Author Topic: Everest  (Read 12464 times)

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Re: Everest
« Reply #140 on: November 05, 2021, 09:11:18 AM »
I once had a salesman in my house a few years ago. We had introductions and he did his thing. He had some paper work to fill out and then he asks me….

How do you spell your name again?

WTF??

My name is fucking Tim.

The guy was an ass, clearly didn’t remember my name.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #141 on: November 05, 2021, 09:12:39 AM »
For the record Chadford, I didn't say that to be a hero, because I'm not,

Never thought you were.  And the "ford" is a new one on me (I dig it... just the right amount of pomposity and pretentiousness!).  I had a boss when I was a teenager call me Chadbert, and I didn't mind it.  Chadwick, I loathe.

Non-issue. It honestly wouldn't have even registered with me. Like I said, it's the
[/quote]

I figured as much, but didn't want it to left unsaid written

Boy are we WAY off topic!   :lol
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #142 on: November 05, 2021, 09:15:36 AM »

Never thought you were.  And the "ford" is a new one on me (I dig it... just the right amount of pomposity and pretentiousness!).  I had a boss when I was a teenager call me Chadbert, and I didn't mind it.  Chadwick, I loathe.
I always called the brother of an old girlfriend Chadly, mostly because it hacked him off. To this day it's a battle to keep from calling Chads Chadly. I was fully expecting to have to apologize to you at some point.  :lol
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #143 on: November 05, 2021, 09:33:15 AM »

I always called the brother of an old girlfriend Chadly, mostly because it hacked him off. To this day it's a battle to keep from calling Chads Chadly. I was fully expecting to have to apologize to you at some point.  :lol

I'm too old to care or be stuffed about any variation of my name.  I've had many a "Chadly" thrown at me.  I get stuffed when people (over email) call me Brad.  Like, WTF?
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #144 on: November 05, 2021, 09:36:41 AM »
Did she bring a cat to the interview? And who writes their name on a resume with their first initial?

No, no, I mistyped that.  I got her EMAIL - to schedule the interview - and it was "C".  I got the RESUME and found it was "Caryn".  Sorry about that.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #145 on: November 05, 2021, 09:37:47 AM »

I'm too old to care or be stuffed about any variation of my name.  I've had many a "Chadly" thrown at me.  I get stuffed when people (over email) call me Brad.  Like, WTF?

You kind of are a "Brad" though.   :) :) :)

Is "Chad" your given name?

Offline v_clortho

• Keymaster of Gozer
  • King of DTF
« Reply #146 on: November 05, 2021, 09:38:23 AM »
I once had a salesman in my house a few years ago. We had introductions and he did his thing. He had some paper work to fill out and then he asks me….

WTF??

My name is fucking Tim.

That's when you tell him, "Just like it sounds."

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #147 on: November 05, 2021, 09:42:07 AM »

WTF??

My name is fucking Tim.

That's when you tell him, "Just like it sounds."
R A Y M O N D   L U X U R Y   Y A C H T
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #148 on: November 05, 2021, 10:32:22 AM »

Indeed it is.  Nothing more, nothing less.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #149 on: November 05, 2021, 11:29:36 AM »

You'll forever be Chadford to me now.

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #150 on: November 05, 2021, 11:34:54 AM »

Well, if I ever routinely disagree with you, I'll promote you to Chadler.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #151 on: November 05, 2021, 12:00:55 PM »

No problem, Adam

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #152 on: November 05, 2021, 12:02:23 PM »

No problem, Adam

Now you’ve made the list buddy!!!
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #153 on: November 05, 2021, 12:10:17 PM »
Chadler  :lol

Offline Spiritus

« Reply #154 on: November 05, 2021, 02:54:07 PM »
Page and a half of this thread about how you people spell your names. Surreal.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #155 on: November 05, 2021, 03:24:14 PM »

As far as I'm concerned, I just feel like we're all paying respect by gathering in his thread. Silly banter, sure.

