Author Topic: Total Concerts You've Seen - count 'em up!  (Read 6582 times)

Offline Samsara

• Queensr˙che Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Memory flows...like a river.
Total Concerts You've Seen - count 'em up!
« on: April 17, 2019, 10:55:23 AM »
I was looking in the DT section, and saw a fellow board member is about to go to his 50th Dream Theater show (amazing). That got me thinking, it would be cool to see how many shows all of us have ever attended, in general, from all bands. I can put mine, and maybe folks would be interested in following suit?

Total Concerts Attended (through today): 230

First concert: Queensryche - July 18, 1995, Jones Beach, N.Y.
Last concert: Fates Warning - April 1, 2019, Redding, CA

Top-5 Attended:

1. Queensryche - 36 times (last: Dec. 2013)
2. Dream Theater - 14 times (last: Mar. 2019)
3. Tesla - 11 times. (last Jan. 2012)
4. Sevendust - 10 times. (last: Apr. 2014)
5. Fates Warning - 8 times.  (last: Apr. 2019)

Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - At the printer! Out in May 2024!

Pre-order now at www.roadstomadness.com!

Offline SoundscapeMN

Re: Total Concerts You've Seen - count 'em up!
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2019, 10:59:19 AM »
I did an estimation a few years back and need to update it.

My guess is somewhere around 500-600 (esp if you include Festivals and each performing group/artist as 1).

But the local artists shows I have no way to accurately research. I know I've seen Dean Magraw and Greg Herriges each like 25-30 times easily, but the list below only includes a few of the dates I could find/remember.

http://allmediareviews.blogspot.com/2015/11/my-concert-attendance-history.html

« Last Edit: April 17, 2019, 06:59:10 PM by SoundscapeMN »

Offline Train of Naught

• I sympathize, with a cockroach
  • .....and a cockroach
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2019, 11:00:51 AM »
Mad props for counting, wow, I’d never be able to do that. :lol

Probably somewhere between 100 and 150, favourite concert is impossible for me. I’ve had so many times just throughout the last 2 years where I was floored near the end and convinced myself that was the best show ever. I can name my 2019 favorites though:

Mono + Arabrot (Berlin)
Conjurer (Complexity Fest, Haarlem)
The Ocean + Downfall of Gaia + Herod (Leipzig)
Soen (Berlin)

Oh yeah I haven’t attended a lot of bands shows multiple times. I’ve seen Leprous 3 times and The Ocean 4 times and other than that probably nothing more than once or twice
people on this board are actual music fans who developed taste in music and not casual listeners who are following current fashion trends and listening to only current commercial hits.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2019, 11:05:19 AM »
I've lost track, I'd have to go through my ticket stub booklet and my memory to figure out an actual number, but its definitely over 100 (I did that in the last three years, but my prior 30 years might not have been 100) so somewhere closer to 200 I am thinking.

My top bands:

Dream Theater (18, I did my own research recently to know this off my head)
311 (15+)
Iron Maiden (15+)
Less Than Jake (10+)
Catch 22 (10+, local ska band in NJ)

if you include Festivals and each performing group/artist as 1

ugh that adds a whole other level of complexity, I've been to 4 warped tours, 2 progpowers, and one ozzfest.  It's hard to count, but then again I saw IM/DT concert twice and does that count as 2 shows or 4 shows since I count it as 2 times seeing each band, but its not 4 totaly shows.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2019, 11:07:47 AM »
324 shows.  That includes festivals as 1.

Rush - 31 times.
Dream Theater - 17 times
Blue Oyster Cult - 10 times.
King's X - 9 times.
Yes (all incarnations) - 9 times.
Kiss - 9 times.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2019, 11:13:07 AM »
I'll come back to this and edit it later after I do the work and tally it up, but my first show - a band I wanted to see, that I paid for, not being dragged along with other people - was Dragonforce, April 24, 2009 in Sauget, IL. The most recent show I saw was Angra, September 21st, 2018 in Joliet, IL, but my next show is May 21st 2019 for Avantasia in Chicago.

