Author Topic: PATTERN-SEEKING ANIMALS - Boegehold / Keegan / Leonard / Meros  (Read 24763 times)

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
That's awesome.  If you see him again tell him I said hello.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline The Letter M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BaZKT2LmOfM

Ted shared this clip of P-SA playing "Soon But Not Today" from CTTE. Probably one of my favorite songs by the band, this is a great slice of their shows from that cruise week! Really hoping they can tour and produce a full live album release!

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline gzarruk

Ted shared this clip of P-SA playing "Soon But Not Today" from CTTE. Probably one of my favorite songs by the band, this is a great slice of their shows from that cruise week! Really hoping they can tour and produce a full live album release!

-Marc.

Hey Marc, do you know what their second CTTE setlist was? Also hoping for more shows and a live album from this band :tup
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline The Letter M

Re: PATTERN-SEEKING ANIMALS - Boegehold / Keegan / Leonard / Meros NEW BAND
« Reply #178 on: June 23, 2022, 12:44:10 PM »

-Marc.

Hey Marc, do you know what their second CTTE setlist was? Also hoping for more shows and a live album from this band :tup

Couldn't find any posts with the setlist, but setlist.fm shows they at least played "Time Has A Way" and "Elegant Vampires".

As for P-SA, I'll be doing a Survivor for their 3 albums starting next week. Hopefully the dozen or so fans here will participate! I'll have to dive back into their albums in-between listens of the new PT, but it'll be my short Survivor after Dream Theater and before Genesis (first time doing that Survivor in a decade).

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #179 on: June 23, 2022, 12:52:39 PM »
They are playing Progstock as well as Evership.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #180 on: June 26, 2022, 11:15:59 PM »
Starting tomorrow morning, I'll begin the first ever P-SA Survivor here at DTF's Polls & Survivors subforum! I would like to see any and all fans of this band participate, especially since the band only has three albums so far. Each round will run for two days, just so I can make sure everyone sees it! Hope to see most of you voting there!

https://www.dreamtheaterforums.org/boards/index.php?topic=57550.0

-Marc.

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #181 on: June 28, 2022, 06:55:35 PM »
John Boegehold just shared on Facebook that he just finished two days at the Woodcliff Studio with Frank Rosato and Jimmy Keegan. They were recording the drums for P-SA album number 4! They've recorded six songs so far, and "more to go".

If they're doing the drums now, I suspect we will see P-SA 4 sometime early next year!

-Marc.

Offline Mladen

« Reply #182 on: June 29, 2022, 01:25:12 AM »
Now that's just fantastic.

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #183 on: June 29, 2022, 09:18:36 AM »
I think they're trying to catch up to SB's album count :lol
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline RoeDent

• 2006 Time Magazine Person of the Year
« Reply #184 on: June 30, 2022, 01:35:07 AM »
If I remember, the turnaround from album 1 to 2 was less than a year so this is par for the course, it seems.

I must admit the new album hasn't fully clicked with me yet.

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #185 on: July 13, 2022, 09:05:05 AM »
I think they're trying to catch up to SB's album count :lol

:rollin Well if they keep going at nearly one a year they'll catch up by 2034 or so! I just hope they continue to be the same quality without becoming stale or stagnant.

If I remember, the turnaround from album 1 to 2 was less than a year so this is par for the course, it seems.

I must admit the new album hasn't fully clicked with me yet.

Perhaps following along and participating in my P-SA Survivor will help with listening to the nee album? (Shameless plug, I know). The Survivor for Prehensile Tales just started today, and it'll be a short one since it's just 6 songs. But then in 10 days or so, we'll start the Survivor for Only Passing Through.

I'd love to see at least two more voters in the Survivor as right now it's just been me and Mladen!

-Marc.

Online Kwyjibo

• Worse troll than Blabbermouth
« Reply #186 on: July 13, 2022, 10:32:14 AM »
I would like to participate, but I'm on holiday right now and don't have the time to check the survivor regularly or hear the respective records, sorry.
Must've been Kwyji sending all the wrong songs.   ;D

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #187 on: July 28, 2022, 03:19:49 PM »
I've been revisiting Only Passing Through this week as the third round of that album's survivor is currently running.

I've been trying to rate the songs to figure out which ones have stuck out to me since its release, and of course, songs like "Time Has A Way" and "Here With You With Me" have aged well for me. The opener is also pretty good, even if it's their shortest song so far.

