing live, and (2) have the time and energy to do it.  I haven't been to 39 concerts in the last 15 years combined and, honestly, can't think of 39 bands/artists that I would want to see live.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #73 on: May 31, 2019, 02:43:06 PM »
That year there were 3 concerts I went into fairly blind, all while on business trips.  Had a blast at all of them.  For me, concerts are the one thing I really enjoy doing in a large social environment so even if I don't know the bands, but have an opportunity to go to a show that I think would be fun, to me, that's still worth the effort.

Also, it helps to have a big amphitheater a couple miles away so I can always make a last minute decision to hop over to a show 3/7 nights a week during the summer.  Also another club about 20 minutes away, and then endless amounts in NYC about 75 minutes away (train, 60 minutes driving).  I bet half my concerts come from just two venues (PNC Bank Arts Center and Starland Ballroom).

Offline pg1067

« Reply #74 on: May 31, 2019, 02:54:43 PM »
Also, it helps to have a big amphitheater a couple miles away so I can always make a last minute decision to hop over to a show 3/7 nights a week during the summer.  Also another club about 20 minutes away, and then endless amounts in NYC about 75 minutes away (train, 60 minutes driving).  I bet half my concerts come from just two venues (PNC Bank Arts Center and Starland Ballroom).

I live in southern California, so I've got no shortage of venues nearby.   ;D
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline ytserush

• Like clockwork...
« Reply #75 on: June 01, 2019, 01:58:15 PM »

Wow!  I see stuff like this and really wonder what it must be like to (1) have so many bands that you're interested in seeing live, and (2) have the time and energy to do it.  I haven't been to 39 concerts in the last 15 years combined and, honestly, can't think of 39 bands/artists that I would want to see live.

That's easy.

The problem for me at this point becomes weeknight shows and having to be up early the next morning. Can still do the close ones, but 19 times out of 20, I can't justify a New York or Philly show or something similar unless it's a weekend show.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #76 on: June 01, 2019, 02:11:21 PM »

That's easy.

The problem for me at this point becomes weeknight shows and having to be up early the next morning. Can still do the close ones, but 19 times out of 20, I can't justify a New York or Philly show or something similar unless it's a weekend show.

Another benefit for me, even though I'm not far from NYC, I work close by so it's often easier for me to stay overnight in NYC (and allows me to booze since I wouldn't have to drive home), and since I travel a bunch for work, I usually earn a week or so of free nights a year and what better way to burn them than for concerts?  I think I have around 10-30 free nights already from my point stash (days depend on which hotel, nicer ones are significantly more points to book than some more motel like rooms). 

Offline Lethean

« Reply #77 on: June 01, 2019, 05:42:55 PM »

This; I know for me, it seems to be feast or famine.  There was a two week stretch end of April, first part of May, where I could have gone to shows ten nights out of 15.   Now there's nothing until August, then in September I have three in a week.   

I don't have much on my radar for the summer, and for the most part I like it that way.  When Rush would tour in the summer it was fun, but all in all I think I prefer having a busy fall and spring for shows and having the summer to relax.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #78 on: June 01, 2019, 06:22:23 PM »

I don't have much on my radar for the summer, and for the most part I like it that way.  When Rush would tour in the summer it was fun, but all in all I think I prefer having a busy fall and spring for shows and having the summer to relax.

I'd love if there were more concerts in the winter personally, seems like a dead time in December-March.  I do enjoy the outdoor amphitheater shows personally, but I'd rather the shows/tours not always be so jammed in the summer.

Offline Lethean

« Reply #79 on: June 01, 2019, 06:39:52 PM »

I'd love if there were more concerts in the winter personally, seems like a dead time in December-March.  I do enjoy the outdoor amphitheater shows personally, but I'd rather the shows/tours not always be so jammed in the summer.

Ah so you're the opposite and you have a lot of shows to see in the summer?  Most of the bands I want to see are in Europe in the summer, if they're on tour.  Which like I said, I kind of like that.  Winter though... if it was a band I just casually liked, that's cool.  But if I want to travel and see a few shows, weather can be really crappy.  I think Leprous and Haken had to cancel one of their shows last time around and it was either in November or December.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #80 on: June 01, 2019, 08:41:17 PM »
Yup, plus holidays so it makes sense bands dont tour those times, but yea I live next to a few outdoor venues only open for the summer.  If the big bands aren't doing Europe, they are hitting one of these local venues.  Ben Seger is tonight 5 minutes away, sold out 17k.  Sure not always my bands, but there's usually a handful I'd see and usually for cheap because I can wait till last second on stubhub or buy from a scalper.