I think I've seen a few dozen shows throughout those 10 years. Not much, but most of them mean something huge to me, and that's all that counts.
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2019, 11:21:41 AM »
Looking through some vintage photos of Dallas this morning it dawned on me that I saw an outdoor show set up in the Trinity river bottoms. I believe it was Peter Frampton. This would have been in the mid-90s. Point is there are shows I don't even remember seeing. I tried to make a spreadsheet a few years ago and gave up after ~150 or so. My best guess is somewhere between 300-400 starting in '83.

As for seeing bands numerous times, I suspect Dio, Maiden, Metallica, and DT are all around 15. Tool and Megadeth are certainly over 10.

And festivals count as 1 show only.  :lol
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Online Kwyjibo

• Worse troll than Blabbermouth
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2019, 11:24:56 AM »
Not counting local bands I've been to around 100 concerts and 10 bigger festivals.

Top artists are Toto (15) and Dream Theater (10).
Must've been Kwyji sending all the wrong songs.   ;D

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2019, 11:40:26 AM »
There's a wonderful site called "setlist.fm" that allows you to click "I Was There!" at the bottom of every setlist.  If you do that - obviously just at shows you've actually been to - it populates your database, and you can answer this question down to the penny.

I'm at about 350-375 (I say "about", because I have 315 in the database, and 25 or so that I have yet to enter for various reasons.  I'd also say there's about 25 - 30 of bands that don't rate enough to get into the database, like local bands, college bands, etc.).

First:  Judas Priest/Iron Maiden, New Haven Coliseum, Oct. 9, 1982
Recent:  Claypool Lennon Delirium/Uni, College Street Music Hall, Apr. 13, 2019

Most:  Kiss (7)   (Yep, only seven; I go to a lot of shows, but I won't go see too many over and over again. There's also a LOT in the 4 or so range).

Offline SwedishGoose

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2019, 12:02:20 PM »
Despite being old I haven't seen that many concerts.

When I was young I lived quite far away and could not see concerts too often for monetary reasons.

When I quite late in life moved to Stocholm and could be able to see more concerts I got kids and also had no friends to go with. So I only saw 1, 2 or 3 shows a year.

Now that my kids are older and I have found friends who share my kind of music I go to about 12 concerts a year.

I think my total tally is around 100 concerts.

Top bands are
Dream Theater 12 times
Pain of Salvation 7 times
Opeth 6 times
Magnum 6 times
A.CT 5 times

Favorite concert
Peter Gabriel Secret World live

Offline pg1067

« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2019, 12:11:54 PM »
I'm around 150.  I'm very picky -- especially over the last 20 years or so.

First was Ozzy Osbourne with Ratt in April 1984.
Most recent was DT in March 2019.

Band I've seen most is Rush - 20.
DT is second most with 16.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2019, 12:17:57 PM »
Before wife and kids...about 175 (1983-1996)
Since wife and kids...about 35 (1997-present)
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2019, 12:18:48 PM »
First concert:

December 3rd 1998 - Snowball Concert featuring: Cherry Poppin Daddies, Local H, Less Than Jake, Harvey Danger @ Hunka Bunka Ballroom (now known as Starland Ballroom) in Sayreville NJ
^ I did not see Cherry Poppin Daddies, my father who took my friend and I took us home as it was past our bedtime.

Latest:
April 12th 2019 - Dream Theater @ Beacon Theatre New York NY

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2019, 12:19:37 PM »
To my shame, I stopped counting in 2013.

I began in 1998 (Iron Maiden) and they've grown exponentially every year; the first years they must have been few and selected, then it must have grown into 10-15 per year. Discovering in 2009 a folk / rock band based not so far from where I live, and being the fanbase small enough to become basically all friends, their concerts were just an excuse to hang out all together, so in almost 10 years I've seen them alone 52 times.

