Author Topic: 2019 set list and tour discussion (**KEEP ALL SPOILERS HERE**)  (Read 143658 times)

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
Re: 2019 set list and tour discussion (**KEEP ALL SPOILERS HERE**)
« Reply #210 on: March 21, 2019, 06:24:54 PM »
I kind of wish they snuck a TA song in the first set. Like moment of betrayal or something on the heavier side of TA. I just hate how they've already stopped playing songs from it. I know a song like ITPOE is more fresh but the TA songs are short and it felt like maybe they could sneak one in and maybe win some fans over on that album by playing one of the heavier songs. Oh well, just hope this lack of TA doesnt extent much longer that this becomes the album DT never goes back to.

I could not agree more.  Our New World is the closest thing they have to a straight-forward riff rock song and is a natural live tune.  If they miss the boat and avoid playing that live any time soon, that will be a damn shame. 

Offline Another_Won

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Attest to the mighty river.Let the truth be heard!
« Reply #211 on: March 21, 2019, 06:39:44 PM »
Surprised there aren't more YT vids.  Is Insideout taking them down?  Sorry if against rules to ask that question...
I think someone mentioned that security wasn't letting them use their cell phones.  From what you can see from the crowd in the two videos we have I don't see anyone with their phone out.

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #212 on: March 21, 2019, 06:43:10 PM »
From JP FB page:

That looks soooooo cool!

Offline Another_Won

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #213 on: March 21, 2019, 06:52:19 PM »
From JP FB page:

That looks soooooo cool!
Sure is!

Also there are some great pictures on DT FB from the concert taken by this guy: https://www.instagram.com/alexdrumming/

Online Anguyen92

« Reply #214 on: March 21, 2019, 07:11:34 PM »
In line at the Wiltern an hour early before doors open.  I’m near the front of the entrance.  Now we wait.

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #215 on: March 21, 2019, 07:14:21 PM »
In line at the Wiltern an hour early before doors open.  I’m near the front of the entrance.  Now we wait.

If you could keep us update in real time, that would be awesome

Online Anguyen92

« Reply #216 on: March 21, 2019, 07:19:29 PM »
I’ll see what I can do.  The most you would get out of me is an update during intermission

Offline Another_Won

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #217 on: March 21, 2019, 07:35:48 PM »
So I'm assuming they played the song videos during the concert.  I hope they didn't use the bad robot version of Paralyed  :facepalm:

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #218 on: March 21, 2019, 07:42:56 PM »
I’ll see what I can do.  The most you would get out of me is an update during intermission
Just enjoy the show!  You can post later afterwards or even wait til tomorrow,   time to take it all in.  In otherwords, don't worry about updating or being a slave to your phone. Your about to witness something great!   :tup
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Offline RaiseTheKnife

« Reply #219 on: March 21, 2019, 08:49:54 PM »
I'll post if anything is different from last night.  No zen riffer in sight suggests that S2N will not make the cut.

EDIT:  Jordan plays the Zen Riffer all over the place, but still no S2N.  Keith brought out the Zen from off stage.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2019, 01:06:59 AM by RaiseTheKnife »

Offline RaiseTheKnife

« Reply #220 on: March 21, 2019, 08:53:25 PM »
Since this is a spoiler section i will report that untethered angel skips the intro and jumps right into the heavy riff.  Or so i was told.

Online Anguyen92

« Reply #221 on: March 21, 2019, 08:55:01 PM »
I’m at my seat it may be far back, but at least it is centered.  That’s it for me until intermission

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #222 on: March 21, 2019, 09:07:49 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqFY5DlgIRQ

What was that at 7.49 mark?

:lol

Offline RodrigoAltaf

« Reply #223 on: March 21, 2019, 09:44:31 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqFY5DlgIRQ

What was that at 7.49 mark?

:lol

Someone in the audience stepped on a cat?!?!?  ;D

Offline bill1971

« Reply #224 on: March 21, 2019, 09:55:53 PM »
So curious if any changes.

Online Anguyen92

« Reply #225 on: March 21, 2019, 10:07:49 PM »
At intermission.  No changes, band is playing really well.  Sounds loud and clear.  Now the bad news.  My view is blocked which makes it hard to see the entire stage clearly and there’s a lot of tall people in front making it hard to see JP clearly.

Offline CaelPetrucci

« Reply #226 on: March 21, 2019, 10:14:01 PM »
So the rotating sets seems to so far be inaccurate. Here’s hoping that Pull Ms Under is pulled out of the show tonight.
How are they doing the MP Growl? Knowing that they re-recorded a lot of Mike’s parts makes me very curious if James or John are gonna sing that part live.

