Author Topic: DT songs that sound like other DT songs  (Read 1505 times)

Offline npiazza91

DT songs that sound like other DT songs
« on: March 29, 2019, 04:30:59 PM »
Listening to DoT again today something hit me about the intro to Untethered Angel.  It keeps reminding me of TMoLS.  The entire time during the intro I want to say "The other side..." or "The water's edge..."

What songs or parts of certain songs sound like songs or parts of other songs that they wrote?

Offline pg1067

Re: DT songs that sound like other DT songs
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2019, 06:22:20 PM »
The Shattered Fortress reminds me of something...having a hard time placing it...

;D
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline Dave_Manchester

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2019, 06:30:36 PM »
Main riff of A Rite of Passage is basically the riff in Misunderstood that begins about 4:07 (it doesn't matter to me, it's such a brilliant riff it warranted recycling).

Offline Rattlehead

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2019, 06:35:54 PM »
Main riff of A Rite of Passage is basically the riff in Misunderstood that begins about 4:07 (it doesn't matter to me, it's such a brilliant riff it warranted recycling).

That's a really good observation, I never noticed that. I just listened to it and I totally agree.

Offline Ninjabait

• XBOX is a God to Me
  • PR permission
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2019, 06:38:39 PM »
The beginning of the instrumental section of Moment of Betrayal and one of the main riffs of The Great Debate sound really similar. The acoustic guitar intros for Endless Sacrifice and In the Name of God kind of blur together for me.

Online Architeuthis

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2019, 07:00:28 PM »
Untethered Angel and On the Backs of Angels..  And not because both song titles have Angel in them. They have a similar vibe..
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Offline TheGreatPretender

• The Second Dancing Turtle
  • You are reading these words.
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2019, 09:10:36 PM »
Untethered Angel and On the Backs of Angels..  And not because both song titles have Angel in them. They have a similar vibe..

Both start with a very similar acoustic guitar intro, before getting heavier. I noticed that much of a similarity at least.
"How's that for a slice of fried gold?"

Offline fischermasamune

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2019, 07:35:45 PM »
At Wit's End reminds me of Voices, and to a lesser degree, of Scarred.

Offline V_R11

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2019, 05:13:39 AM »
Intros of OTBOA and Heaven's Cove
Seasons change and so can I

Offline DTA

« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2019, 07:00:32 AM »
The riff at 4:41 in Sacrificed Sons reminds me of the riff around 11:20 in In The Presence Of Enemies Pt. 2. Not identical, but the drum phrasing is similar and the riff has the same "back-and-forth" style. They used this type of riff a bit on SC and I can't stand it.

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2019, 05:07:10 PM »
Inb4 ADToE/IaW debate starts again.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2019, 06:33:57 PM »
I think those are a given.

Offline jayvee3

« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2019, 05:51:47 AM »
The guitar riffs on “Barstool Warrior “ are very similar to the solis in “the Best of Times”...

Offline ytserush

• Like clockwork...
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2019, 09:51:03 AM »

That was the first thing I noticed. Those are far from favorites too, possibly for the same reasons.