The bonus tracks were probably set aside as bonus tracks for reason but I still quite enjoy them. It'll be interesting to see what makes the cut for their show at ProgStock in October!

-Marc.

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #188 on: August 17, 2022, 08:04:25 PM »
https://www.facebook.com/541388944/posts/pfbid0Mna22QknZJuXvFVMfdRX6x9K3bqbbwK7jpo9cAHadZ4v8CwMDtx5gEiW8BnFLrLGl/

John has posted a video of Jimmy in the studio. As of today, the drums are done for P-SA 4!

Edit - Jimmy has also shared a video on his YouTube channel - https://youtu.be/QcMRtZxjIZg

-Marc.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2022, 12:04:18 AM by The Letter M »

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #189 on: November 09, 2022, 09:00:23 PM »
https://youtube.com/channel/UCSt0xHY99r9_jpVjtocJSlQ

The band have created a YouTube channel, and have uploaded some behind-the-scenes videos of the making of P-SA 4, due out next year! Pretty sure these clips were originally posted on Facebook by John, but if you don't have Facebook, now you can see them on YouTube!

-Marc.

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #190 on: March 24, 2023, 04:36:25 PM »
https://www.facebook.com/541388944/posts/pfbid0wCJH4XCjthTepND6r9yAFcAmmkJshpthT3uZetci6mJJSd5qQY5dC5xLoypGnaQ5l/?mibextid=Nif5oz

Yesterday was string day at Woodcliff Studio with Frank Rosato recording with Quartet405, LLC for the fourth Pattern-Seeking Animals album due later this year. Sounded great! Made me want to go back and add strings to some of the already-mixed songs. Eliza James, Danica Pinner, Jennifer Wu, Rebecca Schlappich Charles

Confirmation that P-SA 4 will be due out later this year!

-Marc.

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #191 on: July 09, 2023, 11:01:20 PM »
https://www.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid0wzSpPSXvt73fVUYJKifkM7dSMMEExnYKZMPiSWEKRVK5ZnuE589NpLUw2iyNcYwcl&id=100000224097006&post_id=100000224097006_pfbid0wzSpPSXvt73fVUYJKifkM7dSMMEExnYKZMPiSWEKRVK5ZnuE589NpLUw2iyNcYwcl&mibextid=DcJ9fc

In a reply to this thread on Facebook, Jimmy Keegan let slip that P-SA4 will be coming out in October, so I suspect we will get more info in it within a month as the publicity cycle for it begins.

-Marc.

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #192 on: July 10, 2023, 11:30:13 AM »
Would love to see them get some live shows going.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #193 on: July 10, 2023, 05:31:03 PM »

https://www.setlist.fm/setlists/pattern-seeking-animals-73f7f655.html

They've done a few shows, but I agree, it'd be great if they could tour once their fourth album drops, but I doubt it'll happen. I was hoping one of their live shows from last year would get released as a live album, but I guess not.

Maybe if they do manage a small tour, they'll put a live album out.

-Marc.

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #194 on: July 10, 2023, 05:44:22 PM »

They've done a few shows, but I agree, it'd be great if they could tour once their fourth album drops, but I doubt it'll happen. I was hoping one of their live shows from last year would get released as a live album, but I guess not.

-Marc.

Yeah, I saw them on Cruise to the Edge and I've been hoping for a full tour since.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #195 on: July 11, 2023, 02:14:10 PM »

-Marc.

Not-very-fun fact: I'm certainly one of the few, and possibly one of the only fans to be at all four PSA shows thus far. :D

That said, knowing the opinions of several guys in the band, and the feasibility of touring, I can say with 99.9% certainty that you won't see any attempt at touring. Likely will continue to be a festival band in the live arena.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline RoeDent

« Reply #196 on: July 13, 2023, 01:01:00 AM »
Their leader has always been a bit of a behind-the-scenes guy, really. PSA is the most "front and centre" he's been and even then keyboards are usually near the back or the side of the stage.

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #197 on: July 13, 2023, 06:42:53 AM »
Their leader has always been a bit of a behind-the-scenes guy, really. PSA is the most "front and centre" he's been and even then keyboards are usually near the back or the side of the stage.

You mean John Bogehold? IIRC, he didn't even play with them live, so he's definitely behind-the-scenes. I heard the two supplemental players they got for their live shows were pretty good though.

-Marc.