Offline ytserush

• Like clockwork...
« Reply #81 on: June 09, 2019, 03:39:04 PM »

That's easy.

Another benefit for me, even though I'm not far from NYC, I work close by so it's often easier for me to stay overnight in NYC (and allows me to booze since I wouldn't have to drive home), and since I travel a bunch for work, I usually earn a week or so of free nights a year and what better way to burn them than for concerts?  I think I have around 10-30 free nights already from my point stash (days depend on which hotel, nicer ones are significantly more points to book than some more motel like rooms).

That's awesome!  I'd run wild in that situation.

Offline Fritzinger

« Reply #82 on: June 10, 2019, 11:31:04 PM »
This thread has motivated me to piece by piece sign up my attended concerts at setlist.fm. I am a collector and I have to archive everything (like on Discogs), and when I found out this was possible on setlist.fm, I just had to start to do that :D So now, whenever I think of a concert I was at, I'll add it.. Maybe I can come back to this thread again in 1 year and tell you my count  :lol
any rock can be made to roll

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #83 on: June 11, 2019, 08:00:23 AM »
This thread has motivated me to piece by piece sign up my attended concerts at setlist.fm. I am a collector and I have to archive everything (like on Discogs), and when I found out this was possible on setlist.fm, I just had to start to do that :D So now, whenever I think of a concert I was at, I'll add it.. Maybe I can come back to this thread again in 1 year and tell you my count  :lol

We have a lot in common.  Big fan of both Setlist.fm and Discogs.   I'm probably 90% complete with the concert database, and about 50% done with inputting my CD/DVD collection.    It's fascinating.   (With Discogs you can even drill down to different releases of the same record, or even different PRESSINGS of the same release.   Some of the nerds people on there are amazing: "Well, the Mastering SID code is clearly a Sonopress Arvato, not Sonopress USA; this means it's post 1987, and deserves it's own separate entry as a distinct release!".  OK, mate, must've missed that.)

One of the things that continuously blows me away is how many versions there are of various releases, and how... not easy, but available things I thought were "rare" really are.   I'm a song guy; there are a couple bands - DT is one, Kiss is another, Noel Gallagher is a third - and so it's awesome to be able to find stuff that places like Amazon try to make you download an entire album to get a bonus track in 192Kbps, and lo and behold, it's on this obscure soundtrack from an indie movie from 2009 and you can get it from a seller on Discogs for $0.99, free shipping if your order is over $20.   

Offline Ruba

« Reply #84 on: June 17, 2019, 12:28:36 PM »

Maybe it's that 51/52 year old you has a crush on Shirley Manson when she was in her 30s.  If the picture in her Wikipedia entry is any indication, she's pretty scary looking now.

She's always kind of been like that; in one picture she's hotter than a blue flame, and another she looks like Butch Vig's younger brother.   I saw a video of them playing in... I think it was Mexico, from about two years ago, and she looked really good.   

I'm a glass half full kind of guy, though, so as long as there's at least one blue flame picture, i'm good.  :)

Well I feel pretty conflicted about having a crush (#1 Crush??) on Shirley 'cause she's older than my mother.  :blush

She looks still good to me, although I wasn't a fan of the pink hair she had a couple years back. But of course she doesn't give three shits what I (or anyone else) think, and that's one of the reasons I love her.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #85 on: July 08, 2019, 09:49:19 AM »

Well I thought 2018 was going to be ahrd to top with 39 concerts... but right now my list for 2019 is at 41 and that doesn't include anything scheduled after November 2nd (AKA, I expect a few more once fall/early winter tours start getting announced).  And this is because things broke in my favor with my work trip to Singapore being cut, that opened the door for like 5 more concerts this summer including one I just won tickets too.  So things really do need to fall into place to make this work (I totally wouldn't of bought a ticket for Lil Wayne and Blink 182, but I will go for free).