I feel awful. I spent an entire evening a few months ago researching this. We're all pretty much the same age as him.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #156 on: November 05, 2021, 03:56:23 PM »

As far as I'm concerned, I just feel like we're all paying respect by gathering in his thread. Silly banter, sure.

I feel awful. I spent an entire evening a few months ago researching this. We're all pretty much the same age as him.

This exactly (except the researching part)

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #157 on: November 06, 2021, 01:55:36 PM »

You must be new here

Offline v_clortho

• Keymaster of Gozer
  • King of DTF
« Reply #158 on: November 06, 2021, 06:39:21 PM »

What do you mean "you people?"

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #159 on: November 06, 2021, 08:56:05 PM »
Reading about the death zone and all the bodies that are still there is some heavy stuff.

Its mental to think that you may sit down just for second and be frozen in time forever.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #160 on: November 06, 2021, 09:09:06 PM »
Yeah, you can go down a Youtube rabbit hole about it.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #161 on: November 08, 2021, 05:18:01 AM »

You must be new here

Haha.  Truth.   Give it a couple days and Wild Ranger will start a thread about the "Best Names".  Objectively.

Offline jammindude

« Reply #162 on: November 08, 2021, 06:56:27 AM »

You must be new here

Haha.  Truth.   Give it a couple days and Wild Ranger will start a thread about the "Best Names".  Objectively.

:rollin :rollin
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #163 on: November 08, 2021, 07:05:08 AM »
Reading about the death zone and all the bodies that are still there is some heavy stuff.

Its mental to think that you may sit down just for second and be frozen in time forever.

Unless someone decides to use your corpse as a sled  :lol

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #164 on: November 08, 2021, 07:29:41 AM »
So…..I did reach out to that funeral home and gave them the rundown of what ‘we’ as the DTF community we’re facing with this. I understand we don’t ‘need’ to know how Mark passed but I’m extremely curious given he was going to climb Everest…..I’d imagine a 52 year older man who was going to undertake that endeavor would have been in pretty good shape.

The Director just said that obviously she couldn’t tell me anything but she would reach out to the family and let them know ‘we’ were asking and that if she were given permission she’d let me know or they’d call me direct.

That was last Thursday. I highly doubt I hear anything but was just trying to learn more about this.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline vtgrad

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #165 on: November 08, 2021, 01:13:31 PM »
So…..I did reach out to that funeral home and gave them the rundown of what ‘we’ as the DTF community we’re facing with this. I understand we don’t ‘need’ to know how Mark passed but I’m extremely curious given he was going to climb Everest…..I’d imagine a 52 year older man who was going to undertake that endeavor would have been in pretty good shape.

The Director just said that obviously she couldn’t tell me anything but she would reach out to the family and let them know ‘we’ were asking and that if she were given permission she’d let me know or they’d call me direct.

That was last Thursday. I highly doubt I hear anything but was just trying to learn more about this.

Thanks for doing that Gary... there I go jumping to conclusions by using an abbreviated name.  I'll just call him "G" next time.

It is a homage for all of us to come in here and take the thread off the rails... that's what happens here, no harm no foul.  I'd consider DTF fairly close-knit as message boards go having met or called several of your guys multiple times.  While we don't need to know what happened, knowing gives closure to an interesting story (from the outside looking in) and the family may want to share the actual story with Marc's online "friends".  Strange how music brings us together.

While listening to the title track from the new album today, and considering JP's inspiration for the song, it's ap per po for us to be talking about "the ranks of the elite" when it comes to Marc and his bid at Everest.  I think so anyway... even getting to Base Camp is an accomplishment.
"Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter; Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man."  Ecclesiastes 12:13

Now with Twitler taking a high end steak of this caliber and insulting the cow that died for it by having it well done just shows zero respect for the product, which falls right in line with the amount of respect he shows for pretty much everything else.- Lonestar

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #166 on: November 08, 2021, 01:15:43 PM »
Gary, that's awesome.

