18 (31.6%)
Either one will do!
9 (15.8%)
I don't like either
2 (3.5%)
n/a - never tried
10 (17.5%)

Total Members Voted: 57

Author Topic: Costco food court  (Read 16775 times)

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
Costco food court
« on: March 07, 2019, 12:34:33 PM »
Thought of this in planning for a certain concert where the venue is close to a Costco, and figuring out dinner options close to the venue.   :lol

The Costco "food court" is cheap.  And while I wouldn't want to eat there often, the food is surprisingly tasty for what it is.  I'm good to go with either the classic "hog dog & Coke" for a buck fifty or a slice of pepperoni pizza. 
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Samsara

• Queensr˙che Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Memory flows...like a river.
Re: Costco food court
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2019, 12:39:23 PM »
Get the pizza I told you about. Better than Costco.
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - At the printer! Out in May 2024!

Pre-order now at www.roadstomadness.com!

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2019, 12:40:42 PM »
Gah

Voted hot dog, but meant to vote Either.

Our local Costco is my GF and I's favorite "lets eat for super cheap tonight" stop for food. I am 50/50 on the hot dog vs pizza. My only issue is I am a fatty and will get 2 hot dogs, and wind up having no use for the extra drink cup. I've asked before if they could just not give me the second drink cup, and I was told that they HAVE to. :JayOctavarium:

I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2019, 12:46:13 PM »
Hot dog by a mile. Costco puts the ball of dough on a press and flattens it out in the pizza shape. This squeezes all the air bubbles out of it, which completely ruins the pizza IMO.

Also, you forgot their churros. I usually grab a dog and a churro when I'm there.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2019, 12:53:22 PM »
I've never been a big churro guy.  Not that I dislike them.  But for the calories, if given the option of a churro or something else, there's usually something else I prefer.  I can't recall if I've ever tried the ones there.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Samsara

• Queensr˙che Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Memory flows...like a river.
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2019, 12:56:20 PM »
I've never been a big churro guy.  Not that I dislike them.  But for the calories, if given the option of a churro or something else, there's usually something else I prefer.  I can't recall if I've ever tried the ones there.

I will never understand the love of churros. I mean, yeah, sugar, fried stuff, its good. But gimme an ice cream bar. Or anything chocolate.
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - At the printer! Out in May 2024!

Pre-order now at www.roadstomadness.com!

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2019, 01:05:00 PM »
I love their pizza

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2019, 01:06:04 PM »
I have no idea if this is correct or not, but it's correct.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2019, 01:13:40 PM »
:lol

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2019, 01:18:47 PM »

I will never understand the love of churros. I mean, yeah, sugar, fried stuff, its good. But gimme an ice cream bar. Or anything chocolate.

Costco is actually the only place I've ever gotten a churro. For all I know, that's not even what a churro is supposed to taste like. If I based my pizza worldview solely on my experience at Costco, I would say I hate pizza.

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2019, 01:32:02 PM »
I FORGOT ABOUT THE CHURROS

Costco's churros are bomb.
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2019, 01:55:37 PM »
I usually get the chicken bake thing, wife gets a hot dog, kid gets pizza. Though I do opt for the hot dog occasionally. It is quite good and paired with a soda for $1.50 there's nothing to complain about. I especially like how they offer chopped onions as a condiment. Don't see that often.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline pg1067

« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2019, 04:07:57 PM »

Cinnamon kicks chocolate's ass six ways to Sunday (although it's worth noting that there are places where you can get a churro with chocolate dipping sauce).

As for the poll, I have to abstain for lack of knowledge (and, in the case of the hot dog, a general disdain for hot dogs other than at a sporting event or those with a natural casing that snaps when you bite into it).
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2019, 04:12:11 PM »
I can't believe I haven't tried their Churros yet. Definitely gonna get some next time I have the chance.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2019, 04:14:17 PM »
Cinnamon kicks chocolate's ass six ways to Sunday

Actually, no.  I've seen them fight, and can tell you from personal knowledge that cinnamon fights like a girl.

What is interesting to me is that practically the ONLY churros you ever see are cinnamon.  I think most people assume that there aren't any other types.  :lol

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2019, 07:58:43 PM »
Thought of this in planning for a certain concert where the venue is close to a Costco, and figuring out dinner options close to the venue.   :lol

The Costco "food court" is cheap.  And while I wouldn't want to eat there often, the food is surprisingly tasty for what it is.  I'm good to go with either the classic "hog dog & Coke" for a buck fifty or a slice of pepperoni pizza. 

Gee, I didn't know you were some baked pimply teenager.

Costco Food Court for a concert meal?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2019, 08:30:23 PM »
Ironically, I had a hot dog and Mountain Dew for dinner - $1.50 CAD!!!

Their pizza sucks.

The wings looked good though- but for $7, I couldn't justify it.  I mean, $1.50 for a dog and pop??  Can't beat it.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2019, 09:03:44 PM »
Love the dogs.   I don't mind the pizza (but fair enough, for me you have to go some to screw up pizza). 

I like their frozen yogurt or softserve or whatever the heck that is.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2019, 02:47:37 AM »
No option for both?

For under 4 bucks you get a slice of pizza, hot dog and drink - which is also extremely filling.  That's my go to at costco.

I like the sandwich and chicken bake too, but that's not as often what I get.

Online lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2019, 05:45:12 AM »
I'm not a big hot dog guy. I always get the pizza. It's not fantastic, but it's good enough for the price.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2019, 05:49:24 AM »
Love the dogs.   I don't mind the pizza (but fair enough, for me you have to go some to screw up pizza). 

I like their frozen yogurt or softserve or whatever the heck that is.

In the summer, if I'm at Costcoin Waterbury and crave a dog, I just remind myself that Blackies is right down the street.

Offline Implode

• Lord of the Squids
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2019, 08:16:45 AM »
Can I get a hot dog without a coke?

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2019, 09:13:38 AM »
Can I get a hot dog without a coke?

They just give you a huge cup. I always fill mine with water.

Offline Implode

• Lord of the Squids
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2019, 09:17:24 AM »
I'd totally get a dog with water. Usually get hot dogs at Home Depot too.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2019, 09:28:31 AM »
They had hot dogs at Home Depot?  ???

Well, you'll be happy to know that we actually did both.  There was an accident on the Bay Bridge that delayed us, so when we got there, we hit Costco for the fast & cheap so we could hurry up and go get in line for the show to get in and get a good spot.  Even though we were starved, we just kept it to one slice each and a water (S.F. with their stupid sugar soda tax drove Costco to not have anything but water and diet Coke at their fountain! >:( ).  So then we stopped at that pizza joint after the show and grabbed a hot slice there.  GREAT recommendation, by the way.  Even the New Yorker I was with couldn't complain.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2019, 09:29:17 AM »
Yea I stopped drinking soda so I'll either fill it with water or get like a lemonade or something if I am feeling that.  Or I just give the cup to whoever is with me so they can have a drink and I'll ask for a cup for water.  Or they just have the 25 cent bottles from the vending machine if thats more your thing.

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2019, 09:31:58 AM »
The real question is...

What concert were you seeing?

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2019, 09:32:27 AM »
The real question is...

Neal Morse Band.

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2019, 09:41:04 AM »
The real question is...

Neal Morse Band.

Never heard of them.

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2019, 10:04:43 AM »
Yea I stopped drinking soda so I'll either fill it with water or get like a lemonade or something if I am feeling that.  Or I just give the cup to whoever is with me so they can have a drink and I'll ask for a cup for water.  Or they just have the 25 cent bottles from the vending machine if thats more your thing.
Y'all are kind of at a disadvantage in that fresh brewed tea doesn't seem to be a thing up there. It's ubiquitous down here, along with lemonade, so I'm generally an Arnold Palmer kind of guy at the soda fountain. Barring that I hope that the soda fountain dispenses plain fizzy water. Soda water with a squirt of lime is my usual non-alcoholic dinner time drink.

I'd totally get a dog with water. Usually get hot dogs at Home Depot too.
I don't generally go in for hotdogs, but those things tempt me every time I'm there. They just smell so damned good.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2019, 10:06:59 AM »
I've never seen a hot dog at a Home Depot. The one near me has a half-assed Dunkin' outside it.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #31 on: March 08, 2019, 10:07:44 AM »
Y'all are kind of at a disadvantage in that fresh brewed tea doesn't seem to be a thing up there. It's ubiquitous down here, along with lemonade, so I'm generally an Arnold Palmer kind of guy at the soda fountain. Barring that I hope that the soda fountain dispenses plain fizzy water. Soda water with a squirt of lime is my usual non-alcoholic dinner time drink.

You southerners and your fresh tea  :lol I'm really not a big fan of tea unless it has lots of sweetener in it and at that point I might as well just pass on it for my own being.  I'm aware that iced tea is much better than up north anyway, but still not my cup of tea

Offline Implode

• Lord of the Squids
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #32 on: March 08, 2019, 10:09:07 AM »

I've never seen a hot dog at a Home Depot. The one near me has a half-assed Dunkin' outside it.

They do around here! There's always a little hot dog stand in the main vestibule. They are delicious.

I don't generally go in for hotdogs, but those things tempt me every time I'm there. They just smell so damned good.

They taste damn good too. There are few better snacks than a Chicago hot dog.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #33 on: March 08, 2019, 10:11:20 AM »

They do around here! There's always a little hot dog stand in the main vestibule. They are delicious.

They taste damn good too. There are few better snacks than a Chicago hot dog.
Yep, any HD down here has a tiny Mexican woman with a cart out in front of the place. Usually they're bacon-wrapped, which makes them smell even better.
E.F. Benson

Offline Implode

• Lord of the Squids
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #34 on: March 08, 2019, 10:14:01 AM »
Sounds great. I want fewer Starbucks and Subways in stores and more hot dog stands!