Author Topic: DTF Chat Thread v.BrexitMeansBrexit  (Read 291162 times)

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: DTF Chat Thread v.BrexitMeansBrexit
« Reply #5075 on: October 20, 2023, 08:12:48 AM »
My boss had shingles and said it was miserable.  I honestly don't know much about it, but yeah, from all acounts, it sounds bad.  Hope you get well soon Chris

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5076 on: October 20, 2023, 08:28:18 AM »
It started out as what i thought was a rash or weird acne breakout on my forehead. A couple days later when my eye started to swell shut I knew it was something worse. Oddly it never hurt. My forehead looked like hamburger and my eye looked like it took a punch in a bar brawl for a few days, then it started getting better. The worst thing was going out in public. I wore a bandana across my forehead to cover up the worst of it.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5077 on: October 20, 2023, 08:50:35 AM »
It started out as what i thought was a rash or weird acne breakout on my forehead. A couple days later when my eye started to swell shut I knew it was something worse. Oddly it never hurt. My forehead looked like hamburger and my eye looked like it took a punch in a bar brawl for a few days, then it started getting better. The worst thing was going out in public. I wore a bandana across my forehead to cover up the worst of it.

I hope you got some good pictures then  :lol

I had surgery on my forehead to remove a lipoma, the day after my entire face was like drooping from the blood under my skin apparently.  I made sure to get a picture of easily the worst I've ever looked in my life  :lol  I've only shown it to a few people.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5078 on: October 21, 2023, 10:24:47 AM »
I looked as bad I can ever remember. I felt awful walking my kid in to her school every morning. I wore a bandanna all day, and only took it off right before bed, I wouldn't even let my wife see the worst of it. Incidentally, a couple people said they liked the bandanna look and thought it suited me.

Two weekends ago was the worst of it, and now you have to look close to see anything amiss.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #5079 on: October 23, 2023, 11:33:14 AM »
I got the shingles vaccine earlier this year.  Two shots, about six months apart.

Both of them made me feel like shit afterwards, but I am now allegedly 99% likely not ever going to get shingles.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #5080 on: October 23, 2023, 12:16:33 PM »
I got the shingles vaccine earlier this year.  Two shots, about six months apart.

Both of them made me feel like shit afterwards, but I am now allegedly 99% likely not ever going to get shingles.

Same.  I think the first one was the one that made me feel like shit.  2nd one not as much.

Totally worth it though.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #5081 on: October 23, 2023, 12:39:32 PM »

I need to get my second shot.  That 1st one was brutal.  My arm was so sore compared to other shots. 
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #5082 on: October 24, 2023, 06:56:04 AM »
I felt worse after the second.  I had to take a day or 2 off work.

I couldn't even smoke a cigar!
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline XJDenton

• What a shame
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5083 on: October 24, 2023, 08:01:23 AM »

Based on my experience on tinder I am also 99% likely not ever going to get any shingles either. [/SeanConnery]
"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled." - Richard Feynman

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #5084 on: October 24, 2023, 09:31:42 AM »

Based on my experience on tinder I am also 99% likely not ever going to get any shingles either. [/SeanConnery]
:lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5085 on: October 24, 2023, 04:49:50 PM »
 :lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #5086 on: October 25, 2023, 07:59:19 AM »
Just settling in for a potentially interesting day  :corn
Photobucket sucks.

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5087 on: October 25, 2023, 08:01:58 AM »
What's happening?

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #5088 on: October 25, 2023, 08:04:41 AM »
Check out DT side.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline XJDenton

• What a shame
  • Global Moderator
"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled." - Richard Feynman

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5090 on: October 25, 2023, 08:06:48 AM »
holy FUCK!!!!

Online Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5091 on: October 25, 2023, 08:09:16 AM »
Well damn!
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline splent

• Moderator Emeritus
  • DTF's resident music educator/conductor
« Reply #5092 on: October 25, 2023, 09:17:30 AM »
Well now that I'm here I had to go back and look at the Emo Fight thread again because duh  :lol :lol :lol
I don’t know what to put here anymore

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5093 on: October 25, 2023, 02:17:06 PM »
What the fuck??!
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline LCArenas

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #5094 on: October 25, 2023, 03:40:44 PM »
https://dreamtheater.net/dream-theater-announce-the-return-of-drummer-mike-portnoy/
A Mike Portnoy Announcement sitting next to me

It asks me how I feel

Not sure I understand its questioning

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5095 on: October 25, 2023, 06:22:46 PM »
Calling Blob!!  :lol

Online Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5096 on: October 26, 2023, 12:17:18 AM »
Both Blob and Kev made an appearance! That is just as sweet as the DT news.

Offline JustJen

• DT.net Veteran
  • May 24, 2004
« Reply #5097 on: October 26, 2023, 02:22:05 PM »

I had surgery on my forehead to remove a lipoma, the day after my entire face was like drooping from the blood under my skin apparently.  I made sure to get a picture of easily the worst I've ever looked in my life  :lol  I've only shown it to a few people.