I estimate I've seen between 200 and 300 concerts, not planning of stopping anytime soon  :metal
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2019, 12:20:29 PM »
First Concert:

Def Leppard, Krokus, & Gary Moore
June 25, 1983
Cape Cod Coliseum
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2019, 12:28:38 PM »
Never counted, honestly. setlist.fm shows 36, and I usually tend to click "I was there" whenever I want to post a setlist, which is like half the time, and I didn't know about setlist.fm in the first few years I started attending, so I'd say about 70-80 I guess? Actively working to increase this number though.
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2019, 01:21:34 PM »
I kept a word doc with each show listed over the years. I still keep it updated to this day, obviously, so it is easy to tally up.

And yes, if it is a festival, the festival is one show. I know for me, I put the headliner in as the "main" show, and I have a column for "support acts" and I list them out. But it all counts as one in terms of shows. But each one of those appearances by those bands counts as one time seeing each of them for the "bands I've seen the most" tally. :)
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - At the printer! Out in May 2024!

Offline Lethean

« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2019, 01:34:34 PM »
Samsara, wouldn't Excel be better for that? :)

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2019, 01:42:55 PM »
Samsara, wouldn't Excel be better for that? :)

Absolutely. But I started the doc in 1995, and back then, I never used Excel. I started using it probably in the early 2000s. I didn't feel like going back and re-entering the info. So, it just all piled up. But hey, its all there, and its in columns! LOL.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2019, 01:52:14 PM »
My list is fairly easy to keep track of nowadays, just go to my youtube list, it's my older stuff that means I need to do some research.  I do keep my ticket stubs in a book, but not every concert I kept a stub for various reasons especially when I was younger.  And then I need to go back on my memory which I feel like I could recall, but maybe need a little help to remember exactly.  I worked on this off my memory (with the help of setlist.fm to confirm the exact dates) a year or so ago https://www.concertarchives.org/cramx3 and got 97 concerts listed.

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2019, 02:00:17 PM »
Accorfing to setlist.fm I have attended 297 concerts by 188 different artists. The reality is probably more than that though (including unknown bands).

Top 5 (also courtesy to setlist.fm):

Haken    14
Leprous    14
Steven Wilson    9
Anathema    6
Opeth    6
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Keeper of the Seven Sloths
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2019, 02:04:57 PM »
Been going to concerts on a somewhat regular basis for the past decade. I'm not even gonna try to remember specific dates.

1. Dream Theater 2009
2. Lynyrd Skynyrd 2011
3. Neal Morse 2011
4. Dream Theater 2012
5. Muse 2013
6. Animals as Leaders/Devin Townsend Project 2014
7. Andrew W.K. 2015
8. Muse 2016
9. Ghost 2016
10. Black Sabbath 2016
11. Thank You Scientist/Haken 2016
12. BTBAM/Devin Townsend Project 2016
13. Ghost 2016
14. The Dear Hunter/Coheed 2017
15. Bent Knee/Thank You Scientist 2017
16. Sigur Rós 2017
17. Dream Theater 2017
18. Steven Wilson 2018
19. Clutch 2018
20. Thank You Scientist 2018
21. Ghost 2018
22. Coheed 2019
23. Dream Theater 2019

And coming up soon...

24. The Winery Dogs
25. Mastodon/Coheed
« Last Edit: April 17, 2019, 08:23:25 PM by Metropolaris »

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2019, 02:18:36 PM »
I have no idea and would not know how to go about figuring it out, simply because I've forgotten about a lot of shows I've attended.  And that's just for actual, signed bands.  When you factor in tribute bands and cover bands, who knows?  But I'll try to list some of the notables below:

First show ever:  Quiet Riot, Whitesnake, Kick Axe at the Oakland Colosseum (now Oracle arena), September 22, 1984. 

I saw Whitesnake twice after that:  once as final warmup act in a festival (Day on the Green in Oakland) with Motley Crue, Poison, and Jetboy, for the s/t album, and then headlining on the Slip of the Tongue tour in Columbia, MD (I think Faster Pussycat opened).

Def Leppard 3 times:  Hysteria tour (Oakland, with Tesla opening), Adrenalize tour (Oakland--I forget who opened), and then years later co-headlining with Journey when they had JSS.  I think Def Leppard was touring on Yeah! that time, but it could have been Sparkle Lounge. 

