Author Topic: The TAC Anonymous Roulette v.3 Opposites Attract Blue Balls Have Been Relieved  (Read 138386 times)

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
Re: The TAC Anonymous Roulette v.3 Opposites Attract HangSUN!
« Reply #1225 on: March 23, 2019, 04:15:38 PM »
sent for round 6 as well, maybe i'll just go ahead and send all my rounds ahead of time so i don't get sniped like i did with round 5  :corn

Have you seen my score? It's part of the roulette really. Basically all songs that got scored were not my first choices to send. I think it's not really cool to send stuff ahead of time, especially since bands can get banned when someone else sends them a) first or b) in an earlier round.
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #1226 on: March 23, 2019, 04:46:38 PM »
I agree tbh
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline Kwyjibo

• Worse troll than Blabbermouth
« Reply #1227 on: March 23, 2019, 05:15:30 PM »
Not a Marillion fan, TAC?

I have three of their 80’s albums.

Script is awesome!!!
Misplaced I have no opinion of.
Straws  blows.

Anything else by them would be fair game.

I had the impression that Marillion was a no go for you, okay I'm partly wrong, but my third and last song with white in the title would be White Russian and that's from Clutching At Straws.
Must've been Kwyji sending all the wrong songs.   ;D

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1228 on: March 23, 2019, 06:04:43 PM »
Do you have a fourth choice? :lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1229 on: March 23, 2019, 06:12:47 PM »
So here's my take on sending early...

I do it. So I'm OK with it.  Everyone had the themes in the OP. If you think you have a song that fits a theme, by all means, get it in. With people literally all over the world in this, it's not fair to wait to send until I post results when Kwyjibo is sleeping, but Puppies is online.

We are in Round 4. If say..Parama sends something early for Round 7, but Elite sends it in Round 6, Elite trumps and Parama has to resend.

would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1230 on: March 23, 2019, 06:38:18 PM »
A freaking ton of good stuff on both sides. I going through the MOON songs for a second time, and there's going to be some tough choices here, with even tougher ones for the SUN songs.

Because of the Stacking, some very good songs will likely not get the scores they anticipated.

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
« Reply #1231 on: March 23, 2019, 06:40:53 PM »
We are in Round 4. If say..Parama sends something early for Round 7, but Elite sends it in Round 6, Elite trumps and Parama has to resend.
yeah i mean obviously since i'm sending it to stadler i would assume he won't send it along to you just yet anyways, until after the previous round is done

Offline King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!
  • DTF.org Member
  • AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!
« Reply #1232 on: March 23, 2019, 06:43:10 PM »
A freaking ton of good stuff on both sides. I going through the MOON songs for a second time, and there's going to be some tough choices here, with even tougher ones for the SUN songs.

Because of the Stacking, some very good songs will likely not get the scores they anticipated.
Since no cuts are taking place, it's good enough for me that you enjoy something new you hadn't heard before, regardless of the score it gets.
aka Puppies_On_Acid
My last.fm | My Rate Your Music Page
Quote from: Podaar
King's Photoshop powers are akin to a three year old cutting faces out of photographs with the edge of a dull spoon and pasting them in place with garden shovel full of Gorilla Glue.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1233 on: March 23, 2019, 06:52:27 PM »
Yeah, Pup, I am personally dead set against cuts. That is my first rule of hosting a roulette.

What kind of party host am I if I throw three people out at 8pm, three more at 9pm, etc...

yeah i mean obviously since i'm sending it to stadler i would assume he won't send it along to you just yet anyways, until after the previous round is done

Right, Stadler is sending me nothing early. I've been basically getting the songs in two batch groupings which is good.

And by sending early, you are reserving a band for a future round, which is moot should someone send it in a preceeding round. But it's cool. Especially with themes, I, too, like to send early.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1234 on: March 23, 2019, 06:57:47 PM »

Since no cuts are taking place, it's good enough for me that you enjoy something new you hadn't heard before, regardless of the score it gets.

I totally appreciate that.

• AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!
  • DTF.org Member
  • AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!
« Reply #1235 on: March 23, 2019, 08:59:10 PM »

I mean to me that's the spirit of roulettes. The only reason I had cuts in my roulette was because I knew I might get burnt out on listening to 12 albums constantly every week. If I had to run another roulette it would probably be similar to Parama's current roulette. Fewer rounds and fewer people.
aka Puppies_On_Acid
King's Photoshop powers are akin to a three year old cutting faces out of photographs with the edge of a dull spoon and pasting them in place with garden shovel full of Gorilla Glue.

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
Re: The TAC Anonymous Roulette v.3 Opposites Attract Moon/Sun Listening
« Reply #1236 on: March 23, 2019, 10:25:59 PM »
it'd be completely infeasible for me to do 10-12 EPs every round and anyways i don't think cumulative scoring with a total of 4 rounds is a very smart idea tbh  :lol

• AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!
  • DTF.org Member
  • AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!
« Reply #1237 on: March 23, 2019, 10:47:50 PM »
it'd be completely infeasible for me to do 10-12 EPs every round and anyways i don't think cumulative scoring with a total of 4 rounds is a very smart idea tbh  :lol
True
aka Puppies_On_Acid

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1238 on: March 24, 2019, 01:27:35 PM »

I mean to me that's the spirit of roulettes. The only reason I had cuts in my roulette was because I knew I might get burnt out on listening to 12 albums constantly every week. If I had to run another roulette it would probably be similar to Parama's current roulette. Fewer rounds and fewer people.