How long did it take to develop? Was it sudden? I had a lipoma removed a couple of years ago that popped up suddenly on my abdomen. It looked so much like a swollen lymph node that my doctor sent me straight to the ER, and they did scans and bloodwork and then set me up to have it removed just a week later, and biopsied. Mine was just there one day out of nowhere.
  ~ a.k.a. VFS in a past life :vfs:

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5098 on: October 26, 2023, 02:39:03 PM »

How long did it take to develop? Was it sudden? I had a lipoma removed a couple of years ago that popped up suddenly on my abdomen. It looked so much like a swollen lymph node that my doctor sent me straight to the ER, and they did scans and bloodwork and then set me up to have it removed just a week later, and biopsied. Mine was just there one day out of nowhere.

My lipoma came slowly.  It was on my forehead.  It wasn't much at all, but slowly turned into a very obvious bump in my head that became questionable because of it growing still so they removed it as they werent 100% sure it was even just a basic lipoma and tested it for cancer or anything else that was false.  It was just a fatty tissue. Since it formed immediately after my break up wiht my x fiance, I think it was stress induced.  Had it maybe for 2 or 3 years before it was removed. Fun story, I opted not to get put under for the surgery.  It wasn't painful because they still used injections to numb me, but you could feel the scraping and pressure of something being ripped off your head.  Also feeling the blood coming out.  It was such an odd feeling and the surgeon put on classic rock radio, so I was enjoying the music at least.

Offline JustJen

• DT.net Veteran
  • May 24, 2004
« Reply #5099 on: October 26, 2023, 02:48:38 PM »

My lipoma came slowly.  It was on my forehead.  It wasn't much at all, but slowly turned into a very obvious bump in my head that became questionable because of it growing still so they removed it as they werent 100% sure it was even just a basic lipoma and tested it for cancer or anything else that was false.  It was just a fatty tissue. Since it formed immediately after my break up wiht my x fiance, I think it was stress induced.  Had it maybe for 2 or 3 years before it was removed. Fun story, I opted not to get put under for the surgery.  It wasn't painful because they still used injections to numb me, but you could feel the scraping and pressure of something being ripped off your head.  Also feeling the blood coming out.  It was such an odd feeling and the surgeon put on classic rock radio, so I was enjoying the music at least.

Oh wow that's such a crazy story. I've been under general anesthesia a couple of times and also twilight twice for joint replacement surgeries last year. The first time was uneventful but the second time the nurse couldn't find the vein for the IV. She had another nurse come in who placed it and tested it with saline and I said that it felt like cold water inside my arm, and that I didn't taste/smell the plastic like I normally do when an IV is placed correctly, but she seemed content. Then when they took me down for surgery the anesthesiologist said he was pushing the meds and I kept talking and was like "I genuinely feel nothing". He gave me more. still nothing. At this point I was IN the OR and they had me move over onto the stretcher and they began buckling my arms and legs with thick leather straps and i was like "guys I literally feel like when I walked in today, and also I don't remember this part from my previous surgeries, I seriously think this IV is also bad" and one of the doctors said to his assistant "don't cut yet" then came to check my IV then ripped it out and started swearing and yelling at someone about the nurses and how this has happened a couple of times today, then placed it in the other arm in a completely different spot and said to the anesthesiologist to push it again, and that was the last thing I remember.

Very uncool.
  ~ a.k.a. VFS in a past life :vfs:

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5100 on: October 26, 2023, 03:00:01 PM »
Oof, that would be scary knowing you are about to get cut and still feeling normal.  Glad they figured that out before opening up.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #5101 on: October 26, 2023, 03:08:43 PM »
I read something somewhere that the hospital system is so understaffed (thanks COVID!) that nurses who are being hired right out of school are being pushed into higher responsibility situations (eg, the ER), without having gained the necessary experience that would normally come with that.  Oh, and on top of that ... these fresh grads took Nursing school during COVID, to the extent they didn't get the kind of practice and teaching on actual people.  Comment was that some of them have never put an IV in a real human before.

Yeah... thats the US (and Canadian) medical system atm.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5102 on: October 27, 2023, 06:58:10 AM »
My wife was an ER nurse for close to ten years, she did 3 in adult ER and 7 in pediatrics. She now is a nurse educator so she travels around the country teaching nurses how to use iv catheters their hospitals bought and she told me that it's shocked how poorly educated nurses are now a days.

She's told me that a large part of the problem with retaining quality nurses is that hospital systems have slowly switched to a satisfaction based system versus quality of care. It's more important that hospitals get good survey results than quality patient care. Additionally hospitals do not back up their nurses nor pay them anything close to a fair wage. In my state an entry level nurse makes $5 an hour more than the chick-fil-a pays across the street from my office.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #5103 on: October 27, 2023, 03:16:30 PM »
It's more important that hospitals get good survey results than quality patient care.

Don't even get me started on this. I work for a major chain supermarket and when I was a store manager, I'd honestly rather lose sales than have bad survey results. The pressure on these surveys is ridiculous.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #5104 on: October 30, 2023, 06:07:37 AM »
This is what was done last year:

And this is what was done this year.

Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5105 on: October 30, 2023, 08:20:45 AM »
Thats wild

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #5106 on: November 19, 2023, 01:59:43 AM »
Drive-by
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Online Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5107 on: November 19, 2023, 02:07:02 AM »
 :panicattack:

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #5108 on: November 19, 2023, 03:06:04 AM »
ZYDARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR How are you doing?
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Online Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5109 on: November 19, 2023, 03:18:36 AM »
I'm freeeezing, the cold winter has arrived in Sweden (-12C at the moment). Otherwise I'm perfectly fine.

What's up with Blob?