I wouldn't be surprised if someone contacted you.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #167 on: November 08, 2021, 01:45:34 PM »
As an aside, I don't get the "adherence" to thread titles and topics; sure in some cases it's nice to organize that way, but I know I view this as an on-going conversation among friends.  Not "on-line friends" but friends.  So just like in real life, if we were sitting at a bar talking, we might be talking about sports, then see a news break on the TV with Trump or COVID, and we veer off into that.  Then someone walks in with a goofy hat and you veer off to that.  Then it's time for another round and we debate the merits of potato vodka versus vodka made from grain.  Life isn't organized into neat threads; at least my life isn't.

I think it's that informality that lends itself to people who care, like we have here.   If it wasn't 3:45 pm I'd hoist a drink to you all.

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #168 on: November 08, 2021, 01:57:00 PM »
As an aside, I don't get the "adherence" to thread titles and topics; sure in some cases it's nice to organize that way, but I know I view this as an on-going conversation among friends.  Not "on-line friends" but friends.  So just like in real life, if we were sitting at a bar talking, we might be talking about sports, then see a news break on the TV with Trump or COVID, and we veer off into that.  Then someone walks in with a goofy hat and you veer off to that.  Then it's time for another round and we debate the merits of potato vodka versus vodka made from grain.  Life isn't organized into neat threads; at least my life isn't.

I think it's that informality that lends itself to people who care, like we have here.   If it wasn't 3:45 pm I'd hoist a drink to you all.

Yeah...I agree. It's not an issue to me for these threads to derail at times because usually it's just a natural progression of the conversation.....just like this 'derail' was. And....after a bit it gets back on topic. It's not like we were disrespecting Mark or his memory....we are all in this thread out of a curiosity towards a fellow DTF'r, father and man and as to why he simply disappeared from his online presence.

We have for the most part closure knowing what we know now. If the family see's fit to share more detail then we will know more...if not, we're just reminded once again that there is no promise that we will be around tomorrow....that at any instance our time here on earth can come to an end.....and that we should cherish the moments we have with friends, family and loved ones.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #169 on: November 09, 2021, 05:37:12 AM »
Damn. I just stumbled upon Trooper's second to last post in the heights thread. Super eery :(

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #170 on: November 09, 2021, 05:42:41 AM »
Damn. I just stumbled upon Trooper's second to last post in the heights thread. Super eery :(

Indeed....

tomorrow you can get hit by a bus walking across the street.
I don't know if I will make Everest. Something I NEED to do, May sound selfish. and that is ok. I may die, im ok with that,  lol I have dodged death in Syria, iran, Afghanistan, when your time is up its up

I don't want to over analyze his posts, but knowing he was not long for this world looks like he had something going on and he really wanted to conquer Everest before something bad could happen. Or maybe it's just a coincidence and he was just talking in general terms, "maybe I will die trying to summit like many others did", but knowing that he was about to pass away...... makes me think he knew he might be facing death and wanted to leave the world with a bang.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2021, 09:02:23 AM by MirrorMask »
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #171 on: November 09, 2021, 08:18:11 AM »

wow, that is eery

Offline Spiritus

« Reply #172 on: November 12, 2021, 08:38:38 PM »

You must be new here

Not really, mostly lurker, and refugee from portnoys site since 2002-4ish. 16-18 years . New eh

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #173 on: November 13, 2021, 05:04:48 AM »

You must be new here

Not really, mostly lurker, and refugee from portnoys site since 2002-4ish. 16-18 years . New eh

MOSTLY?  112 posts in 16 years would be the definition of lurker.  :lol

Offline TempusVox

• Descendant of Primus
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #174 on: January 16, 2022, 12:28:39 AM »
I'd say we can't be sure it was him. He mentioned he survived a bunch of shit in the Middle East. That would make me think he was in the military. The obit says he was a banker, and does not mention military service. Just an observation.
You don't HAVE a soul.You ARE a soul.You HAVE a body.
"I came here to drink milk and kick ass; and I just finished my milk."