Offline TheLordOfTheStrings

• I make music. I also do other stuff sometimes.
  • EB
« Reply #86 on: February 09, 2020, 12:21:51 AM »
Here’s an update:
DT - x7
Alter Bridge - x4
Coheed & Cambria - x3
Periphery - x3
Killswitch Engage - x2
Haken - x2
Twelve Foot Ninja
System of a Down
A7X
Disturbed
HELLYEAH
Animals as Leaders
Van Halen
Palms
Tremonti
Mastodon

Have tickets for later this year:

Animals As Leaders
System Of A Down
Korn
Symphony X
Check out the latest concept album “III: The Sparrow & The Architect”, released under my project The Circle of Wonders:

https://linktr.ee/STARCOMMANDStudios

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #87 on: February 09, 2020, 11:52:02 AM »

Well I thought 2018 was going to be ahrd to top with 39 concerts... but right now my list for 2019 is at 41 and that doesn't include anything scheduled after November 2nd (AKA, I expect a few more once fall/early winter tours start getting announced).  And this is because things broke in my favor with my work trip to Singapore being cut, that opened the door for like 5 more concerts this summer including one I just won tickets too.  So things really do need to fall into place to make this work (I totally wouldn't of bought a ticket for Lil Wayne and Blink 182, but I will go for free).

That's something I admire about you (and I feel like I'm the same way):  you'll go see anything with an open mind.  I've seen some great shows that going in I was just taking one for the team or killing a night out.   (The Cure comes to mind). 

Offline Volante99

« Reply #88 on: February 09, 2020, 03:09:04 PM »
My list of concerts (excluding very small/regional/local acts)

Dream Theater (5)
Rob Zombie (2)
Eric Clapton (2)
Marilyn Manson
Paul McCartney
Suicidal Tendencies
Exodus
Megadeth
Ratt
Dokken
Warrant
Skid Row
Judas Priest
Poison
Kiss
Aerosmith
Ozzy Osbourne
Black Sabbath
Opeth
Mastodon
Ghost
In Flames
Katatonia
The Cult
Agalloch
Willie Nelson
Queensryche
Rolling Stones
Foo Fighters
REO Speedwagon
Styx
Journey
Rush
Insomnium
Dark Tranquility
Johnny Lang
Dave Matthews Band
Alice Cooper
ZZ Top
Insane Clown Posse (yeeeah, not by choice)

Best- Foo Fighters, King Diamond, Ozzy Osbourne/Rob Zombie on Halloween night
Worst- Marilyn Manson (Low energy, seemed like he’d rather be somewhere else, got the name of the city he was in wrong)

Bucketlist to see still:
Bruce Springsteen
Tool
Van Halen
Iron Maiden
Rammstein (seeing this summer)
Symphony X (seeing this summer)
« Last Edit: February 09, 2020, 03:17:47 PM by Volante99 »

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #89 on: February 09, 2020, 03:38:52 PM »

That's something I admire about you (and I feel like I'm the same way):  you'll go see anything with an open mind.  I've seen some great shows that going in I was just taking one for the team or killing a night out.   (The Cure comes to mind).

Funny how this comes up today as I am home with a lazy sunday type of day and saw that my local ballroom has a band, Thrice, playing a full album live (I've seen them a couple times before, actually pretty decent and somewhat proggy too) so why not.  Got a 33% below face value ticket just now.  2019 ended up at 59 concerts, I said the same thing to myself as I did last year "there's no way I can top that" and that's definitely not my goal, but if it happens, it happens.  Also helps that I bought a summer pass to my local amphitheater (less than 5 miles away) so that opens a lot of doors that I may have otherwise not even looked at.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #90 on: February 10, 2020, 08:05:46 AM »
I love going to shows.  I love live music, and for most of the shows I go to ($25 to $50 a ticket) it's better than sitting in front of a TV or sitting at a bar killing brain cells.  Plus the community aspect...  I'm glad my wife understands (I have three shows in ten days coming up:  Roger Hodgson on the 15th, Geoff Tate on the 19th, and Squeeze - well, Difford and Tilbrook acoustic - on the 22nd.)   

Volante99, I know they are on the list for a reason already, but make your efforts for Bruce and Maiden.  Different experiences, but both are essential, in my opinion. 

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #91 on: July 14, 2023, 08:52:18 PM »
I was updating my concert master list and figured this was a good time for some fun facts, if anyone cares :P.  I feel like there is one or two free ones back in the day that I left off, but as there were no ticket stubs for them and I didn't start a hard copy of this list until years later, I just cannot say for sure, so I did not include any I "think" saw.  First concert was in April 1990.

