Author Topic: Distance over Time  (Read 870 times)

Offline MichaelMadaris

Distance over Time
« on: March 28, 2019, 10:30:11 AM »
I'm a ballistic technician at Federal Cartridge.  Distance over Time (Distance divided by time) is how we calculate "Velocity".  Is that the underlying meaning?
I've been a huge fan ever since I discovered Dream Theater.  My wife typically listens to teenage "pop" music (if you can call it music).  I almost have her converted to the real thing.  Looking to see the band for the first time at the Ordway in St. Paul, MN tonight.  It's going to be awesome!!!!!!!!!

Offline Samsara

• Queensr˙che Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Memory flows...like a river.
Re: Distance over Time
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2019, 10:31:44 AM »
Welcome! Enjoy the show tonight!
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - At the printer! Out in May 2024!

Pre-order now at www.roadstomadness.com!

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2019, 10:46:51 AM »
Excellent!   My wife love heavier music than I!
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2019, 11:27:22 AM »
Welcome to DT forums!  To answer your question, yes. They were originally going to name the album Velocity, but they thought Distance Over Time had a nicer ring to it for a Dream Theater album.
Hope you have a great time at the concert!  :metal
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Online geeeemo

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2019, 11:59:46 AM »
OOh!  Have fun!! Saw last week in LA!  It was Loud!!!