Author Topic: Changing the song order in D/T  (Read 925 times)

Offline Rammstein

Changing the song order in D/T
« on: March 11, 2019, 12:06:38 PM »
Reading comments on the new album, some people seem not critice the song order. Some say UA is not the greatest opener in terms of power, AWE should be the closer, Viper King should be included and not just a outstanding bonus song, that also stands out from the song order  :laugh:

I am interested in your alternative song order!

Disclaimer: I am not saying, that the official order is bad or that I generally change the running order. I actually like the flow of the album, but in some cases I think a change makes sense.

heres mine:

1. PBD: atmospheric intro, then drum intro, followed by a hard hitting, complex and dark song. I know it is a bit much for opener, but we also got in the presence of enemies as opener :D
2. S2N: Groovy bass, tight playing, a longer song that goes by fast. Fun to listen to
3. Paralyzed: a shorter song for contrast, less complex for relief, but retaining the heaviness
4. Barstool Warrior: bringing in the more classic prog rock roots and also a softer chorus etc
5. Viper King: I love the song, I think it should be in the album and not just as a bonus.
6. FITL: bringing up the metal game a bit
7. UA: and a bit more
8. R137: heavy and different
9. Out of Reach: I like a ballad as second last song
10. AWE: the closer for me. It has the long outro and I love the comeback. It gives me a special vibe: like the positive perspective of the victim is shown in the fade out and with the comeback you are sure, that she has got a happy end, even if it takes long. it also has a heaven like atmosphere, it feels a bit dreamy.

Offline Fritzinger

Re: Changing the song order in D/T
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2019, 12:22:17 PM »
heres mine:

1. PBD: atmospheric intro, then drum intro, followed by a hard hitting, complex and dark song. I know it is a bit much for opener, but we also got in the presence of enemies as opener :D
2. S2N: Groovy bass, tight playing, a longer song that goes by fast. Fun to listen to
3. Paralyzed: a shorter song for contrast, less complex for relief, but retaining the heaviness
4. Barstool Warrior: bringing in the more classic prog rock roots and also a softer chorus etc
5. Viper King: I love the song, I think it should be in the album and not just as a bonus.
6. FITL: bringing up the metal game a bit
7. UA: and a bit more
8. R137: heavy and different
9. Out of Reach: I like a ballad as second last song
10. AWE: the closer for me. It has the long outro and I love the comeback. It gives me a special vibe: like the positive perspective of the victim is shown in the fade out and with the comeback you are sure, that she has got a happy end, even if it takes long. it also has a heaven like atmosphere, it feels a bit dreamy.

I could totally live with that order.

Doesn't surprise me, coming from a fellow Rammstein fan ;)
any rock can be made to roll

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2019, 12:58:01 PM »
Unthered Angel
Paralyzed
Fall into the Light
Barstool Warrior
Pale Blue Dot
S2N
Room 137
Viper King
Out of Reach
At Wit's End

Triple heavy attack, slower piece, breath down and then off into the epic that is the centerpoint of the album, more energy again, experimental song, weird and wacky and funny experimental song, ballad for a last breather and then the big emotional epic.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline Samsara

• Queensr˙che Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Memory flows...like a river.
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2019, 03:23:28 PM »
1. Pale Blue Dot
2. Fall Into the Light
3. Paralyzed
4. Out of Reach
5. S2N
7. Room 137
8. Untethered Angel
9. Barstool Warrior
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - At the printer! Out in May 2024!

Pre-order now at www.roadstomadness.com!

Offline Rammstein

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2019, 03:25:12 PM »
1. Pale Blue Dot
2. Fall Into the Light
3. Paralyzed
4. Out of Reach
5. S2N
7. Room 137
8. Untethered Angel
9. Barstool Warrior

Dude was missing AWE and VK intentional?

Offline Renzo

• Daryus
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2019, 05:27:00 PM »
Untethered Angel
Paralyzed
S2N
Room 137
Fall Into The Light
Viper King
Barstool Warrior
At Wit's End
Out Of Reach
Pale Blue Dot

Basically the first two songs and the last three are equal to the use original tracklist but this is basically the order in which I listen to D/T  ;)

Offline bill1971

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2019, 05:53:16 PM »
I would just add Viper King after Paralyzed then swap Pale Blue Dot and make At Wit's End the closer.

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2019, 06:34:58 PM »
I'm fine with the running order as is....but would be cool with this order as well.

1. Pale Blue Dot
2. Paralyzed
3. Barstool Warrior
4. Untethered Angel
5. Room 137
6. S2N
7. Fall Into the Light
8. Out of Reach
9. At Wit's End

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2019, 08:42:41 AM »