Author Topic: Support band and DoT on www.progarchives.com !  (Read 1239 times)

Offline Vlasto

• The DAY is nigh...
  • DT.net Veteran
  • John,14-6
Support band and DoT on www.progarchives.com !
« on: March 11, 2019, 08:14:01 AM »
Here are many of you good reviewers and those who like it, so rate it and support the album.

http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=60604

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
Re: Support band and DoT on www.progarchives.com !
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2019, 08:20:11 AM »
Ugh. That site is a useful guide, but the review system is...not good. 

Offline RoeDent

• 2006 Time Magazine Person of the Year
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2019, 08:32:30 AM »
While I use the site sometimes for finding out about bands, I wouldn't touch their forums with a barge pole. Some pretty nasty folk on there, and so much negativity. So much it makes Astonishing-era DTF seem like a world of peace and harmony.

Offline Max Kuehnau

• Emotionless Brainiac
  • Doomed to be a man this world forgot
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2019, 08:33:20 AM »
That extreme? wow, ok...
"All my natural instincts are begging me to stop
But somehow I carry on, heading for the top
A physical absurdity, a tremendous mental game
Helping me understand exactly who I am"

Offline Vlasto

• The DAY is nigh...
  • DT.net Veteran
  • John,14-6
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2019, 08:45:13 AM »
Well, that site is not ideal, like anything... but I think, quite complex.
Ratings can more or less guide you and focus you to good albums... and DT is sometimes downrated there.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2019, 04:17:54 PM by Vlasto »

Offline darkshade

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2019, 08:45:29 AM »
I don't go on their forums much these days, but not for those reasons. This is the first I'm hearing about incredibly negative vibes at PA forums, but I do recall there were people hanging around the forums who didn't even like progressive rock. That's unfortunate. The site is great though.

Offline RoeDent

• 2006 Time Magazine Person of the Year
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2019, 02:34:29 PM »
And it's too biased towards the 70s, not truly recognizing the glory of the Great and Golden Age of Progressive Rock in which we currently are privileged as a human society to find ourselves living in.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2019, 09:47:36 AM »
And it's too biased towards the 70s, not truly recognizing the glory of the Great and Golden Age of Progressive Rock in which we currently are privileged as a human society to find ourselves living in.

Very true. And if you believe the people on that site, Italian prog is far better collectively than any newer prog, which is a joke, unless you like well-played background music that often sounds primitive (compared to records of the same time period).

Online Mladen

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2019, 11:52:54 AM »
That site has always been harsh when it comes to reviews. Everything above four stars is tremendous by their standards.  ;D

Offline Vlasto

• The DAY is nigh...
  • DT.net Veteran
  • John,14-6
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2019, 04:03:00 AM »

Very true. And if you believe the people on that site, Italian prog is far better collectively than any newer prog, which is a joke, unless you like well-played background music that often sounds primitive (compared to records of the same time period).

that reminds me something like power of majority...

Offline Dedalus

« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2019, 10:41:31 PM »
PA is a biased site. This is undeniable. It attracts an audience that generally thinks in a very similar way. It's the prog rock audience (and I said prog rock, not prog metal).

So:
70's Prog Rock> Prog rock post 70's> Prog metal> 80's pop recorded by classic bands of the 70's (OMG, the horror!!!).

Personally, I don't have many problems with PA. I really think the 70's prog is unparalleled and I really like Italian prog rock.  :biggrin:

Offline ChuckSteak

« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2019, 12:36:39 PM »
I have used the site for a long time. Not everyone reviews/rates the same way and I don't think they are biased at all. If that was the case, everyone would be of the same opinion. And you don't see that on the forums. Opinions differ a lot there.

I haven't been there for a couple of months because of the captcha check "I am not a robot" every time you want to send an answer. And then you often lose what you wrote because the captcha fails, so you have to copy it to be safe. That is why I don't use the forums much anymore.

But if you are interested in prog rock and derivatives, that site has always been a gold mine.

Most people there don't like the DT of today, so probably that's why you guys think they are biased or harsh.

Offline Dedalus

« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2019, 07:29:16 PM »
I have used the site for a long time. Not everyone reviews/rates the same way and I don't think they are biased at all. If that was the case, everyone would be of the same opinion. And you don't see that on the forums. Opinions differ a lot there.

I haven't been there for a couple of months because of the captcha check "I am not a robot" every time you want to send an answer. And then you often lose what you wrote because the captcha fails, so you have to copy it to be safe. That is why I don't use the forums much anymore.

But if you are interested in prog rock and derivatives, that site has always been a gold mine.

Most people there don't like the DT of today, so probably that's why you guys think they are biased or harsh.

IDK about the forums. I've never been there. But reviews/rates, I can say they're biased. The rates are very predictable btw. Reviews too, in a way.

But, I really agree with the bold part.