12 albums in one go would be brutal.

Last year when thinking about doing my 3rd roulette, I was stumped on how to do it. I definitely wanted to do an EP roulette. I even PM'd J Boy and Kingshmegland to bounce some ideas off of them.
My thought was of having 2 divisions of 6 people each for 3 rounds, and then the Top 3 in each division would advance for the final three rounds.
But I was having trouble figuring out how to do it. Like what are the 2nd 6 people doing while I listened to the first 6. It didn't  make any sense.  :lol

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1239 on: March 24, 2019, 01:28:24 PM »
On my 3rd listen to the MOON songs. Starting to scratch out some rankings. Some really tight calls.

• AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!
  • DTF.org Member
  • AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!
« Reply #1240 on: March 24, 2019, 01:34:18 PM »

12 albums in one go would be brutal.

Last year when thinking about doing my 3rd roulette, I was stumped on how to do it. I definitely wanted to do an EP roulette. I even PM'd J Boy and Kingshmegland to bounce some ideas off of them.
My thought was of having 2 divisions of 6 people each for 3 rounds, and then the Top 3 in each division would advance for the final three rounds.
But I was having trouble figuring out how to do it. Like what are the 2nd 6 people doing while I listened to the first 6. It didn't  make any sense.  :lol
The other six are heckling the rest while they wait  :lol
aka Puppies_On_Acid

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #1241 on: March 24, 2019, 02:01:37 PM »
the other 6 are working on their EPs

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1242 on: March 24, 2019, 02:09:34 PM »
Yeah, I suppose that'd be true.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #1243 on: March 24, 2019, 02:30:42 PM »
It's fun but we would all need to be patient.   I know Rich ran one but he had to listen to them all 24/7 with a newborn.  Very tough.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #1244 on: March 24, 2019, 02:50:02 PM »
yeah i'm not doing an album roulette again, it's way too time-consuming to try and keep up with augh

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1245 on: March 24, 2019, 06:16:26 PM »
Just finished the MOON writeups. The top 6 were easy to slot, but the bottom 6 are pretty tough. Some good songs getting jobbed here.

It's gonna be worse next round.

I have to loosen a couple of logjams, but the MOON results will be posted tomorrow when I get home from work.

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #1246 on: March 24, 2019, 06:18:05 PM »
 :corn

on that note i guess i should post my results now

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1247 on: March 24, 2019, 06:40:53 PM »
Pretty sure this will be the MOON rankings by First Impression:

"This is fucking cool."

"Excellent"

"Best George Thorogood song he never released."

"This is a strong tune. I can see why you sent it."

"I'm sure it was pure coincidence that I am listening to this at the same time I take my insulin each night."

"This was better. A bit too long though."

"Not sure this will stick out. You're likely to be disappointed with its score."

"This was..um..solid."

"Holy motherfucker! What in the fuck? I like it!"

"Geez, I got up and grabbed a beer and this song was still playing!"

"Not sure this will stick out. You're likely to be disappointed with its score."

"It was OK. Gonna need some more listens."

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #1248 on: March 24, 2019, 06:43:10 PM »
:metal :metal :metal

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1249 on: March 24, 2019, 06:43:41 PM »
:metal :metal :metal

Apparently is was NOT OK.. :lol

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1250 on: March 24, 2019, 06:47:09 PM »
Maybe this is the round I get my first place score.  :corn
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1251 on: March 24, 2019, 06:51:21 PM »
There is no way you sent the first place song. No way!

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #1252 on: March 24, 2019, 06:53:52 PM »
confirmed: first place has growls

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1253 on: March 24, 2019, 07:11:41 PM »
There is no way you sent the first place song. No way!

Well fuck, it was fun while it lasted  :lol

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1254 on: March 24, 2019, 07:41:44 PM »
 :lol

Offline Kwyjibo

• Worse troll than Blabbermouth
« Reply #1255 on: March 24, 2019, 11:50:08 PM »
Pretty sure I know which one is mine and I could totally live with that score.  :metal
Must've been Kwyji sending all the wrong songs.   ;D

Offline Indiscipline

• Ponce
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Apply IMO --->
« Reply #1256 on: March 25, 2019, 05:07:50 AM »
Mine's definitely the beer grabbing one. Cheers.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1257 on: March 25, 2019, 05:19:25 AM »
I’d be surprised. That’s not the one I have you down for.

Gonna pass the results on to Stadler at lunch time. Last time I waited, he was out having mojitos.

Online Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1258 on: March 25, 2019, 06:50:27 AM »
I think I'll be disappointed in the score. Was torn between two songs to send, picked one, but the hangman featured the other one. :lol So after a chat with Stadler, I decided to go with the one Tim included in the hangman.
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1259 on: March 25, 2019, 06:59:35 AM »
I think I'll be disappointed in the score. Was torn between two songs to send, picked one, but the hangman featured the other one. :lol So after a chat with Stadler, I decided to go with the one Tim included in the hangman.

Yeah, my bad for not listing them in the banned list. I thought for sure I had them on my iPod.

I have three of their albums and coincidentally, that song was on an early version of my Indiscipline EP.