Author Topic: PATTERN-SEEKING ANIMALS - Boegehold / Keegan / Leonard / Meros  (Read 24047 times)

Offline The Letter M

Re: PATTERN-SEEKING ANIMALS - Boegehold / Keegan / Leonard / Meros
« Reply #245 on: December 22, 2023, 10:58:11 AM »
Okay, I didn't know that. I always assumed, if there is a two disc version with demos on the second disc, then there is a standard one disc version also.

In the case of Noise Floor, though, those bonus tracks weren't demos - they were fully produced and recorded, just not deemed worthy enough to be part of the "main album". The Japanese release of NF, however, did include some demos of album tracks, plus one additional exclusive track "Save Our Souls".

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline HOF

« Reply #246 on: December 22, 2023, 11:37:49 AM »
Bulletproof was one of my favorite tracks from Noise Floor. Kind of feels like there was some tension with the guys and Bogehold over that one. It’s a great song though.

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #247 on: December 22, 2023, 12:25:12 PM »
Fun fact - "Bulletproof" isn't the first song P-SA has released that was originally on a Spock's Beard album. The song "No One Ever Died And Made Me King" (from the first P-SA album) first appeared on the Japanese release of BNADS.

https://www.discogs.com/release/8217560-Spocks-Beard-Brief-Nocturnes-And-Dreamless-Sleep

I only just found this out and realized I never got the Japanese edition of this album. I wonder the SB version sounds compared to the P-SA one.

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline The Great Zo

« Reply #248 on: December 23, 2023, 09:07:42 AM »
The song "No One Ever Died And Made Me King" (from the first P-SA album) first appeared on the Japanese release of BNADS.

I think John Boegehold had once posted the SB version (or at least a demo of it) on YouTube (@brainforest), but it's been removed. Don't know if the whole band played on it or not, but Ted was on vocals.

This is the first I've ever heard of "Save our Souls" -- would love to hear it, but the Japanese bonus tracks rarely find their way to the internet.

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #249 on: February 01, 2024, 02:28:18 PM »
We were back at Woodcliff Studio yesterday (seems like we never left) recording drums for three new songs for P-SA5.

https://www.facebook.com/541388944/posts/pfbid02rCiUn8rJG9KBRk1q5d1TduwWVgch6aCNwHNQCaarzDFJbDBcuMHwocCeSjcLh52Kl/?mibextid=Nif5oz

Looks like John and the boys are back at work for P-SA's fifth studio album!

-Marc.

In another update posted by John yesterday, Jimmy was back in the studio recording drums for two new songs, which, if they aren't any of the same ones they worked on in December, brings the running total of new songs for P-SA 5 to five songs so far.

John replied to my comment asking if it'd be a late 2024 release, and he said if not then, probably early 2025, which would mean 2024 would be another gap-year with no new studio album, but still, releasing a fifth album in early 2025 would mean five studio albums in less than 5.5 years (as their debut came out in July 2019). Pretty impressive, especially since, IMO, their body of work has stayed fairly consistent thus far, if a bit homogenous, but that could just be John's writing style and the band's playing in a broad sense.

-Marc.

Offline RoeDent

• 2006 Time Magazine Person of the Year
« Reply #250 on: February 13, 2024, 09:57:10 AM »
It's beginning to get stale now. The last two albums are nowhere near as inspired as the first two and the fact they're already working on the next one doesn't fill me with confidence that they'll inject anything really fresh and exciting. It's kinda how Spock's Beard went after Brief Nocturnes.

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #251 on: April 11, 2024, 04:09:06 PM »
https://www.facebook.com/share/8FFhCQbRDWqwmD3s/?mibextid=oFDknk

Jimmy has posted that the drums are done for P-SA 5! I suspect a fall release, depending on how fast the others get their tracks done.

-Marc.

Offline Mladen

« Reply #252 on: April 12, 2024, 02:30:40 AM »
I'm currently revisiting Spooky action at a distance. I like it better compared to when it came out, but still, I enjoyed the first three albums more. Something tells me the band had already peaked with Prehensile tales.