Author Topic: What is the deal with Amazon nowadays  (Read 770 times)

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
What is the deal with Amazon nowadays
« on: April 04, 2019, 10:24:31 AM »
I noticed this trend awhile ago, and it seems to be increasing.  It seems like more often than not, when I go to look up a CD, there is no track listing.  What is up with that?  In some cases, I don't know what tracks are on there or even how many (e.g., I clicked on a link for the new Motley Crue soundtrack for The Dirt, not because I was probably going to buy it, but because it showed up in my "recommended" area and I was curious what songs were on it).  In other cases, there are different editions of an album that may have different tracks and I need to know which is which before I buy.  Why are they increasingly failing to supply this info?  It is really irritating.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline DTA

Re: What is the deal with Amazon nowadays
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2019, 10:53:39 AM »
I sometimes have to switch between formats before a tracklist appears. I only buy mp3 versions and will have to switch to 'Audio CD' and back to mp3 in order to see tracklists at times. No idea why this happens

Offline goo-goo

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2019, 11:01:19 AM »
Yep. No label info, no barcode, nothing. It's getting harder and harder to buy music in Amazon.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2019, 11:33:30 AM »
I rarely buy from them anymore, but I find it annoying that when an album gets a new release, like a 5.1 and/or remastered version, it is hard to tell if you the correct page for it, especially since they put all of the reviews from the prior releases under that one as well more often than not.  That is obnoxious.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2019, 12:23:40 PM »
I've only really experienced this with presales, not for albums that are already released. But as someone else suggested, I'd change the format and see what happens.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2019, 12:27:02 PM »
But if I change the format, I am no longer looking at the product I am actually considering buying.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2019, 12:28:28 PM »
But if I change the format, I am no longer looking at the product I am actually considering buying.

Yes and no, like yea you actually are but the underlining product is the same if you can change the format on the same product. Like changing the colors of shoes on Amazon. At least that's my interpretation.

Offline ytserush

• Like clockwork...
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2019, 10:46:38 AM »
I'd settle for delivering the last two CDs less than six weeks after the release date. After my UK Live finally gets here I'm done with them.