Author Topic: Meta Album Concept Theory  (Read 896 times)

Offline Donmac1989

• "Our deeds have traveled far."
Meta Album Concept Theory
« on: March 23, 2019, 05:44:33 AM »
So I feel we can do this. I was thinking on how since Metropolis Pt 2, Six Degrees, Train of Thought, and Octavarium are somewhat connected. Maybe the story of Metropolis could somehow be worked in to flow into the subsequent albums. Maybe like Glass Prison is Julian re-encarnated as a recovering Alcoholic. Dunno, maybe just super bored or this could actually work. But in doing so it would need to probably also flow into Systematic and Black Clouds since the AA songs are connected in a series.
This feeling inside me
Finally found my love, I've finally broke free
No longer torn in two
I'd take my own life before losing you

Offline BeatriceNB

Re: Meta Album Concept Theory
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2019, 05:11:37 PM »
There's a theory for this, and it "would explain" why Octavarium reprises the themes of the songs of the album, and why the songs segue into each other. Sadly, I couldn't find any info about it.

Offline darkshade

Re: Meta Album Concept Theory
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2019, 10:20:36 AM »
It is pretty amazing that all 6 albums with JR and MP are all connected through the meta-album concept and 12Step series (and 12step quotes 8vm, that epic ties all the concepts from this era together.)

Always wanted to do the meta-album listen, never had time or an opportunity, though I have listened to 2 of the albums back to back. Even SC and BC&SL opening tracks are like a reaction to the end of the previous album's final song.