Author Topic: 4/29/19 Dallas, TX - The Bomb Factory  (Read 2547 times)

Offline RipRokken

4/29/19 Dallas, TX - The Bomb Factory
« on: March 27, 2019, 07:50:48 PM »
Hi!

Anyone planning to go to this show? Long time DT fan here, but I’ve never seen them live before and this will be my first show. Decided to do it right with a front row ticket (just slightly left of center) and Platinum VIP. If there are any fan meet-ups before the show, would love to hang out if the opportunity came up.

I also keep hearing (from multiple sources) that they play at deafening volumes, the likes of which human ears are not designed to withstand, lol. Let me know if I’d be advised to bring some earplugs just in case.  ;D
« Last Edit: March 27, 2019, 08:15:37 PM by RipRokken »

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: 4/29/19 Dallas, TX - The Bomb Factory
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2019, 12:41:52 PM »
Dude you maybe sitting a few seats away from me, I'm also front and left of center (JR's side of stage)

I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline RipRokken

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2019, 07:23:13 PM »
Rock on! I’m in Sec A, Row 1, Seat 26. We’ll definitely have to represent!

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2019, 06:41:09 AM »
Hell yeah, I'm seat 38. See you there!
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline RipRokken

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2019, 08:55:06 AM »
Seat noted, and I’ll be sure to say hello, if we don’t run into each other earlier. Looking forward to it!

Offline RipRokken

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2019, 04:20:54 PM »
Hell yeah, I'm seat 38. See you there!

It’s getting close :) I’m in next level excitement stage that tends to hit 1 week out from a great show. Will have to concentrate harder to get anything productive done in my day to day world until then, lol.

Offline DTinTX

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2019, 07:57:28 PM »
Hey guys!  I'm seat 31 and I've also got seat 30 that I need to sell.  I'm not looking to make money, just sell.  I paid $170 so if you know someone that may want to buy it let me know.  Thanks!

Offline RipRokken

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2019, 08:27:37 AM »
Hey guys!  I'm seat 31 and I've also got seat 30 that I need to sell.  I'm not looking to make money, just sell.  I paid $170 so if you know someone that may want to buy it let me know.  Thanks!

Front row? Those are just a few seats from me. I’d snag them in a heartbeat if I hadn’t already purchased. Good luck! :)

Offline DTinTX

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2019, 08:52:31 AM »
Cool I'll look you guys up when I get there.  The guy I bought the ticket for is flaking out on me...  I'm sure I can unload it somewhere.

Offline RipRokken

« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2019, 04:43:53 PM »
Oh, I misread at first — you are still going, but just have an extra ticket. That’s a pretty good deal for front row. Hopefully you’ll move it quickly :)

Offline RipRokken

« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2019, 05:39:17 PM »
First DT show and meet and greet. The M&G went amazingly quickly, lol! I was 4th in line, and the time to get pictures and signatures was 20 minutes. But it was fun! I had a small gift for JP and he seemed to dig it. :)

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2019, 07:59:10 PM »
A drunk lady in your seat just yelled at me hehe

Offline RipRokken

« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2019, 12:07:37 AM »
A drunk lady in your seat just yelled at me hehe

LOL! Man, what a great show, and it was awesome meeting you and DTinTX. Had a total blast and the band really knocked it out of the park tonight. Can’t believe they can sustain so many dates in a row and still sound this good. Wasn’t this the 3rd night in a row?

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2019, 07:12:43 AM »
Same here dude!
DT had the 27th off but this was the first night of what would be 3 consecutive TX night. Houston today and Austin tomorrow, I'll be there too :)

Offline skildude

« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2019, 06:49:23 PM »
I was front row center for this concert. Freaking awesome.  FYI I was the freaking giant in front of James Labrie.  Loved the show.  Best part for me was John Petrucci tossing me a pick and telling me he loved my shirt.  . Gotta love the fact that this band is looking at their fans.

BTW not the first time Petrucci noticed me at a concert. about 4 years ago, I had worn My Detroit Redwings jersey to the show.  This was deep into the Baseball season and Texas was doing.  He said, " Man I thought it was baseball season."

So my advice is if you want to be noticed by a DT and dont have DD's.  Its best to stand out.  well more that being the tallest guy there.

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2019, 07:28:39 PM »
Haha yeah you had the most memorable shirt I saw last night, very cool!

Offline RipRokken

« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2019, 10:13:35 PM »
I was front row center for this concert. Freaking awesome.  FYI I was the freaking giant in front of James Labrie.

Great to meet you last night! What a blast! I got lucky and got a JP pick too. I was impressed by how well behaved the front row folks were, and that area was extremely well controlled against people who tried to sneak up there. I believe I only saw one dude try and they made him return to his seat instantly. We were right at the stage, and when JLB would step right to the edge, we’d back up to give him some room, lol. Either that or be staring straight up his nostrils, lol. Killer show, and one hell of a good time.