18 (31.6%)
Either one will do!
9 (15.8%)
I don't like either
2 (3.5%)
n/a - never tried
10 (17.5%)

Total Members Voted: 57

Author Topic: Costco food court  (Read 16785 times)

Offline jammindude

Re: Costco food court
« Reply #210 on: June 04, 2022, 03:08:15 PM »
Their hot dog/drink combo is the best budget lunch in existence afaic
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #211 on: June 04, 2022, 06:42:28 PM »
Won't argue that. Though I am displeased they no longer offer fresh chopped onions for the hot dogs - at least mine doesn't.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline pg1067

« Reply #212 on: June 05, 2022, 02:56:22 PM »
Sounds like a good deal, but every time I've had a warehouse club membership, I've ended up buying a bunch of stuff I otherwise wouldn't have bought.

Plus, I HATE auto-renew stuff.  I've had a Sam's Club membership for the past few years to buy stuff for my kid's marching band, and last time I renewed it (at the checkstand), it automatically did auto-renewal.  Initially, I thought it was one of those things where you had to make a phone call to cancel, but I was able to do it online.  I also had a "VIP" thing with a shoe store when I got some special walking shoes, and that was a "must call to cancel" thing.  Fortunately, I had to cancel my debit card because of some specific fraud, so I ended up not having to deal with it.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline Herrick

• Hello Mangs
« Reply #213 on: June 05, 2022, 03:25:01 PM »
Sounds like a good deal, but every time I've had a warehouse club membership, I've ended up buying a bunch of stuff I otherwise wouldn't have bought.

Plus, I HATE auto-renew stuff.  I've had a Sam's Club membership for the past few years to buy stuff for my kid's marching band, and last time I renewed it (at the checkstand), it automatically did auto-renewal.  Initially, I thought it was one of those things where you had to make a phone call to cancel, but I was able to do it online.  I also had a "VIP" thing with a shoe store when I got some special walking shoes, and that was a "must call to cancel" thing.  Fortunately, I had to cancel my debit card because of some specific fraud, so I ended up not having to deal with it.

I hate that some places can access the new card info when the old one gets cancelled.
DISPLAY thy Breasts, My Julia!

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #214 on: June 06, 2022, 06:18:56 AM »
Well, I decided to bump this thread. So I saw a Groupon where they were offering one year of a Costco Membership card for $60.00 (and added an incentive where after you get the card and set it up for renewal, you also get a $40.00 gift card and a promo for $40.00 off for orders over $250.00). 

So, I guess I'm off to Costco today see what's up with the food court and everything else that they have there.

How was your experience?

Online Anguyen92

« Reply #215 on: June 06, 2022, 08:32:16 AM »
It was pretty good.  I had the chicken bake and a coffee drink.  Good value.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #216 on: June 06, 2022, 10:53:31 AM »
We were Costco members, but the closest one was about a 30 minute drive.

They just recently opened a new one 10 minutes down the road.  WIN
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #217 on: June 06, 2022, 12:48:10 PM »
That groupon deal is great.  I did it a couple years ago.  However, I think this may be dfifferent for different costcos, but the ones here in NJ you don't need a membership to eat at the food court. 

Online Anguyen92

« Reply #218 on: June 06, 2022, 12:55:33 PM »
It may have been something that applied to California as far back as March 2020.  No matter, what's done is done on my end.

https://www.latimes.com/food/story/2020-03-03/costco-food-court-membership

Interesting quote in that article.  "The change will not affect Costco’s policy allowing non-members to purchase alcohol in its stores or use its pharmacy, which are mandated by state and federal law."

