Author Topic: Anyone do VIP this tour yet?  (Read 985 times)

Offline Air Weaver

Anyone do VIP this tour yet?
« on: April 02, 2019, 12:31:46 PM »
We have VIP tix for the Beacon in NYC next Friday - so excited! Taking my kids to their 3rd DT show! My daughter has been on stage with them before (end of the show at Wilkes-Barre Astonishing - we were cosplaying) - SFAM is her favorite album, so we are doing the full VIP this time and costumes again. (Think 1928)

Anyway, I got my tickets in the mail, but no word on the VIP details yet. I know that varies from venue to venue.

What typically does not vary is the swag - are we just looking at a poster of the new album cover or anything SFAM related? I have the new album deluxe box set, so I have plenty of skull related imagery for getting signed. Hoping a Scenes anniversary item may be in the mix.

Online geeeemo

Re: Anyone do VIP this tour yet?
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2019, 01:52:05 PM »
Did it in LA. They emailed me a few days before with instructions and time.
The swag was a drum skin with the room 137 pic from the video in it. Cool. A poster. It got pretty beat up. A d/t pin. I had the art book which I got signed as well as the drum skin. It comes in a rope backpack thing. It is made out of that cheap paperish material.

Offline Air Weaver

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2019, 02:13:52 PM »
Did it in LA. They emailed me a few days before with instructions and time.
The swag was a drum skin with the room 137 pic from the video in it. Cool. A poster. It got pretty beat up. A d/t pin. I had the art book which I got signed as well as the drum skin. It comes in a rope backpack thing. It is made out of that cheap paperish material.

The bags are standard junk bags just to collect your stuff at events like this, no biggie.

Drum skin with image sounds cool!

As to the poster - what is on it? (I always bring a poster roller tube with me to any signings to bring stuff in and out safely.)

Online geeeemo

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2019, 02:22:28 PM »
ugh, I don’t remember and I am out of town.  The new pic on one side is of them in that black tubing thing that the recent promo shots were done at. The other side was white I think with maybe the skull something on it....sorry

Offline Air Weaver

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2019, 04:08:09 PM »
ugh, I don’t remember and I am out of town.  The new pic on one side is of them in that black tubing thing that the recent promo shots were done at. The other side was white I think with maybe the skull something on it....sorry

that's helpful - my main thing is, I want to get something SFAM related for my daughter to get signed. So if there isn't anything from the VIP swag that would be in that vein, I'll bring something.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2019, 04:18:36 PM »
They do have SFAM anniversary shirts at the merch booth.  I didn't look too hard at what they had, so there may have been other SFAM-related stuff as well.  But I know for sure they had the shirts.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."