Poll

Who were your favorite characters from Game of Thrones?  (VOTE FOR 5)

Ned Stark
Catelyn Stark
Rob Stark
Sansa Stark
Arya Stark
Bran Stark
Tywin Lannister
Cersei Lannister
Jaime Lannister
Tyrion Lannister
Daenerys Targaryen
Jon Snow
Theon Greyjoy
Sandor "The Hound" Clegane
Petyr "Littlefinger" Baelish
Robert Baratheon
Samwell Tarly
Bronn
Lord Varys
Jorah Mormont
Olenna Tyrell
Margaery Tyrell
Stannis Baratheon
Davos Seaworth
Brienne of Tarth
Tormund Giantsbane
Hot Pie
Ghost
The Night King

Voting closes: March 04, 2025, 05:44:32 PM

Author Topic: Who were your favorite characters from Game of Thrones?  (Read 4128 times)

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: Who were your favorite characters from Game of Thrones?
« Reply #35 on: June 04, 2019, 03:40:04 PM »
Would have voted Joffrey, sure he was evil but damn he was entertaining to watch.  It was like a love/hate moment when he died.  You know an actor did a good job when they draw such strong negative emotions out of you and he did that.

I remember with each season ending I thought "damn, Joffrey's still alive, not fair". I just couldn't stand the little prick and every episode he didn't die was a wasted episode for me. I guess this is also a compliment in a way (and Jack Gleeson deserves all the praise he can get), but I really, REALLY wanted to see the annoying fucker dead ASAP  :lol I guess that was the entire point for many hehe!

Joffrey might go down as my favorite villain for a TV show, he was just such a terrible person with an attitude and so small and fragile like when Tyrion slapped him  :rollin just soo good to watch and hate because that character was so terrible.  Obviously I don't like him for who he was in the show, I love him because he was super entertaining to watch.  I didn't really feel the same for Ramsay though, the performance was fine, but I just hated him and didn't enjoy hating him if that makes any sense like I did with Joffrey. 

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #36 on: June 04, 2019, 07:23:39 PM »
Ramsay you could at least respect a tiny bit because he could at least fight and strategize a little.  Joffrey was just a little brat who was a wimp, had no strategic skills whatsoever, and got off on tormenting people just for the sake of it.  Part of the reason why I liked Tywin so much was that he was so awesome at clowning Joffrey and putting him in his place.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #37 on: June 04, 2019, 07:33:22 PM »
"That was Joffrey's sword, wasn't it? What did he call it?"
"Widow's Wail."
"He really was a cunt, wasn't he?"

Olenna rules  :lol
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #38 on: June 04, 2019, 11:32:35 PM »
Haven't seen the show but from my perspective having read the books:

Ned Stark
Jaime
Tyrion
Littlefinger
Arya

Jon Snow if I could have chosen 6.

I am basing it on who I found the most interesting and compelling to the overall story. Not who I liked the most.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2019, 11:39:07 PM by Cool Chris »
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #39 on: June 15, 2019, 09:16:06 PM »
Anybody who would have voted for Ramsay or Joffrey, please seek help. :P

Hey man, Ramsay was a fascinating character and I totally would have voted for him if he was on the poll. I loved the yin/yang element he had with Jon Snow and I wish they had explored it. Ramsay was the way he was cause there was no way for him to be anything else and survive he childhood as a bastard at the Dreadfort. He entered adulthood completely devoid of empathy, the idea that physical pain reliefs his mental and emotional strain was really well played and another thing I wish they explored more. Trade fathers with Jon Snow and you'd have the characters reversed, I like that Ramsay turned out worse than his father and Jon Snow turned out better than his father/uncle.
One of my favorite moments of the show was the look on the face of Roose Bolton after Ramsay stabbed him and he realized it took him too long to understand the kind of monster he created.

Ramsay you could at least respect a tiny bit because he could at least fight and strategize a little. 

A little? He hasn't lost a battle at all, at least not for lack of strategizing. The Battle of The Bastards was his if it wasn't for Sansa.
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #40 on: June 17, 2019, 03:15:59 PM »
But he did lose the battle when it was all said and done.  Given that he had no regard for women (or most men, for that matter), the fact that a woman was behind the move that led to his defeat was so damn sweet, especially after all he had put Sansa through. 

The problem with a character like Ramsay is, like Joffrey, he had no redeeming qualities whatsoever.  At least a villain like Cersei had a few redeeming qualities, and there were moments where you could empathize with her, like when her daughter died, or when the High Sparrow had her thrown in her prison (the site of her locked up was great, but the reason was ridiculous), or when Tywin was talking to her like she was a third class citizen.

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #41 on: June 18, 2019, 01:06:33 AM »
At least a villain like Cersei had a few redeeming qualities

Her love for her children, and her cheekbones.

;D
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #42 on: June 18, 2019, 07:50:10 AM »
At least a villain like Cersei had a few redeeming qualities

Her love for her children, and her cheekbones.

;D

That scene is so awesome.

'Arya disappeared."

"Where, in a puff of smoke?" :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol