Author Topic: Meet and Greet question  (Read 1869 times)

Offline Trav86

Meet and Greet question
« on: March 24, 2019, 03:26:08 PM »
I know this should be for the Concert board, but it doesn’t seem to get very much traffic. I got the Platinum package for the Dallas show, and it’s my first time doing the meet and greet. My tickets will be coming in the mail, do they send you all of the m&g info with them? What time should I arrive for the m&g? Help!! Lol.
Can't we find the minds
to lead us closer to the heart?

Offline llpyyz

Re: Meet and Greet question
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2019, 04:41:27 PM »
I did the meet and greet at the 3/22 Wiltern show. The way it works is like this. You get an email a couple days before with some basic instructions. Most important of which is when to arrive at the venue. For us it was 5:30. We lined up outside and by around 5:45 or so they let us in where we stood in line for a while. The band came in and we took a photo with them in front of a cool DT banner. Somebody will handle the photography, so don't worry about having your phone ready. After the photo we lined up again to get things signed and at that point, just before each of us actually went to the signing table, we got the tote bag with swag. It's all pretty quick and efficient, aside from all the standing around waiting. You'll have a few seconds to say something to each band member as he signs your stuff. So it ain't like your gonna get a chance to have a long convo with John Myung about the Buddhist influence apparent in his lyrics on the new album. Enjoy the meet and greet. It's worth it, at least once.  :metal

Offline Trav86

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2019, 06:03:23 PM »
Sounds great! Thank you for the detailed response. It’s much appreciated!!
Can't we find the minds

Offline faizoff

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2019, 06:09:11 AM »
I too am doing the meet and greet for the first time. Do they tell you how many items to limit per person? Can you bring your own stuff to sign?
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline llpyyz

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2019, 09:37:53 AM »
I too am doing the meet and greet for the first time. Do they tell you how many items to limit per person? Can you bring your own stuff to sign?

Officially they ask you to limit it to two items. So if you wish you may have them sign the litho and drum head that are in the swag bag, or other items you bring. People at our show definitely had other items and may well have gotten more than two signed. You can probably pull off three maybe four, but I can't say for sure. I only had them sign my litho and drum head. The number of extras you can get signed might depend in part upon how many people signed up for the meet and greet and/or how the guys are feeling. Maybe after everybody has been through the line once to get two items signed they would be willing to sign a few additional items, time permitting. Certainly worth a try! Enjoy.  :biggrin:

Offline liquidtension

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2019, 10:14:03 AM »
I did the meet and greet at the 3/22 Wiltern show. The way it works is like this. You get an email a couple days before with some basic instructions. Most important of which is when to arrive at the venue. For us it was 5:30. We lined up outside and by around 5:45 or so they let us in where we stood in line for a while. The band came in and we took a photo with them in front of a cool DT banner. Somebody will handle the photography, so don't worry about having your phone ready. After the photo we lined up again to get things signed and at that point, just before each of us actually went to the signing table, we got the tote bag with swag. It's all pretty quick and efficient, aside from all the standing around waiting. You'll have a few seconds to say something to each band member as he signs your stuff. So it ain't like your gonna get a chance to have a long convo with John Myung about the Buddhist influence apparent in his lyrics on the new album. Enjoy the meet and greet. It's worth it, at least once.  :metal

Hey, llpyyz. Did you get any word on how we get the photo taken? I went to the SF m&g last night.

Thank you in advance.
He has no enemies; and none of his friends like him.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2019, 12:50:44 PM »
In the past, I believe they send an email later with a link where you can grab it.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline liquidtension

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2019, 01:03:25 PM »
In the past, I believe they send an email later with a link where you can grab it.

Awesome! Thank you for the response.  :D
He has no enemies; and none of his friends like him.

Offline RipRokken

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2019, 08:31:32 PM »
I got the Platinum package for the Dallas show, and it’s my first time doing the meet and greet.

Same here! I’ll also be in Dallas and got the Platinum VIP. First DT concert for me as well as meet & greet. See ya there!

Offline Trav86

« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2019, 07:25:17 PM »
I got the Platinum package for the Dallas show, and it’s my first time doing the meet and greet.

Same here! I’ll also be in Dallas and got the Platinum VIP. First DT concert for me as well as meet & greet. See ya there!

Awesome!
Can't we find the minds

Offline RipRokken

« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2019, 08:01:49 PM »
That makes 3 of us so far at least that will be in Dallas :)

Offline Mark Levinson Jr.

« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2019, 04:05:05 PM »
What do you have to present to get into the meet & greet? I have my tickets, but they are just regular tickets... nothing on them about meet & greets or special access.

Offline RipRokken

« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2019, 06:04:04 AM »
What do you have to present to get into the meet & greet? I have my tickets, but they are just regular tickets... nothing on them about meet & greets or special access.

The M&G packages are purchased separately, and if you already have a ticket you’d get the VIP Upgrade. I believe you’ll receive instructions a few days before the show (this is my first one for DT). Hope this helps — anyone please correct me or add details if needed.

Offline faizoff

« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2019, 10:31:40 AM »

This is what the email says after you purchase the meet and greet
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2019, 11:19:44 AM »
Thanks, but I think I'm still missing something...

I purchased the meet & greet package from Sound Rink, got the emailed confirmation, and got the physical tickets mailed to my house. There's just nothing I received that says what I'm supposed to bring with me to get into the meet & greet. Will a new email before the show give me some sort of second ticket that's just for the m&g? Is my name on a list somewhere? Is the fact that I have a 2nd row ticket that I only could have obtained by purchasing a m&g enough to get into the m&g?

Offline goo-goo

« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2019, 11:23:10 AM »
Thanks, but I think I'm still missing something...

I purchased the meet & greet package from Sound Rink, got the emailed confirmation, and got the physical tickets mailed to my house. There's just nothing I received that says what I'm supposed to bring with me to get into the meet & greet. Will a new email before the show give me some sort of second ticket that's just for the m&g? Is my name on a list somewhere? Is the fact that I have a 2nd row ticket that I only could have obtained by purchasing a m&g enough to get into the m&g?

Take the paper receipt of the VIP you purchased. Usually the VIP organizers has a list with your name on it and verifies it with your receipt. You'll get an email a few days before the concert with specific instructions and arrival time. Just show up and enjoy the M&G.

« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2019, 11:55:26 AM »
Got it. Thanks everyone. I can't wait!

« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2019, 12:04:00 PM »
Sound Rink replied and confirmed what you just said:

We receive the VIP information from the band's team 2-3 days before the event. When we receive that info, we email it to all buyers. It will include a time and location and the VIP coordinator will check people in with your ID and confirmation email.

Offline Air Weaver

« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2019, 02:56:19 PM »
Sound Rink replied and confirmed what you just said:

We receive the VIP information from the band's team 2-3 days before the event. When we receive that info, we email it to all buyers. It will include a time and location and the VIP coordinator will check people in with your ID and confirmation email.

Don't sweat it if you don't bring the email. Just have the right name and they will find you on the list. We had a great time at M&G last night at the Beacon.