Offline fadetoblackdude7

« Reply #227 on: March 21, 2019, 10:17:45 PM »
Another tour where SDOIT and 8vm are neglected 😞

Offline CaelPetrucci

« Reply #228 on: March 21, 2019, 10:24:29 PM »
Yeah, would seem that way. Panic Attack would’ve been a perfect follow-up to Paralyzed. Wasted potential

Offline Dedalus

« Reply #229 on: March 21, 2019, 10:30:09 PM »
Is it the same setlist?  :omg:

Bring MP back...

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #230 on: March 21, 2019, 10:36:47 PM »
At intermission.  No changes, band is playing really well.  Sounds loud and clear.  Now the bad news.  My view is blocked which makes it hard to see the entire stage clearly and there’s a lot of tall people in front making it hard to see JP clearly.

Thanks for the update! A bit of a bummer that they’re playing the same set, but it’s a DT concert, so it’s great anyway.

Hoping they change the encore, though.
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline CaelPetrucci

« Reply #231 on: March 21, 2019, 10:46:38 PM »
I’m wondering if you need to see two shows in the same city to see any different songs. If it continues to be the same setlist tomorrow, the band has misinformed us about a major part of this set that people are coming to see.

Still, I’m happy enough with that setlist, minus PMU. Just wish S2N, AWE or FItL was in there.

Offline fadetoblackdude7

« Reply #232 on: March 21, 2019, 10:52:23 PM »
I’m wondering if you need to see two shows in the same city to see any different songs. If it continues to be the same setlist tomorrow, the band has misinformed us about a major part of this set that people are coming to see.

Still, I’m happy enough with that setlist, minus PMU. Just wish S2N, AWE or FItL was in there.

Sorry, which part have they misinformed us on? The Awake part?

Offline CaelPetrucci

« Reply #233 on: March 21, 2019, 10:59:00 PM »

Sorry, which part have they misinformed us on? The Awake part?

Talking about rotating sets.

Offline porcacultor

« Reply #234 on: March 22, 2019, 12:32:32 AM »
I think it's likely they'll change the set up a bit for the second night in a row at the same venue... but even if they don't, it's still a great show.

Offline Pettor

« Reply #235 on: March 22, 2019, 12:50:48 AM »

Yeah, as a SDOIT lover it was long since that album got any attention at all. How is Glass Prison still not being played?

Other than that I think the set is very heavy rocking which I like. It's most likely gonna be awesome too see live and James are gonna do these songs fantastic!

But remind me why we have SFAM anniversary again? I love the album but it was just two tours since last for SFAM and previous was I&W. At one point I just hope they stop with the anniversary thingy for a while. At least do like last time and keep it in shorter chunks.

Online Anguyen92

« Reply #236 on: March 22, 2019, 01:08:27 AM »
All right, I'm back from the LA show.  Overall, I say I had a great time and that it was easily worth the $25.00 that Ticketmaster offered on the Holiday Hangover deal.  That stated, I, in good conscience, cannot call it a perfect concert, for me, like I thought Within Temptation, last Tuesday at the same place as DT today, was close to a perfect concert (which had been for a long time reserved for three shows that I really loved), which I still need to post that long review of that show in the Within Temptation thread.  More on my thoughts of the DT show in a couple of hours after I recover from the drive home.

Offline Mladen

« Reply #237 on: March 22, 2019, 02:50:52 AM »
I kind of wish they snuck a TA song in the first set. Like moment of betrayal or something on the heavier side of TA. I just hate how they've already stopped playing songs from it. I know a song like ITPOE is more fresh but the TA songs are short and it felt like maybe they could sneak one in and maybe win some fans over on that album by playing one of the heavier songs. Oh well, just hope this lack of TA doesnt extent much longer that this becomes the album DT never goes back to.
What do you mean by already? They played two songs from it pretty much throughout all of the I&W tour last year. They did ignore the album this time around, but there are eight more albums from which not a single song was played last night.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #239 on: March 22, 2019, 03:41:47 AM »
Is it the same setlist?  :omg:

Bring MP back...
Oh, come on,  FFS, none of that. Let it go.

Open your heart, be set free.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Mladen

« Reply #240 on: March 22, 2019, 04:08:20 AM »
PARALYZED: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8x1bXAnCnM
Why is there a backing track of LaBrie's vocals underneath the last chorus? It's exactly the same vocal line, it's not even the harmony.

Offline Rammstein

« Reply #243 on: March 22, 2019, 04:35:05 AM »
PARALYZED: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8x1bXAnCnM
PALE BLUE .. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtkDzjBOGvw

PBD is absolutely out of this world, such tight playing! Also Manginis cymbal placement made sense in a recording environment, but live? ;D. His shoulder must hurt like hell playing this kind of music every other night. I get a feeling that is just a mangini thing to keep himself busy learning different techniques and positions  :o

Offline Addy

« Reply #244 on: March 22, 2019, 05:06:43 AM »
PBD is absolutely out of this world, such tight playing!

Yeah, watching Mangini is freakin' enjoyable as hell. Petruccinator's system.exe stopped working a couple of times though ;)