Author Topic: April 22 2019 - Charlotte NC  (Read 4247 times)

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
April 22 2019 - Charlotte NC
« on: March 20, 2019, 12:20:38 PM »
Who's with me?
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: April 22 2019 - Charlotte NC
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2019, 08:32:14 PM »
I'm in! I live in Charlotte. We can meet up for some dinner or drinks if you're down hef.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2019, 11:38:49 AM »
I'm in! I live in Charlotte. We can meet up for some dinner or drinks if you're down hef.
We can definitely make that work!
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2019, 07:52:48 PM »
Sounds good hef, you're near Raleigh right?

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2019, 08:09:30 PM »
Sounds good hef, you're near Raleigh right?
Yes, Raleigh. My kids are coming with.

Offline vtgrad

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2019, 02:07:22 PM »
My wife and I are in!  I actually have a photo pass for the show so I'll be milling about and taking photos (thanks to Bosk for hooking me up) as long as security honors my pass!

We do need to meet up and eat before the show... there are several spots around the venue I think.
"Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter; Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man."  Ecclesiastes 12:13

Now with Twitler taking a high end steak of this caliber and insulting the cow that died for it by having it well done just shows zero respect for the product, which falls right in line with the amount of respect he shows for pretty much everything else.- Lonestar

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2019, 03:01:23 AM »
My wife and I are in!  I actually have a photo pass for the show so I'll be milling about and taking photos (thanks to Bosk for hooking me up) as long as security honors my pass!

We do need to meet up and eat before the show... there are several spots around the venue I think.
Nice! It will be great to see you again!

Offline vtgrad

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2019, 10:00:21 AM »

Nice! It will be great to see you again!

I'll be good to see you again as well my friend!
"Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter; Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man."  Ecclesiastes 12:13

Now with Twitler taking a high end steak of this caliber and insulting the cow that died for it by having it well done just shows zero respect for the product, which falls right in line with the amount of respect he shows for pretty much everything else.- Lonestar

Offline TheOutlawXanadu

• The Original Unseasoned Fan
  • DTF.com Member
  • The Original Unseasoned Fan
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2019, 03:27:55 PM »
I am still on the fence. Would love to go but the Metallica concert in January was the price of three concerts. :lol
:TOX: <-- My own emoticon!

Offline Robert4Racine

« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2019, 07:56:12 AM »
I got great seats from friend. I am unable to attend. Orchestra Center W 109/110. Pricey but can work out deal. Email: gee4@aol.com.

Offline vtgrad

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2019, 10:46:08 AM »
Week from today guys... getting pumped! :metal

Where are we eating?

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2019, 03:29:18 PM »
Week from today guys... getting pumped! :metal

Where are we eating?
I don't know.  I'm not familiar with the area.

Somebody just pick something.  We will be cool with anything.

Offline vtgrad

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2019, 02:37:50 PM »
That's cool... I'll research it over the next few days and find us something close so we don't get messed up with Security before the show.

Reaper, you know of anywhere close to the venue?  I know Charlotte quite well but I can't think of anything off-hand that close to the show. 

I'll look around a bit and PM you guys when I find something and we'll set a time that works!

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2019, 05:29:04 PM »
Yea I do, here are a couple:

There is RuRu's Tacos & Tequila: https://www.rurustacosandtequila.com/charlotte/menus.html
Great tacos and since it's monday they have $5 margaritas. Pretty family friendly. It's about 2 and a half miles from the venue

Another alternative is Mac's Speed Shop which is a BBQ chain local to the carolinas: https://macspeedshop.com/southend/#menu
Family friendly, great BBQ, and great Beers. It's about 5 miles from the venue.

Ovens isn't in the best area for food, it's near a fairly large road that is surrounded by chains.

Offline mike099

• do or do not; there is no try
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2019, 10:43:02 PM »
Just got back from the Nashville show. My first DT show and loved it.  The band should be in good form after the short break before your show.
Quote from: Flying BIZKIT

Yeah, I hate when I visit the local circus and all they fucking play is Haken.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2019, 05:39:10 AM »
Is Nashville the last show before Charlotte?