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #219 on: June 06, 2022, 08:41:11 PM »

We go to Costco maybe once every 2 months, and it is usually for toilet paper, paper towels, and a few other bulk items. But we cannot go there without my wife spending 30 minutes in the clothing section.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #220 on: June 06, 2022, 09:56:22 PM »

Pfft. For almost 2 years, we were making a 40 minute trip. Nov 2020 one opened 20 minutes away.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #221 on: June 06, 2022, 10:25:58 PM »

Pfft. For almost 2 years, we were making a 40 minute trip. Nov 2020 one opened 20 minutes away.
Luxury! I had to drive 2 hours to get there and 3 to get back, and by the time I got there their gas prices had gone up so much I had to return everything I bought just so I could afford to get back home.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #222 on: June 07, 2022, 08:55:44 AM »
There's a costco very close to my house.  Probably less than 10 minutes.  But there's a costco about 30 minutes away that sells the alcohol.  I usually go every 3 months to that one to stock up and almost never go to the one closer bcause I just don't need to go to costco more than once every 3 months or so.  There's another costco about 15 minutes from work that I will go to just for lunch too.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #223 on: June 25, 2023, 12:08:54 PM »
https://mynorthwest.com/3902116/costco-members-leave-mixed-reviews-for-newly-added-sushi/

Costco recently unveiled its newest item for the company’s famously-priced food court — sushi — which caused lines and wait times to grow nearly immediately as members wait to try the retailer’s latest cuisine.

Costco also unveiled a $9.99 roast beef sandwich earlier this year that appeared at a Costco store in Lynnwood.

I go to the Lynnwood store and don't recall seeing this on the menu last time I was there. I says "appeared" so maybe it was a temporary trial run.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #224 on: June 26, 2023, 11:39:51 AM »
https://mynorthwest.com/3902116/costco-members-leave-mixed-reviews-for-newly-added-sushi/

Costco recently unveiled its newest item for the company’s famously-priced food court — sushi — which caused lines and wait times to grow nearly immediately as members wait to try the retailer’s latest cuisine.

Costco also unveiled a $9.99 roast beef sandwich earlier this year that appeared at a Costco store in Lynnwood.

I go to the Lynnwood store and don't recall seeing this on the menu last time I was there. I says "appeared" so maybe it was a temporary trial run.
I didn't notice sushi at our Costco this weekend, but if I had seen it, no way would I have ordered it.

They did change out the Berry Smoothy for some kind of coffee drink.   :tdwn
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #225 on: June 26, 2023, 01:42:34 PM »
My local Costco sells pre-packaged sushi in the store all day everyday.  Only 2 different kinds of packs, and I've ordered it a couple of times.  It wasn't terrible.  It's fast, and it's inexpensive - which goes to prove the theory of that everyone has 3 service levels.

I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online Anguyen92

« Reply #226 on: June 26, 2023, 01:49:44 PM »
I've tried one of their pre-packaged sushi.  It wasn't great.  It almost turned me off sushi for a good while, which sucks, because I really like good fresh takeout sushi.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #227 on: June 26, 2023, 03:51:02 PM »
I haven't seen Costco sushi before but I also haven't looked for it. However, I did see a tiktok from one of the more popular sushi tiktokers that the frozen Kirkland salmon is pretty good and cheap to use for homemade sushi. I may try it one day with my gf.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #228 on: June 27, 2023, 04:27:09 AM »
I haven't seen Costco sushi before but I also haven't looked for it. However, I did see a tiktok from one of the more popular sushi tiktokers that the frozen Kirkland salmon is pretty good and cheap to use for homemade sushi. I may try it one day with my gf.

I had an old friend that told me he did that once. While slicing those fillets, he thought "this looks good enough to eat as sashimi".  Told me he just drizzled a little soy on a tiny slice, and gulped it down.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #229 on: June 27, 2023, 08:21:04 AM »

I had an old friend that told me he did that once. While slicing those fillets, he thought "this looks good enough to eat as sashimi".  Told me he just drizzled a little soy on a tiny slice, and gulped it down.

Apparently you should give it a salt water bath and dry it out and let it sit for a few hours before eating. (this was all new to me, I'm no expert here but we may try this soon)