Author Topic: Barstool Warrior - A CLASSIC TUNE  (Read 4228 times)

Offline erwinrafael

Re: Barstool Warrior - A CLASSIC TUNE
« Reply #35 on: March 19, 2019, 06:04:05 PM »
I feel like the last minute or so could've easily come from The Astonishing.

Yes. Like the outro of Paralyzed.

Offline PMA

« Reply #36 on: March 19, 2019, 06:05:31 PM »
It's my favorite from this release as well.  I agree with the earlier comment that another chorus could have been added or some other means to extend this a bit longer.  Truly melodic and soaring at the end.  LaBrie nails those final lyrics with power and it sounds majestic.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #37 on: March 19, 2019, 08:45:53 PM »
Bosk, dude!  I grew up on the American River bike trail.  You live in the Sacramento area? Thanks for the link, brings back good memories.

Edit:  . . . and I agree that Barstool Warrior is a classic tune. :biggrin:

Yup.  I love riding home from work a couple of times a week from Downtown Sac to Folsom light rail station.  Beautiful ride.  My time was pretty slow tonight.  Partly because it was the first ride of the year (I've been on the trainer this winter, but that doesn't replace actual riding), and because there were a few spots where the trial was washed out or damaged due to winter conditions, and I had to slow down or detour.  Still a great ride though.  I'm thankful for it.  I did NOT go with d/t or LSFNY, and went with my old friend The Astonishing.  So I will get to listen to the "CLASSIC" Barstool Warrior next ride, hopefully.  :biggrin:
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline YtseJamittaja

• Yub Nub
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #38 on: March 20, 2019, 01:23:23 AM »
The Astonishing tune, I have heard the chorus always like this:  ;D

Call it bad luck, call it Faythe
Do you even whahíbrido pickingant?

M Y  L A S T. F M  P R O F I L E

Offline Peter Mc

« Reply #39 on: March 20, 2019, 05:46:49 AM »
Yeah, could easily have fit on The Astonishing, it’s weird how universally liked this song is when the album is so divisive. Great song, as are most on the album. Pale Blue Dot has been a huge grower for me, may possibly be my current favourite.

Offline erciccio

« Reply #40 on: March 20, 2019, 06:45:28 AM »
Man, if ADTOE had Barstool Warrior instead of BAI, it might skyrocket up to my favorite DT album.

Well, this is BLASPHEMY!!  :facepalm: :facepalm:

I think it's now time to take arms and depose Lord Boskaryus!!
Ora che ho perso la vista,ci vedo di più

Offline darkshade

« Reply #41 on: March 22, 2019, 07:27:44 AM »
Yeah, could easily have fit on The Astonishing, it’s weird how universally liked this song is when the album is so divisive. Great song, as are most on the album. Pale Blue Dot has been a huge grower for me, may possibly be my current favourite.

As an album, to me and many others, it's an album of great ideas stretched out and bloated to a 2 hour story, and themes re-appear well too often. I also don't find any individual song on TA to stand out on its own and the whole is greater than the sum of its parts.