Author Topic: VIP passes or sound check possibility?  (Read 950 times)

Offline bcampagnolo

VIP passes or sound check possibility?
« on: March 18, 2019, 09:36:54 AM »
I have tickets to the Houston show, April 30. I am fascinated by FOH engineering as well as monitor engineering. I was wondering is there a way maybe with the VIP pass to skip the swag and just get to pull cables or help the crew out all day and listen to the sound check and then help with "outs" or tear-down?

Sort of like 'be on the crew for a day" but then VIP for the sound-check?

Has anyone been to a sound-check for a show?
Or would anyone where know who I could contact to get a modified VIP pass? Its not that I don't want to meet the band, but meeting the techs and engineers would be super cool.

Thanks.
Paul.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
Re: VIP passes or sound check possibility?
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2019, 10:32:19 AM »
Other than a few VERY limited exceptions, the band generally does not like people present for sound checks.  So getting to see a DT sound check is a very rare experience. 

As far as getting to hang with the crew, I am not aware of any such package.  However, you might mention to the band (especially JP) during the meet and greet that you are very interested in that.  If any of the crew are then free between the M&G and the show, or after the show, they might be able to arrange for you to chat a bit.  Not sure.  I do know that those guys are all very busy, so try not to be disappointed if you ask and it doesn't happen.  But I'd say that is probably your best bet.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Online RaiseTheKnife

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2019, 07:11:27 PM »
The closest experience was the Diamond Package offered during the Astonishing tour in which a handful of VIPs were given a tour on stage of the set-up.  They only had like 10 available per show and sold out fast.  The Diamond Package was only made available to the Gold VIP buyers - since my M&G is an add-on purchase this year, I wasn't eligible, so I'm not sure if it was even offered for the D/T tour.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2019, 01:15:08 PM »
The closest experience was the Diamond Package offered during the Astonishing tour in which a handful of VIPs were given a tour on stage of the set-up.  They only had like 10 available per show and sold out fast.  The Diamond Package was only made available to the Gold VIP buyers - since my M&G is an add-on purchase this year, I wasn't eligible, so I'm not sure if it was even offered for the D/T tour.
I was fortunate enough to get to do that stage tour at the Astonishing show. Holy crap, that was awesome.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.