*Checks google* It is!

Offline vtgrad

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2019, 09:14:17 AM »
RuRu's Menu looks awesome!  I'll vote for it!   

Just so we can all dispense with any awkwardness, what are your real names guys?  I want to roll in calling you guys by your real names not your avatars :biggrin:  I'm Josh and my wife is Jessica.  Hef and I have met previously so I'll know him on sight, but his real name escapes me.

My wife and I will try and swing by Ovens Will Call before hand so I can try and pick up my photo pass from management, then we'll walk over to RuRu's... say 5 PM so we'll have time to eat before the doors open?

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2019, 09:47:30 AM »
Sweet, RuRu's is really good. Their chips and queso is great.

My name is Karolis, I'm going to the show solo. I'm not sure if I'm friends with you on Facebook but I did just friend Hef

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2019, 10:07:22 AM »
Hef and I have met previously so I'll know him on sight, but his real name escapes me.

He goes by "Hat-Killer" to all but his closest friends.  And they just call him "Killer."
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2019, 10:14:53 AM »
Hef and I have met previously so I'll know him on sight, but his real name escapes me.

He goes by "Hat-Killer" to all but his closest friends.  And they just call him "Killer."

:lol
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline vtgrad

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2019, 09:49:29 AM »
Sorry for the delay in getting back to you guys... my wife and I have had a business situation come up with our Mortgage Brokerage and we're not going to make the dinner... we'll make the show for sure (barely).  Sorry!  You guys enjoy RuRu's without us and we'll see you at the show!  Maybe we can arrange a meet up again when DT comes back through on the next leg of the d/t tour.

Sorry for the late notice!  We're in Orch Right row C seats 1-2 on the inside isle.  See you there!

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2019, 10:45:06 AM »

:lol

RuRu's sounds good. My kids and I will see you there.

What time to meet?

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2019, 11:28:48 AM »
I’m going to leave my house at 5 so I should be there at 530ish. I’m getting excited!

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2019, 11:39:46 AM »
I’m going to leave my house at 5 so I should be there at 530ish. I’m getting excited!
Sweet. I will plan on being at the restaurant around 5:30. Let's communicate via Facebook Messenger once we get there.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2019, 11:58:19 AM »
Sounds good! Have a safe drive.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2019, 07:13:39 AM »
Awesome show last night!  My ears are literally still ringing!

Pre-show meetup with ReaperKK:

Pics from the show:

And some pics from the after show:

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2019, 08:04:42 AM »
Nice! So cool that you get to see them with your kids.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2019, 09:10:52 AM »
Nice pics Hef!!
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2019, 09:31:06 AM »
How did MM smell after the show?

Offline Mladen

« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2019, 09:45:20 AM »
I still remember your report from The Astonishing show like it was yesterday, hef. Always good to hear from you and see pics with yourself, the kids and the band. James looks blissful in that photo. Awesome.  :tup

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2019, 09:46:55 AM »
I can vouch, the show was awesome and it was great meeting you Hef!

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2019, 10:15:46 AM »
How did MM smell after the show?
I didn't get a whiff this time, but he was extremely talkative and engaging.  And still tiny.

I still remember your report from The Astonishing show like it was yesterday, hef. Always good to hear from you and see pics with yourself, the kids and the band. James looks blissful in that photo. Awesome.  :tup
:tup :tup :coolio

I can vouch, the show was awesome and it was great meeting you Hef!
It was my genuine pleasure, pal.  My kids thought you were cool, too, so you have that going for you lol.

I may be hitting you up for a place to crash for the Snarky Puppy show.  :biggrin:

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2019, 10:26:28 AM »
Snarky Puppy is awesome.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2019, 12:39:24 PM »
Snarky Puppy is awesome.
Better believe it

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #34 on: April 24, 2019, 07:10:30 AM »
Yup! I’ve never seen them live so it should be good