Total concerts - 121

Outdoor concerts - 39

Stadium concerts - 3 (Pink Floyd, U2, Taylor Swift - it feels like this number should be a little higher)

Rush is the band I have seen the most at 12 times, with Dream Theater at 9 times and Blue Oyster Cult at 7 times.  I have seen Neal Morse now 9 times, but that was in various incarnations (solo, Neal Morse Band, Transatlantic). 

The three members of Rush are the individual musicians I have seen the most at 12 times, with, surprise surprise, Mike Portnoy right behind them at 11 times (5 with Dream Theater, 4 with Neal Morse Band, 2 with Transatlantic).

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #92 on: July 14, 2023, 08:59:28 PM »
397 right now. Ive got 6 more shows up to early October. 
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #93 on: July 14, 2023, 09:03:17 PM »

It's amazing you have any hearing left. ;) :lol

There are definitely a bunch I wish I would have gone to over the years, but things happen how they happen. 

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #94 on: July 14, 2023, 09:04:24 PM »
What did you say?  :lol

I think my memory is worse.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #95 on: July 14, 2023, 09:06:12 PM »
I used to remember everything.  Not so much now.  Granted, I still have a weird knack for remembering the most random stuff, but too many years means some has seeped out.  :lol :lol

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Keeper of the Seven Sloths
« Reply #96 on: July 14, 2023, 09:15:29 PM »
41 total. I keep a list on the Notes app on my phone. I remember most of them.

1. Asia / Yes - Innsbrook After Hours - Glen Allen, VA - July 22 2009

2. Progressive Nation 2009:  Scale the Summit / Bigelf / Queensr˙che / Zappa Plays Zappa / Dream Theater - Merriweather Post Pavilion - Columbia, MD - August 1st 2009

3. ??? / John Prine - Carpenter Theatre - Richmond, VA - May 8th 2010

4. ??? / Lynyrd Skynyrd - Innsbrook After Hours - Glen Allen, VA - April 28th 2011

5. Neal Morse - Jaxx Nightclub - Springfield, VA - May 24th 2011
Testimony 2 in full. I think I pissed off MP by wearing a DT shirt.

6. Crimson ProjeKct / Dream Theater - The National - Richmond, VA - July 12th 2012
John Petrucci's birthday

7. Summerland: Marcy Playground / Lit / Gin Blossoms / Sugar Ray / Everclear - nTelos Wireless Pavillion - Portsmouth, VA - July 17th 2012
Everybody sucked except Gin Blossoms.

8. Los Lonely Boys / Los Lobos - Filene Center at Wolf Trap - Vienna, VA - July 9th 2013
Los Lobos looked absolutely miserable.

9. Cage the Elephant / Muse - Verizon Center - Washington, D.C. - September 11th 2013

10. Monuments / Animals as Leaders / Devin Townsend Project - Center Stage - Atlanta, GA - December 8th 2014
Tosin Abasi's bicep is as big as my head.

11. This Is Party / Andrew W.K. - Terminal West - Atlanta, GA - September 16th 2015
Won free tickets via Twitter. The opening band was an all girl Andrew WK cover band. Weird.

12. X Ambassadors / Muse - Verizon Center - Washington, D.C. - February 1st 2016

13. Pinkish Black / Ghost - The National - Richmond, VA - May 9th 2016
Worst opening band I have ever heard.

14. Rival Sons / Black Sabbath - Jiffy Lube Live - Bristow, VA - August 21st 2016

15. Lifewalker / A Sound of Thunder / Thank You Scientist / Haken - The Canal Club - Richmond, VA - September 9th 2016

16. Fallujah / Between the Buried and Me / Devin Townsend Project - The Fillmore Silver - Spring, MD - September 13th 2016
Coma Ecliptic in full

17. Marissa Nadler / Ghost - The Ritz - Raleigh, NC - November 7th 2016

18. The Dear Hunter / Coheed and Cambria - The Fillmore - Silver Spring, MD - May 6th 2017
Good Apollo, Vol.1 in full

19. The Madeline Haze / Thank You Scientist - The Canal Club - Richmond, VA - May 11th 2017

20. Sigur Rós - Merriweather Post Pavilion - Columbia, MD - May 25th 2017
it rained HARD and it was awesome. Spent a solid hour trying to find my car afterwards.

