7 (31.8%)
Bad Omen
0 (0%)
I Ain't Superstitious
0 (0%)
My Last Words
3 (13.6%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Author Topic: POLL: Your favorite track from Megadeth's "Peace Sells... but Who's Buying?"  (Read 1223 times)

Offline WildRanger

Which one?

Good Mourning/Black Friday for me. It's musically insane.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
It’s easily My Last  Words. My 2nd favorite Megadeth track.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline DTA

Online Grappler

• Victory, Illinois Varsity
My Last Words

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
Good Mourning/Black Friday for me. It's musically insane.

What do you even mean with 'musically insane'?
If you fail to ever explain what that sort of thing means, it becomes a meaningless term.

I just listened to that track, and it was alright. Quite impressive, but nothing that made me think 'this is insane!' I got bored of it around the end, where that same riff gets repeated for about a minute and Dave Mustaine yells 'paint the devil on the wall' (I actually had to look that up, it was intelligible) as if he's out of breath.
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline kirksnosehair

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Bryce & Kylie's Grandpa
Meh, this is a highly overrated Megadeth album. 

That said, My Last Words is the best track on the album

Offline WildRanger

Name better Megadeth albums apart from Rust in Peace.

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
I went with Wake Up Dead, but that's largely out of nostalgia. If you were around when that was new it was something of a game changer. It's also a fantastic live song. Black Friday is excellent, as is MLW. Of those it'd be a tough call.

Also:
RiP is highly overrated. It begins and ends very well, but nothing in between really floats my boat.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline DTA

Cryptic Writings and So Far So Good...So What blow them both away

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
SFSGSW is my favorite Megadeth album.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline kirksnosehair

• DTF.org Alumni

<insert pretty much any Megadeth album here>

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Nah Barry, Rust In Peace is still excellent. You don't care for it?

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
I'm partial to Wake Up Dead too, but to be fair, I haven't listened to this album in a long time.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline kirksnosehair

• DTF.org Alumni

He said "apart from Rust in Peace"

To me "Rust In Peace" is the Megadeth album by which all other Megadeth albums are measured.  It's a fucking masterpiece.  The only album in their catalog that holds a candle to it is the one that directly followed it, "Countdown To Extinction" - I think they kind of got boring after that, although I thought Dystopia was a nice return to that Rust in Peace style.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

He said "apart from Rust in Peace"

To me "Rust In Peace" is the Megadeth album by which all other Megadeth albums are measured.  It's a fucking masterpiece.  The only album in their catalog that holds a candle to it is the one that directly followed it, "Countdown To Extinction" - I think they kind of got boring after that, although I thought Dystopia was a nice return to that Rust in Peace style.

Um...nevermind, my English isn't too good. :lol

Offline kirksnosehair

• DTF.org Alumni
Did you like "Dystopia" Tim?  I listened to it yesterday and other than the Emperor Has No Clothes song I think it's pretty solid

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Did you like "Dystopia" Tim?  I listened to it yesterday and other than the Emperor Has No Clothes song I think it's pretty solid

Dystopia is fantastic!
I've loved everything since (and including) The System Has Failed. I think the only speedbump in the run is Thirteen.

I do rate Endgame higher, and maybe United Abominations, but Dystopia slays!

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Endgame has climbed my rankings, all thanks to Tim.

I still really love TSHF when it comes to later era Megadeth.  Love that album and Poland rips.

Offline kirksnosehair

• DTF.org Alumni
hmm, I never really played Endgame more than once or twice, maybe I'll give it another try

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
hmm, I never really played Endgame more than once or twice, maybe I'll give it another try

This was me before Tim told me how much he rated it and urged me to give it another go.  It slays dude.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

This was me before Tim told me how much he rated it and urged me to give it another go.  It slays dude.

:metal

My favorite album by them is SFSGSW, and I found Dialectic Chaos /This Day We Fight to be a great call back to Into The Lungs Of Hell/Set The World On Fire.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

:metal

My favorite album by them is SFSGSW, and I found Dialectic Chaos /This Day We Fight to be a great call back to Into The Lungs Of Hell/Set The World On Fire.

Yeah,  I thought that immediately too.

Offline TheCountOfNYC

The three that stand out to me are Wake Up Dead, Peace Sells, and Good Mouring/Black Friday, but I’ll give the nod to the title track here.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline kirksnosehair

• DTF.org Alumni

I listened to it this morning at the gym.  I'm afraid I still don't like it much, though.  I had to fight the urge to turn it off and move on to something else and that's exactly the same reaction I have every time I listen to it, same with United Abominations and 13 - all in all for me over the years I have found about 50% of Megadeth's output to be really great and the other 50% to be somewhere between "decent and ugh" 

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Your 50/50 split is fair.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

I listened to it this morning at the gym.  I'm afraid I still don't like it much, though.  I had to fight the urge to turn it off and move on to something else and that's exactly the same reaction I have every time I listen to it, same with United Abominations and 13 - all in all for me over the years I have found about 50% of Megadeth's output to be really great and the other 50% to be somewhere between "decent and ugh"

13 is shit.

Offline kirksnosehair

• DTF.org Alumni
Yeah, Megadeth have had a very uneven career.  I think all the best albums are the ones with Marty Friedman on guitar, but I don't think the Marty Friedman albums are the only good ones.   With Mustaine I just think Friedman is the secret sauce.

ALL of Megadeth's best selling albums "Rust In Peace," "Countdown To Extinction" and "Youthanasia" have Friedman on them and I do NOT think that's a happy coincidence, I think he brings something to the table that Mustain lacks, specifically, the ability to play a coherent, melodic and interesting guitar solo. 

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
I'll add Cryptic Writings in their too, I love that one.

Offline kirksnosehair

• DTF.org Alumni
You know, I don't believe I've ever heard a single note of that album.  Is that the one with the song "Breadline" on it?

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
You know, I don't believe I've ever heard a single note of that album.  Is that the one with the song "Breadline" on it?

No, that's Risk.  Risk is slammed but I enjoyed that one too.  Cd's has Trust, She-Wolf, Secret Place, great album.

Offline kirksnosehair

• DTF.org Alumni
I'll check it out

Offline DoctorAction

• Everyday Glory
Peace Sells was a big record for me when it came out, although I don't like the band, generally. Black Friday and My Last Words are arguably better songs but I went with Wake Up Dead as it's the MD I always reach for.

The filthy, fucked up vibe is pretty great. I read Mustaine's bio and the event to which they were out of their minds while making this album is pretty remarkable.

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
I can't really say I'm a Megadeth fan, though I like Mustaine generally.  I have Cryptic Writings and I really like it; I also LOVE the song "A Tout le Monde".   I've heard PS...BWB, but I'm sort of indifferent on it generally.

Offline WildRanger

I can't really say I'm a Megadeth fan, though I like Mustaine generally.  I have Cryptic Writings and I really like it; I also LOVE the song "A Tout le Monde".   I've heard PS...BWB, but I'm sort of indifferent on it generally.

You're not a thrash fan in general?

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!

You're not a thrash fan in general?

Nope.  I like Metallica, but mostly after James started to sing (read: The Black Album).  I wrote about Megadeth.  I think Anthrax and Slayer are minor league, frankly.