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #198 on: July 13, 2023, 09:43:28 AM »

You mean John Bogehold? IIRC, he didn't even play with them live, so he's definitely behind-the-scenes. I heard the two supplemental players they got for their live shows were pretty good though.

-Marc.

Yeah, John doesn't play live.

Dennis, who does have an account here, and Walter have done an incredible job in the live shows. Especially considering they are just playing random 1-2 hour prog shows every now and again.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #199 on: July 13, 2023, 09:46:01 AM »
Dennis's Facebook page is awesome. He does requests and he'll play and sing the song live. He's in a few tribute bands. Styx tribute being his #1 band.

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #200 on: July 21, 2023, 02:11:58 PM »
According to a reply by John Boegehold in the P-SA Forum on Facebook:

We're finishing up album artwork now. First single (of four) & video (of four) in August, album release in October. Official announcement in a few weeks.

Jimmy also replied saying that there are no shows on the books but they would like to do some.

Ted has also replied that the album is mixed and mastered, and that the release date is dictated by their label (I assume Inside Out as the first three were). "Great sounding album! I think you'll dig it!"

Can't wait to see what they've got cooked up for their fourth album!

-Marc.

Offline RoeDent

« Reply #201 on: August 04, 2023, 03:37:03 AM »
*...of four...*

InsideOut, you do you...

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #202 on: August 04, 2023, 02:22:18 PM »
*...of four...*

InsideOut, you do you...

Yeaaaaah, I noticed that too. Hopefully the album has 8 or more tracks so we aren't hearing more than half of the album before release, though I suspect the fourth single will drop on or after release date and two or three of them will be pre-release. Either way, if they filmed videos for them, at least it'll be good promotion for the band, especially on their FOURTH album with no tour or live album  yet.

I'm hoping we get a press release in the next week or two since it's aimed for an October release.

-Marc.

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #203 on: August 23, 2023, 02:21:02 PM »
https://fb.watch/mC8PPwAzzk/

According to John:

This is for the first single. Video, track list, album cover and pre-order info also on Friday.

Two more days and we'll get info on the new album!

-Marc.

Offline RoeDent

« Reply #204 on: August 25, 2023, 03:45:31 AM »
New single Window to the World

That link has the album art, which has the title: Spooky Action at a Distance

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #205 on: August 25, 2023, 06:46:12 AM »
New single Window to the World

That link has the album art, which has the title: Spooky Action at a Distance

Very fun, short single! Don't care for the AI video, but the song was good. Here's the 2CD track listing:

CD1   
1  The Man Made of Stone 7:01
2  Window to the World 3:58
3  What Waitz Me 5:22
4  He Once Was 12:17
5  Underneath the Orphan Moon 3:53
6  Clouds That Never Rain 5:17
7  Bulletproof 4:17
8  Somewhere North of Nowhere 6:46
9  Summoned from Afar 7:33
10  Love Is Still the Light 4:42

CD2   
11  There Goes My Baby 3:50
12  Orphans of the Universe  Live at ProgStock 2022 10:39
13  Elegant Vampires  Live at ProgStock 2022 4:27
14  Time Has a Way  Live at ProgStock 2022 13:13

Looks like 1 bonus studio track and 3 bonus live tracks from a show last year!

-Marc.

Offline Mladen

« Reply #206 on: August 25, 2023, 07:53:10 AM »
That was a neat song. The album might be a bit of an overload at an hour length, but I'm still really looking forward to it.  :tup

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #207 on: August 25, 2023, 08:13:34 AM »
After one listen, the single doesn't really grab me.  Seems a little disjointed, which I normally don't mind very much, but for some reason it didn't work for me.

I'll give it another listen later on.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #208 on: August 25, 2023, 08:29:23 AM »
That was a neat song. The album might be a bit of an overload at an hour length, but I'm still really looking forward to it.  :tup

Their previous albums were a bit under an hour so I'm not too worried about it being too long at 61:06 (or 64:56 with the bonus track). The s/t debut is 58:13, PT is 55:26, and OPT is 59:29 with two bonus tracks.

I do wonder if "Bulletproof" is an alternate version of the Spock's Beard song from Noose Floor, which was also written by Boegehold.

Edit - John did just confirm that "Bulletproof" on SAAAD is a reworking of the previously SB-recorded song.

-Marc.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2023, 08:17:50 PM by The Letter M »

Offline Mladen

« Reply #209 on: August 26, 2023, 07:18:29 AM »
I don't even remember Bulletproof from Noise floor. It must have been a bonus track.