Author Topic: Box Set Delayed  (Read 4335 times)

Offline The Letter M

Re: Box Set Delayed
« Reply #35 on: March 05, 2019, 06:54:14 PM »
My box set came in, in pretty much perfect condition, and I LOVE IT. Everything looks and feels great, the art book is chock full of great art and interesting interviews, and the extras are a nice touch, especially the pin and art cards.

If anyone is curious, I received number 528 out of 3500. Heh, 5 and 8... #nuggetz

Edit - here's a pic from my IG showing off the new set with the other DT box sets. This one is by far the best and heaviest! The sheer physical weight really surprised me!
https://www.instagram.com/markymarc413/p/Bupk3eghrYU/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=arilt0odrjyq

-Marc.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2019, 12:52:46 AM by The Letter M »
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline countoftuscany42

« Reply #36 on: March 06, 2019, 11:43:13 AM »
They could have charted higher if they got this shit in order. Sad for us but also sad for the band.
If you preordered it, a delay would have zero impact on chart position.

I know theres a difference between items actually sold and items shipped but I've had neither yet so I cant see how it wouldn't negatively impact sales
Maybe I’m confused by what you’re trying to say. All of these delays shouldn’t affect chart position, because the first weeks numbers heavily rely on preorders. So whether you preordered the album 2 months ago or 2 weeks ago, that sale will count toward first week’s sales, even if you don’t receive your album in release week. If the issue is about InsideOut getting their inventory to retailers like Best Buy and independent stores on time for decent release week sales, then there would be an impact. Either way, #5 is an impressive achievement for the band  :tup

Offline goo-goo

« Reply #37 on: March 06, 2019, 11:48:26 AM »
For sales, it doesn't matter how many purchases/pre-orders were made. The sales counts as how many units the label shifted to retail stores. The retail stores purchased those units. So in theory, yes, the lack of units in amazon (orders being delayed) may have affected the charts. But let's say if Amazon ordered 10k CDs and only got 5k, then the 10k counts towards the charts (not the 5k, even though 5k units were not fulfilled).

Offline Madman Shepherd

« Reply #38 on: March 06, 2019, 12:11:46 PM »
That's not my understanding but admittedly I may be incorrect. What you're referring to is how gold/platinum certification is figured. If Guns N' Roses has 500,000 units shipped to stores, but only 100,000 are sold, it is declared gold.  I believe charts rely on soundscan numbers which count the actual number of albums sold, upc scanned, monetary exchange, etc. Of course that in and of itself is difficult because not all record stores are attached to a soundscan system so they used to have guidelines that 1 CD sold at Best Buy actually accounted for 3 to make up for all the small shops that don't report.

Some online retailers charge you the second you preorder. Amazon doesn't. Honestly, I'm not sure if any of us knows exactly how this is figured anymore since the industry has been upended.

Online Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #39 on: March 08, 2019, 07:48:24 PM »
Can we make this thread about The Boxset?

I got 3304 of 3500...haha ordered just in time.

Its really nice. Like the Pale Blue Dot/Viper King vinyl.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #40 on: March 08, 2019, 08:36:41 PM »

Nice, almost under the wire! As noted above, I got 528 out of 3500. I'm glad it's a bit more limited this time, and the amount of extras included REALLY made it worth the $120 I spent on it. Compare that to the box sets for ADTOE and DT12, which didn't have much but cost me A LOT more, I feel like the Roadrunner sets were a bit of a rip-off in retrospect, especially considering how NOT limited they were (I think at least 10,000 each were made. I know BC&SL had 14,000 made and those sets were discounted by half or more at some point, though at least BC&SL had the stems DVD).

I really love the art cards, the pin, and the picture disc. Of course, the art book is full of great art and pictures, and I really enjoy the words from the band in the back.

THIS is how you do an album box set! :tup

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Online Ben_Jamin

« Reply #41 on: March 08, 2019, 10:16:44 PM »

Nice, almost under the wire! As noted above, I got 528 out of 3500. I'm glad it's a bit more limited this time, and the amount of extras included REALLY made it worth the $120 I spent on it. Compare that to the box sets for ADTOE and DT12, which didn't have much but cost me A LOT more, I feel like the Roadrunner sets were a bit of a rip-off in retrospect, especially considering how NOT limited they were (I think at least 10,000 each were made. I know BC&SL had 14,000 made and those sets were discounted by half or more at some point, though at least BC&SL had the stems DVD).

I really love the art cards, the pin, and the picture disc. Of course, the art book is full of great art and pictures, and I really enjoy the words from the band in the back.

THIS is how you do an album box set! :tup

-Marc.

It really is. I finished watching the Animations. I bet they'll use these when they play them live.

I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man

Online Ben_Jamin

« Reply #42 on: March 09, 2019, 03:19:45 PM »
Well I opened up my Vinyls to see the pretty white vinyls. They have some black spots and stains on them. I don't have a record player to see if it effects the playback, but that sucks.

Offline ytserush

• Like clockwork...
« Reply #43 on: March 10, 2019, 05:07:36 PM »
I see today the artbook edition is back in stock on Amazon and marked as March 15th release date. Another 10 days wait I can handle.

Finally got an email about that. I'm not expecting it to arrive until a day or two later given the current track record.

Offline Madman Shepherd

« Reply #44 on: March 13, 2019, 07:19:40 AM »
Well, my artbook finally shipped from Amazon.

Thanks Roadrunner, I mean Inside Out

Offline Fritzinger

« Reply #45 on: March 13, 2019, 08:54:46 AM »
Well, my artbook finally shipped from Amazon.

Thanks Roadrunner, I mean Inside Out

Really bummed that InsideOut fucked that up, I have never heard of ANY problems with something like that whatsoever. I was actually happy when DT went into a contract with them, because of just that.
any rock can be made to roll

Offline RaiseTheKnife

« Reply #46 on: March 13, 2019, 06:35:29 PM »
At last Century Media has replied to my query saying that the art book is in the final stages of fulfillment and shipping soon. 

Offline faizoff

« Reply #47 on: March 13, 2019, 07:49:13 PM »
My theory is that InsideOut just didn't get all the orders/preorders printed in time for the artbook/deluxe edition and just decided to internally push the street date to the 15th March.

My artbook should arrive on the 15th as per Amazon.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline ytserush

• Like clockwork...
« Reply #48 on: March 19, 2019, 06:54:18 PM »
I see today the artbook edition is back in stock on Amazon and marked as March 15th release date. Another 10 days wait I can handle.

Finally got an email about that. I'm not expecting it to arrive until a day or two later given the current track record.

Finally showed up on Sunday of all days.  Great package and worth the wait.