Siouxsie & the Banshees once in Berkeley around 1987 or 1988, with Julian Cope and Andy Sommer opening. 

U2 at a festival in Oakland in 1987 or 1988 with The Bodeens and The Pretenders opening.

Depeche Mode in Mountain View in early 1988.

Y&T numerous times from the late '80s to the present, as well as the Meniketti solo band a few times as well.

Megadeth headlining a festival in Minneapolis with Fear Factory, Flotsam & Jetsam, and Korn opening in summer 1995.

Van Halen with some popular but awful '90s band I can't remember the name of in Minneapolis in summer 1995.

Britney Fox headling with Nantucket and Warrant (before Warrant had released their first album) in late 1988 in North Carolina.  Saw Britney Fox again at a little club in Panama City Florida in early '92 touring in support of Bite Down Hard.

Queensryche:  I've seen them a few times and feel like I may be forgetting a show or two, but here's what I recall:  Building Empires tour in late '91 in Raleigh with Suicidal Tendencies opening.  Promised Land tour in San Jose with Type O Negative opening (this is a HEAVILY bootlegged show).  Live Evolution, night #2, in Seattle.  Twice with DT in 2003, I think it was (Concord and Sacramento).  Once on the Take Cover tour in Portland.  Once with Todd on the last album cycle.

DT:  11 times, starting on the summer tour with Satch and King's X after SDOIT was released.  I posted about those shows in the DT tour thread.

Lacuna Coil awhile back on the Shallow Life tour, with a bunch of garbage bands opening.

Saw Tesla a couple of more times in the '00s. 

Transatlantic in Downey on the Whirlwind tour.

Neal Morse Band in SF last month.

I dunno...several more.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Concert wish list for bands I still want to see or really want to see again:
-Epica
-Lacuna Coil (again)
-Maiden
-Symphony X
« Last Edit: April 18, 2019, 08:48:37 AM by bosk1 »
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2019, 02:23:15 PM »
I have my concert history saved at home (not counting free shows), but I know the top 4 are:

Rush - 12 times
Dream Theater - 8 times
Neal Morse - 7 times (counting NMB, solo and the Morsefest shows)
Blue Oyster Cult - 6 times

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2019, 02:27:10 PM »
I put this together from memory. Not a complete list and not really in order. I am not including all of the local metal and punk shows I've been to (minus Ill Repute  and Dr. Know. Those were local but they are 2 of the biggest bands to come out of the Nardcore Punk scene here), and I am also not counting the dozens of shows my best friend has played (both his own bands and shows put together by the music school he used to attend / work at.) The exceptions are 2 shows he played as part of the school that also included big names)

REO Speedwagon (First real concert- 2007)
Jo Dee Messina (2007)
Yngwie Malmsteen (2007?)
Misfits x2 (2007 or 2008, 2010)
Slash* (Benefit show with Music School. By buddy on vox, Slash, and then students on other instruments)
KSM (2009- All girl Disney band that recorded and toured for a while. I was good friends with their drummer. Almost asked her out in High School)
Victor Wooten x2
Abel Laboriel
Dream Theater x8
Elton John Band* (another benefit show I believe. The "Elton John Band" minus Elton John himself, and his keyboard player Guy Babylon [who had just passed away- keys were handled by Guy's son]. My friend sang a good decent chunk of the set)
Styx
Derks Bentley (I was drug to it..)
DRI
Dr. Know
Ill Repute
Black Label Society x2
Which One's Pink? x2 (popular local PF tribute band)
Zakk Sabbath / King's X
Steven Wilson
Roger Waters x3
Leonard Cohen
Gojira
Rob Zombie / Marilyn Manson
The Addicts
Iron Maiden ( left halfway through their set... wasn't a fan back then and was there for DT)
Metal Allegiance (left halfway through. Knew people from the opening acts, and actually found Metal Allegiance to be kind of annoying.)

