Something Very Strange 1 (16.7%)

1. Something Very Strange
2. Submerged
3. Afterthoughts
4. Waiting For Me
5. Hiding Out
6. A Treasure Abandoned
7. I Know Your Secret

My my, how far "Submerged" has come. In the 2013 Survivor, its first year, "Submerged" was the first song out! In 2016, though, it jumped up to 2nd place, so it seems it's retaining it's popularity among the fans here! Likewise, "Something Very Strange" placed first in 2016 so it returns to its position, though it was 3rd in 2013. Honestly, this is such a good album over-all, I'd be happy with almost any ranking. It'll be interesting to see if the Top 2 retain their title in the next 3 years (when I inevitably do the 2022 SB Survivor  :rollin )

-Marc.

The Letter M:
The Oblivion Particle's Final Round's Results:
A Better Way To Fly 2 (50%)
Disappear 2 (50%)

1. A Better Way To Fly
    Disappear
3. Tides Of Time
4. Hell's Not Enough
5. To Be Free Again
6. The Center Line
7. Get Out While You Can
8. Bennett Built A Time Machine
9. Minion

With only four votes, the final round results in... a tie! Both were moving on to the Finals anyway, so no need for a tie-breaker here!

Up next, the last couple rounds of Noise Floor, and figuring out what to do with the B-Sides/Bonus Tracks/Non-Album Tracks.

-Marc.

The Letter M:
Noise Floor's Final Round's Results:
So This Is Life 3 (50%)
One So Wise 3 (50%)

1. Somebody's Home
    One So Wise
3. Somebody's Home
4. To Breathe Another Day
5. What Becomes Of Me
6. Beginnings
7. Box Of Spiders
8. Have We All Gone Crazy Yet

With our six votes, we landed on a tie for the top two, which is fine because both will move on to the Finals anyway! With all of the studio albums wrapped up, we move on through Consolation Rounds (12 of them), then the Finals, which will take a couple of months, unless I switch to one-day rounds.

-Marc.

The Letter M:
The Finals' Final Round's Results:
The Light 3 (30%)
The Doorway 7 (70%)

01. The Light
02. The Doorway
03. The Water
04. Flow
05. At The End Of The Day
06. Walking On The Wind
07. Harm's Way
08. Go The Way You Go
09. Something Very Strange
10. Jaws Of Heaven
11. A Flash Before My Eyes
12. On A Perfect Day
13. The Healing Colors Of Sound
14. The Great Nothing
      From The Darkness
16. Edge Of The In-Between
17. A Better Way To Fly
18. There Was A Time
19. Made Alive / Overture
20. Stranger In A Strange Land
21. Day For Night
22. Submerged
      Disappear
24. Solitary Soul
25. A Guy Named Sid
26. With Your Kiss
27. I'm Dying
28. Ghosts Of Autumn
29. So This Is Life
30. One So Wise

After seven long months, we've reached the END of the 2019 Spock's Beard Survivor! "The Light" takes first place, which it previously held in 2016 (but was second in 2013), while "The Doorway" ends up taking the Silver Medal (though in 2013, it placed first and then third in 2016).

What a wild ride this has been, and it's been fun getting back into doing a Survivor again, after not having done one in a few years. I hope everyone who participated had a good time voting and discussing, and I hope the Survivor helped you revisit some of the great songs of the mighty Beard! If we're all still around in 2022, I'd love to do this again, and hopefully by then, the band will have another album out!

As for what's next, I've thought about doing my 4th Neal Morse Survivor, covering his solo prog albums starting with Testimony, leading up through the Neal Morse Band albums. The last time I did one in 2015, he had just released The Grand Experiment with the NMB, so we'd have two massive double albums to get through and add to the Finals! If you guys are interested in a Neal Morse Survivor, let me know! I'll have to wait until next month to start it up, but it'd be a lot of fun to do as I haven't listened to those albums in quite some time.

Thanks again to everyone who took part! I hope you all enjoyed this as much as I did. One more SB Survivor in the books!

-Marc.

The Letter M:
Before I commit to a Neal Morse Survivor, however, I *just* had the idea of doing a Flying Colors Survivor!

When the first album came out, I did a single-album Survivor for it, and not long after Second Nature was released, I did one for those two albums. Now that Third Degree has been out for nearly a month or so, it's about time I do another FC Survivor! I'll probably start it up in early November, and that would run through the rest of the year, giving me time until January to get ready for a 2020 Neal Morse Survivor.

Yeah, I think that's what I'll do next - Flying Colors Survivor from November through December/Early January, and then Neal Morse Survivor (Prog Albums Testimony-The Great Adventure) in early 2020 (probably running through the first half of the year). After that, it might be time to do a Transatlantic Survivor!

-Marc.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version