21. Dream Theater - The Lyric - Baltimore, MD - November 27th 2017
Images and Words in full

22. Paul Draper / Steven Wilson - The 9:30 Club - Washington, D.C. - April 24th 2018

23. ??? / Tyler Bryant and the Shakedown / Clutch - The Norva - Norfolk, VA - October 31st 2018

24. The Madeline Haze / Thank You Scientist - The Canal Club - Richmond, VA - November 16th 2018

25. Ghost - Carpenter Theatre - Richmond, VA - December 4th 2018

26. Foxing / Coheed and Cambria - The National - Richmond, VA - February 6th 2019

27. Dream Theater - The Warner Theatre - Washington, D.C. - April 15th 2019
Scenes from a Memory in full

28. Caleb Johnson / The Winery Dogs - Beacon Theatre - Hopewell, VA - May 7th 2019

29. Every Time I Die / Mastodon / Coheed and Cambria - MECU Pavilion - Baltimore, MD - June 2nd 2019
Crack the Skye in full

30. War On Women / Baroness - The National - Richmond, VA - August 16th 2019

31. The Tea Club / Thank You Scientist  - The Canal Club - Richmond, VA - December 7th 2019

32. The Griswolds / Silversun Pickups - The Norva - Norfolk, VA December 8th 2019

33. Jason Kui / The Contortionist / Haken - The Canal Club - Richmond, VA - March 4th 2020
Affinity in full (for the first time ever!)

34. The Contortionist / Haken / Devin Townsend - Center Stage - Atlanta, GA - March 6th 2020

35. Between the Buried and Me - The Canal Club - Richmond, VA - August 4th, 2021
The Great Misdirect in full

36. The Zappa Band / King Crimson - The Anthem - Washington, D.C. - September 11th, 2021
Final King Crimson show in NA (probably)

37. Baroness - Richmond Music Hall - Richmond, VA - November 7th, 2021
Weird venue. Part of a steakhouse.

38. Morsefest 2022: Transatlantic - New Life Fellowship - Cross Plains, TN - April 29-30th, 2022
The Whirlwind and The Absolute Universe in full. Met a bunch of weirdos.

39. Nate Bergman / The Sword / Clutch - The National - Richmond, VA - May 22th, 2022

40. Porcupine Tree - The Anthem - Washington, D.C. - September 18th, 2022
Car broke down on the drive home, so that was fun

41. Nate Bergman / Amigo the Devil / Clutch - The NorVa - Norfolk, VA - April 11th, 2023

Offline Pappy

« Reply #97 on: July 14, 2023, 09:21:47 PM »
1993 - Little Texas, Joe Diffie, Brooks & Dunn, Aaron Tippin
1994 - John Anderson
2000 - Lynryd Skynyrd, ZZ Top
2005 - Trans Siberian Orchestra
2008 - Hurt, Three Days Grace, Breaking Benjamin, Seether, The Sword, Down, Metallica
2009 - Whitesnake, Judas Priest
2010 - Lacuna Coil, Sevendust, Dreamtheater, Iron Maiden
2011 - Three Days Grace, Sevendust, Avenged Sevenfold, Thin Lizzy, Black Label Society, Judas Priest
2012 - Kamelot, Nightwish
2013 - Megadeth, Iron Maiden
2014 - Sevendust
2015 - Delain, Sabaton, Nightwish, Purson, Ghost
2016 - Delain, Sonata Arctica, Nightwish, Purson, Ghost (2), Dave Matthews Band, Fallujah, Devin Townsend Project, Between The Buried and Me, Carpenter Brut
2017 - Local H, Volbeat, Metallica
2018 - Nightwish, Ghost (2), Metallica
2019 - Metallica, Uriah Heep, Judas Priest
2021 - Cold Stares, Larkin Poe, Sabaton, Judas Priest
2022 - Sabaton, Epica, Queensryche, Judas Priest
2023 - Michigan Rattlers, Larkin Poe

Worst - Fallujah - not my thing at all
             Michigan Rattlers - yawn
            ZZ Top - you could tell they were playing just another show in Southeast Missouri
             Metallica in 2008. James had bronchitus. They powered through but clearly not their best night

Best    - Sabaton - If you've seen them you understand
             Judas Priest in 2022. Incredible setlist and incredible show
             Metallica at Busch Stadium. Just magical.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #98 on: July 14, 2023, 09:22:55 PM »
I used to remember everything.  Not so much now.  Granted, I still have a weird knack for remembering the most random stuff, but too many years means some has seeped out.  :lol :lol

Definitely. I remember the ofdest things.