« Last Edit: April 18, 2019, 03:45:40 PM by JayOctavarium »
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline krands85

« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2019, 07:53:36 PM »
I'm nowhere near the levels of a lot of you, but even then I probably wouldn't be able to remember them all, despite my first ever gig only being in 2006. I used to have everything noted down on my Last.fm profile, but they redesigned the site and removed the sidebar you could edit with your own info on your profile page. Most of them came between 2009 and 2014/2015 I think, when I had a friend in Glasgow who liked a lot of the same bands. He moved away though and although I've been to a few shows on my own since and some with another friend, I rarely go to gigs anymore sadly.

1st gig - Radiohead in Edinburgh, 2006. 2nd - Muse in Aberdeen, 2006. 3rd - Dream Theater in Glasgow, 2009. Others I wouldn't remember the order/dates, so I'll post them as they come to me, but I've seen:

Radiohead
Muse
DT x5
Opeth x3 - one of those was with DT
Anathema x2 - one of those was with Opeth
Alcest - with Opeth
Deftones x2
Haken
Leprous - with Haken
Tesseract
Symphony X
Myrath - with Symphony X
65daysofstatic x2
Megadeth
Maybeshewill
Mono
Mastodon
Godspeed You! Black Emperor
Long Distance Calling
Eden's Curse
God is an Astronaut
Red Sparowes
And So I Watch You From Afar
Skyharbor/sleepmakeswaves/Tides From Nebula - together
Sabaton - tagged along with a friend but had never really listened to them

Plus plenty of other support bands that I can't really remember and wasn't that interested in. Probably missed a few - especially a few bands listed there where I'm not sure if I've seen them twice or just once. Totting it up it looks to be 29 individual gigs, most of them in a 5 year period.
Whoaaaahh, ohhh, ohhhhh. Whoaaaahh, ohhhhh, ohhhhhh. Waaah, ahhh, haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaowwwwww

Offline MoraWintersoul

• Gloom Cookie
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • welcome to the wasteland
« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2019, 05:37:55 AM »
Not nearly as many as you guys, but let's try to tally, not counting Serbian bands:

Started going at 2008 when I was sixteen. I've seen Queen + Paul Rodgers, Sonata Arctica (the first tour with Delain) , Judas Priest and Whitesnake, then in 2014 I had a big year with four concerts  :lol Iced Earth, Amorphis, Iron Maiden and Fates Warning. After that I had a break (filled just with local gigs) until I moved to Norway - since then I've seen Kvelertak, Vulture Industries, Enslaved and finally Steven Wilson last year. So, 12 different artists I quite like.

I run a little bucket list with a few dozen bands I absolutely must see in the next few years, I scope out opportunities every time they are a flight away and I lay the potential schedule out to my husband - we pick those we both like mostly.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2019, 05:51:38 AM by MoraWintersoul »

Don't try to BS her about Kevin Moore facts, she will obscure quote you in the face.

type : mora : and delete the spaces for a surprise

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2019, 08:36:37 AM »
One thing that is fascinating to me is the notion of "opening acts".   In going back and constructing my concert-ography, I have almost all my tickets (I even have one ticket for a show - that I attended - that wasn't on any official itinerary, or in setlist; it was Billy Joel in New Haven Coliseum, and it was an added show at the last minute) but rarely do those tickets list the opening acts.   It's a BEAR sometimes trying to find out who opened what show and when.   It's amazing to me how often you get one-offs.  Meaning, Joe Blow was opening the east coast leg of the Screaming Vaginas tour, but for some reason, Joe didn't open the New Haven show, it was Smell My Feet.  Or something like that. 

I also have about four or five instances where I technically "saw" a band, but either don't remember it, or I didn't like them at the time and it didn't register, but now I am kicking myself.   The biggest one for me is Garbage.  I LOVE them and I have a sort of benign, quasi-creepy dad-crush on Shirley Manson, and it turns out I saw them - opening for I think it was U2 - and I kick myself now for not paying more attention.  I've also seen Lenny Kravitz I think five times even though I wouldn't cross the street to see him as a stand alone act; all five as an opening act for various bands (Aerosmith comes to mind). 

