Author Topic: Spider-Man: Across The Spider-Verse - Now On Digital! SPOILERS WITHIN!  (Read 3769 times)

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
Re: Spider-Man: Across The Spider-Verse - OUT NOW! SPOILER TALK WITHIN!
« Reply #35 on: June 05, 2023, 10:37:08 AM »
OK.. Yeah, the callbacks were amazing, the story was amazing, shut, the score was amazing.

But that animation.... How each character had their own style, and how the background animation so seamlessly blended to match their style and mood, such an achievement. Just that opening scene with Gwen and her dad... Talk about ripping hearts apart, and the animation played so much into that, the smooth textile pattern in the back.

And punk Spiderman.. Holy shit what an insane creation that was, and how whenever the story focused on him, the background devolved into his chaos.

I have to see this again on the big screen, just have to. But yeah, absolutely smoked anything the MCU has done in ages, maybe ever.

Even Dune II is going to have to be perfect to prevent this from being the film of the year.

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #36 on: June 05, 2023, 11:33:31 AM »
OK.. Yeah, the callbacks were amazing, the story was amazing, shut, the score was amazing.

But that animation.... How each character had their own style, and how the background animation so seamlessly blended to match their style and mood, such an achievement. Just that opening scene with Gwen and her dad... Talk about ripping hearts apart, and the animation played so much into that, the smooth textile pattern in the back.

I had heard, prior to release, that this film would have different art styles for each universe and maybe even every individual Spider-Person on screen, but I had no idea it would go to the lengths it did in the final film. I've heard people say that you could take any single frame of this film and make it a poster/painting and it would look amazing, and I'd believe it. Truly good animation is when every frame is a masterpiece, and this film (and its predecessor) are true examples of that. Also, apparently, Gwen's arc with her dad comes right from the comics, which is really cool! I like that they're playing into the comic book canon here!

And punk Spiderman.. Holy shit what an insane creation that was, and how whenever the story focused on him, the background devolved into his chaos.

Spider-Punk/Hobie is a stand-out, and Daniel Kaluuya knocked it out of the park. I love how you see him grabbing random tech from Miguel's HQ, which is how he cobbled together his own multiverse-watch, and I love that between this film, Avengers: Endgame, and Deadpool 2, these interdimensional/multiversal traveling devices are represented as watches (which is a bit more practical than the TVA's little tablets, which can be dropped and lost so easily - thanks Sylvie). But yes, Hobie is a scene-stealer and I can't wait to see more of his chaotic rocking in the next one!

I have to see this again on the big screen, just have to. But yeah, absolutely smoked anything the MCU has done in ages, maybe ever.

Even Dune II is going to have to be perfect to prevent this from being the film of the year.

Oh it is definitely film of the year for me, and I can't see anything else topping it for me. I may go see it again today or tomorrow in theaters! There's SO MANY Easter Eggs and Spider-People to spot (pun intended) that I'm sure fans will be freeze-framing this one for years to catch them all! I cannot wait for the Blu-ray to come out, which will probably be late August/early September, which already feels like it's too far from now, but I guess I can wait.

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #37 on: June 10, 2023, 07:47:53 PM »
Just. Caught thie movie, liked it a lot, but the cliff hanger didn't work for me.
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #38 on: June 18, 2023, 11:55:32 PM »
I thought the first film was okay.  It had two big personal hurdles for me that are hard to overcome.  First, I don't like when they change up/do different versions of characters.  Second, and even bigger for me, the multiverse idea is just dumb to me and I generally HATE stories that go in that direction.  So I viscerally disliked some things about the first film that kept me from loving it.  After seeing it a few more times over the years, I softened on those two things as I focused more on many of the things that that film did really well, and I came to like and appreciate it more.

Still wasn't overly excited for this one going in.  But as I sat there are watched it, it drew me in from the getgo and shattered every expectation I had.  Truly excellent movie on many levels.  I loved just about everything about it.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline DoctorAction

• Everyday Glory
« Reply #39 on: June 20, 2023, 03:57:09 PM »
Saw this tonight. Outstanding.... I didn't see the first one at the cinema but wish I had. The visual language and execution might be the best - I don't know what to call it - "moving picture artistry" ever. And that big screen experience with it was brilliant entertainment.

Can't wait to see the next one!
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #40 on: June 20, 2023, 03:59:48 PM »
Saw this tonight. Outstanding.... I didn't see the first one at the cinema but wish I had. The visual language and execution might be the best - I don't know what to call it - "moving picture artistry" ever. And that big screen experience with it was brilliant entertainment.

Can't wait to see the next one!

I get what your saying, and totally agree. They definitely shattered the ceiling on this one.

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #41 on: June 23, 2023, 09:03:38 AM »
Spider-Man Across The Spider Verse editor confirms there are multiple versions of the film currently in theaters

“I was wondering when people might start noticing”

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #42 on: June 23, 2023, 09:25:57 AM »
Spider-Man Across The Spider Verse editor confirms there are multiple versions of the film currently in theaters

“I was wondering when people might start noticing”

Maybe there's one with better audio mixing.  :lol

EDIT - https://www.ign.com/articles/spider-man-across-the-spider-verse-two-different-versions-in-theaters

For those who want to see what they changed between at least two of the versions.

Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse editor Andrew Leviton has confirmed there are at least two different versions of the film playing in theaters.

Twitter user @balisonqs shared a side-by-side of a scene featuring Miguel O'Hara, AKA Spider-Man 2099, and his holographic companion Lyla, highlighting a minor difference in the two clips: one shows Lyla pointing at Miguel and the other ends with Lyla taking a selfie.

The eagle-eyed Spider-Verse fan noted they watched the scene with the selfie during the film's opening week, but the selfie shot was no longer there when they watched the movie "the week after", around the same time Sony Pictures swapped out the prints to fix sound issues.

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline The Letter M

Re: Spider-Man: Across The Spider-Verse - Now On Digital! SPOILERS WITHIN!
« Reply #43 on: August 08, 2023, 06:07:33 AM »
ATSV is now available on digital with a physical release in a month.

And if it wasn't mentioned before, Sony has indefinitely delayed the release of Beyond The Spider-Verse due to the WGA/SAG strikes currently happening, which is probably for the best given how tight the schedule was to get ATSV finished before its release date.

-Marc.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #44 on: October 21, 2023, 06:34:02 PM »
Rented it and gave it a re-watch. Easily the best picture of the year, and a strong contender for my all time top 5. It's amazing how deeply it draws me into the story and doesn't let go. Just perfect.

Online faizoff

« Reply #45 on: October 21, 2023, 09:47:46 PM »
Wife gave me this movie as a gift, I've seen it at least 10 times already, still kicking myself for not seeing both movies in the theater. Probably one of the best spider-man movies ever.

"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #46 on: November 02, 2023, 04:33:39 PM »
It's on Netflix, time to meticulously dissect it.