Offline twanky

« Reply #99 on: July 15, 2023, 12:33:03 AM »

Same here, unfortunately the late 80's and early 90's are a bit of a blur. I'm sure there must be more

So at the moment

"You attended 370 concerts of 205 different artists."

1   Glenn Hughes   20
2   Thunder           19
3   Deep Purple   18
4   Dream Theater   16
5   Queensr˙che   10
6   Status Quo   6
7   Iron Maiden   5
5    Blackmore’s Night   5
9   Dan Reed Network   4
10    Whitesnake       4
11    Neal Morse Band 3

Top 11 as i wanted to NMB there ;D
Remember, when you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It is only painful for others.
The same applies when you are stupid.

Offline SwedishGoose

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #100 on: July 15, 2023, 03:03:41 AM »
Concert archives tells me

Swedish Goose has seen 178 performances during 117 concerts with 109 bands at 69 venues in 17 locations.

This is not really correct as a lot of local bands and possibly a few bigger might have been forgotten as I was adding to CA a few years ago.
As a younger boy/man I did not get to see too many bands as both Gothenburg and Stockholm were quite a bit away.
Then during the years with small kids even though I lived in Stockholm I only went to one  two or three dhows a year.
Now that the kids are older I manage around 12 concerts per year.

Favorites

Apr 13, 1993

Peter Gabriel / Papa Wemba

Secret World

Ericsson Globe ArenaStockholm, Stockholm, SwedenSep 15,

2019 Ayreon

Ayreon - Electric Castle Live and Other Tales

Poppodium 013 Tilburg, North Brabant, NetherlandsSep 18,

2003 Pain of Salvation

BE live

Lokomotivet Eskilstuna, Södermanland, SwedenOct 25, 1985

Dire Straits

Hovet Stockholm, Stockholm, SwedenSep 29, 2018

Anneke van Giersbergen / iamthemorning / VUUR / Promise and the Monster / Merit Hemmingsson

Progressive Circus 2018

Malmö

Top Bands

Dream Theater 14 concerts
A.C.T 7 concerts
Opeth 7 concerts
Pain of Salvation 7 concerts
Magnum 6 concerts

Offline SoundscapeMN

« Reply #101 on: July 15, 2023, 10:59:02 AM »
I did an estimation a few years back and need to update it.

My guess is somewhere around 500-600 (esp if you include Festivals and each performing group/artist as 1).

But the local artists shows I have no way to accurately research. I know I've seen Dean Magraw and Greg Herriges each like 25-30 times easily, but the list below only includes a few of the dates I could find/remember.

http://allmediareviews.blogspot.com/2015/11/my-concert-attendance-history.html

I've updated it recently, including concerts/shows I already have tickets to see (some I may also try and see, like The Mars Volta for example).

Here's a breakdown on dates (not bands/artists, etc considering that at those, I saw 5-12 performers. Which that list of dates includes 10+ events)

1988: 1
1992: 2
1993: 1
1994: 1
1995: 3
1996: 3
1997: 5
1998: 2
1999: 1
2000: 6
2001: 14
2002: 18
2003: 28
2004: 17
2005: 18
2006: 29
2007: 32
2008: 36
2009: 41
2010: 33
2011: 35
2012: 32
2013: 33
2014: 27
2015: 16
2016: 13
2017: 15
2018: 16
2019: 13
2020:  2
2021: 4
2022: 9
2023: 12

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #102 on: July 15, 2023, 11:11:13 AM »

38. Morsefest 2022: Transatlantic - New Life Fellowship - Cross Plains, TN - April 29-30th, 2022
The Whirlwind and The Absolute Universe in full. Met a bunch of weirdos.

:lol :lol :tup :tup

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #103 on: July 15, 2023, 03:42:45 PM »

I'm right behind you at about 380.

It's funny, I have a great memory, I've had certain really big memory fails when it comes to concerts.  I don't really drink when I go to shows, so I don't know what's the what.  Unless something changed and I didn't realize it.  (I went for years thinking that Page and Plant played Nassau Coliseum and it was actually in another state, New Jersey, at the Brendan Byrne Arena!)

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #104 on: July 15, 2023, 04:46:41 PM »

It does help to live close to so many concert venues so there's almost always something going on, especially now in the summer with all the outdoor shows.

LOL hard to beat 39 in 2018??? If my count was 110 back then, it's definitely doubled. 63 in 2022 was my record. Im Approaching 30 concerts in 2023 already too.