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2019, 08:40:26 AM »
I used to keep all of my ticket stubs, but once they became email print-outs and whatnot, it took the fun out of it.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2019, 08:46:47 AM »
I used to keep all of my ticket stubs, but once they became email print-outs and whatnot, it took the fun out of it.

Yea, I agree.  I print mine out and cut them to put in my booklet so it looks more like a ticket, but its lame.  For awhile I was paying the extra fee for the stub, but then they started charging even more for it or sometimes not even having the option.  So fuck it, I still like collecting the stub, and specifically the stub I used (Metallica this year collected all the tickets to enter the floor, but you could grab one back on your way out, so I have somoene elses ticket for that event) but its harder to do this and the payoff isn't as interesting.

Online Kwyjibo

• Worse troll than Blabbermouth
« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2019, 08:55:25 AM »
I also have about four or five instances where I technically "saw" a band, but either don't remember it, or I didn't like them at the time and it didn't register, but now I am kicking myself. 

When I look up who opened for DT for the concerts I saw, I'm surprised what I should have seen, but don't really remember.

I remember Spock's Beard (great), Symphony X (good) and Pain Of Salvation (not really good, but this was before I became a fan, so either they were really bad, or I just didn't get it). But I'm supposed to have seen Vanden Plas, which I don't remember at all and some other acts I have already forgotten again.

And I saw Soundgarden and Faith No More opening for Guns 'n' Roses on the Use Your Illusion tour. I didn't really pay attention because I was there for GnR. I have seen Soundgarden on tour later on but sadly never had the chance to see Faith No More again.
Must've been Kwyji sending all the wrong songs.   ;D

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #31 on: April 18, 2019, 09:00:47 AM »

EXACTLY!!  I have a stack of cool ticket stubs... then a pile of paper folded into thirds.   Lame.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #32 on: April 18, 2019, 03:10:50 PM »
In chronological order to the best of my ability:

Matchbox 20/soul asylum/Semi sonic- 1998
A perfect circle - Mer de noms tour
Dream theater- Black clouds tour
Porcupine tree- The incident tour

Rush - Time machine tour
Shinedown
Ten years

Circa survive- Blue sky noise tour
Dredg - Chuckles tour

Devin townsend- Ghost era tour
Dream theater- Dramatic tour

Rush- clockwork angels

Linkin park- Living things tour
Incubus- If not now then when tour

Smashing pumpkins- oceania tour

Fates warning- Darkness in a different light tour
Deftones- Gore
Incubus- 8 tour

Radiohead- Kind of limbs tour
Rammstein

Tool- Random tour

Thrice- Goodbye tour

Between the buried and me
Coheed - afterman tour

Peter gabriel- So anniversary tour

King crimson- 2016?

Soundgarden- reunion tour
NIN - Hesitation marks tour

Iron maiden- Book of souls tour

Stone temple pilots- 2018
Alice in chains - 2018

Dream theater- 2019

Offline pg1067

« Reply #33 on: April 18, 2019, 03:28:38 PM »
I LOVE them and I have a sort of benign, quasi-creepy dad-crush on Shirley Manson

Dad crush?  You know she's older than you, right?   ;D

I also miss the days of ticket stubs.  I have most of mine, except for my first four shows (and I have no idea why I don't have those).  I actually paid the couple of bucks that LN charges to send an actual ticket for this latest DT show.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #34 on: April 18, 2019, 03:42:58 PM »
I also have about four or five instances where I technically "saw" a band, but either don't remember it, or I didn't like them at the time and it didn't register, but now I am kicking myself.   The biggest one for me is Garbage.  I LOVE them and I have a sort of benign, quasi-creepy dad-crush on Shirley Manson, and it turns out I saw them - opening for I think it was U2 - and I kick myself now for not paying more attention.  I've also seen Lenny Kravitz I think five times even though I wouldn't cross the street to see him as a stand alone act; all five as an opening act for various bands (Aerosmith comes to mind).
My biggest one is Gary Moore on the Wild Frontier tour. Really wish I'd paid more attention.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson