Author Topic: Hotel recommendations near Tower Theater/Upper Darby?  (Read 692 times)

Offline zappafrank2112

Hotel recommendations near Tower Theater/Upper Darby?
« on: March 06, 2019, 10:51:24 AM »
A friend and I will be making the trek to see the show at the Tower Theater in Upper Darby, so I wanted to ping the locals to see if you have any recommendations for hotels near the area.

Also, is the venue easily accessible via buses, or will we likely need to drive to the venue?

TIA!

Offline DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: Hotel recommendations near Tower Theater/Upper Darby?
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2019, 12:57:00 PM »
I'll start with this (just in case)

https://www.google.com/maps/search/Hotels/@39.9614499,-75.2941878,13z/data=!4m8!2m7!3m6!1sHotels!2sLudlow+St+%26+S+69th+St,+Upper+Darby,+PA+19082!3s0x89c6c13004e636d3:0xa2e7800e3cb340fd!4m2!1d-75.2589325!2d39.9611539

The picture on that page has a bus in front of the location, so you're in luck depending on where you are staying. The venue is not located in the greatest area, and I have no experience with any of the local hotels.  My wife and I always stayed near the airport on our visits (other than an expensive downtown weekend).

Saw them during the ToT and BC&SL tours up there.  If you do drive (and don't take a bus or Lyft), get there an hour or more before the show.  Parking is very limited, though you will have an advantage of the concert being on a Saturday night.

(this thread may end up showing up in the 'concerts' subforum some time soon.....)
...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2019, 03:22:09 AM »
My first DT show was there, and I may end up coming down for this as well.  What I remember, I was able to park there and I arrived late, there was a parking deck I paid for.  The local area is not good at all, I'd say it's best not to stay too close.  Uber is always a solid option these days, it wasn't when I went, but you may also be able to take a bus and or subway there, I'm not sure.

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2019, 05:06:00 AM »
I’m having the same issue. I was going to do AirBnB but I waited too long. I might have to just drive back to NYC after the show unless I find a near by place really soon. Hotels in the center of the city are ridiculous.
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline frogprog

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2019, 05:57:12 PM »
https://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/phlav-courtyard-philadelphia-city-avenue/?scid=bb1a189a-fec3-4d19-a255-54ba596febe2
Here is one link to a courtyard mariott, but there are a few right around that location. Much better area than around the tower theater. This is probably a 15 minute uber drive to the show and not far from center city phila. As mentioned, i would NOT stay in upper Darby near the venue.
Hope this helps! See you there!
Frogprog

Offline ytserush

• Like clockwork...
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2019, 04:44:04 PM »
Still debating the car/subway thing myself. 

Oddly enough, that's one of the few area venues I've never visited.