Author Topic: DTF Chat Thread v.BrexitMeansBrexit  (Read 291744 times)

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: DTF Chat Thread v.BrexitMeansBrexit
« Reply #5005 on: September 01, 2023, 06:23:35 PM »
Adami blocking him. It's in the politics selection.

I don't step foot in that section.  Not a fan of discussing politics and being where I am doesn't translate with a lot of you anyway.

Ben, Adami blocked you, who gives a shit.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #5006 on: September 01, 2023, 06:26:22 PM »
It breaks my heart to have to post this...

I am completely done with this forum.

I feel no one appreciates my posts, no one even bothers to respond to them. What is the point of a forum when no one wants to respond.

As is said in Hitchhikers Guide to The Galaxy....

So long, and thanks for all the fish.

I appreciate them. I'll be sad to see you go but I get that feeling. I made some big posts from the heart in a few threads and no response. I do wonder if I am just an annoyance :lol

Also, you can block people? That is the weirdest thing to do on this forum. Some people just don't get along, that's fine, but blocking seems wholly unnecessary.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #5007 on: September 01, 2023, 06:36:04 PM »
James, where was your heartfelt post?
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #5008 on: September 01, 2023, 07:02:21 PM »
James, where was your heartfelt post?

Patriarchy thread

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5009 on: September 01, 2023, 07:08:02 PM »
I just responded to you.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Keeper of the Seven Sloths
« Reply #5010 on: September 01, 2023, 07:33:43 PM »
It breaks my heart to have to post this...

I am completely done with this forum.

I feel no one appreciates my posts, no one even bothers to respond to them. What is the point of a forum when no one wants to respond.

As is said in Hitchhikers Guide to The Galaxy....

So long, and thanks for all the fish.

Honestly, I’ve felt the exact same way many times on this site. This place has always felt like more of a social club than a forum.

I refuse to set foot in the PR section, so I can’t speak for whatever happened there, but you are appreciated, Ben. Take a break if you need to, and I hope to see you back here again.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5011 on: September 01, 2023, 07:37:01 PM »
I was lucky to sit behind you at Morsefest. I'm gad we figured it out you were in front of me. Lol. My wife, Lisa and I are greatful to have met you.

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5012 on: September 01, 2023, 07:47:19 PM »
Likewise Joe! Great times. Hope you both are doing well

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #5013 on: September 01, 2023, 07:48:39 PM »
Honestly, I’ve felt the exact same way many times on this site. This place has always felt like more of a social club than a forum.

In many ways, it's both.

It can get tiring though. Sometimes I'm just not in the mood to get really engaged.

Take a break if you need to

Good advice.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5014 on: September 01, 2023, 07:50:23 PM »
Likewise Joe! Great times. Hope you both are doing well

Definitely!  I hope we get a meet up again!

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #5015 on: September 01, 2023, 08:44:25 PM »
I'll still be "Lurking"...But I won't be posting much anymore
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• I find your lack of filtered water disturbing
  • DTF.org Member
  • Together we can rule the ocean as father and son
« Reply #5016 on: September 01, 2023, 08:48:17 PM »
Adami blocking him. It's in the politics selection.

I don't step foot in that section.  Not a fan of discussing politics and being where I am doesn't translate with a lot of you anyway.
Yeah, this. Political discussion only seems to serve one purpose and that's to divide people.
aka Puppies_On_Acid
I peed next to Ian Mosley and Mark Kelly
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5017 on: September 01, 2023, 09:11:47 PM »
I rarely engage with political/religious conversation with anyone in real life, and find the dialogue in P&R fairly reasonable. I don't read through every thread and every post, but will admit to seeing a few things a bit differently over the past few years based on conversations there.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #5018 on: September 01, 2023, 09:25:33 PM »
I rarely engage with political/religious conversation with anyone in real life, and find the dialogue in P&R fairly reasonable. I don't read through every thread and every post, but will admit to seeing a few things a bit differently over the past few years based on conversations there.

You’ve always impressed me there. I know you and I come from very different viewpoints, and it’s been great seeing someone on either side being as open minded and willing to adopt and learn as much as you.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5019 on: September 01, 2023, 09:30:32 PM »
Thank you Adami, it means a lot. I am not as good with words as the primary posters there so I do not write much as I have in my head.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5020 on: September 02, 2023, 05:37:04 AM »

You’ve always impressed me there. I know you and I come from very different viewpoints, and it’s been great seeing someone on either side being as open minded and willing to adopt and learn as much as you.

We need more of this. Compromise is  lost word these days.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5021 on: September 02, 2023, 11:22:10 AM »
It's not even compromise. It's just listening. There are a couple regular posters in P&R that I rarely agree with, but I still read everything they post.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5022 on: September 02, 2023, 11:42:38 AM »
I'm saying in all walks of life. Especially politics.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5023 on: September 02, 2023, 01:14:46 PM »
I didnt know you can block people here. Sucks you feel that way Ben. I dont think one person blocking should be a reason to leave. But if you feel your time isn't valued here then you got to do what's best for you, as others suggested, maybe a break is worth it.

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5024 on: September 02, 2023, 01:27:10 PM »
I don't know about blocking, but there is an Ignore feature. I've used it on a few people, who will remain nameless.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5025 on: September 02, 2023, 03:50:41 PM »
I don't know about blocking, but there is an Ignore feature. I've used it on a few people, who will remain nameless.

That's what Adami meant. It's still like blocking.

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #5026 on: September 03, 2023, 05:35:01 PM »
I will let you all know, It's NOT because Adami supposedly "blocked" me for my reason on not wanting to participate in the discussions much anymore. I appreciate Adami and his discussions, as all people are deserving of their viewpoints being heard.

I didnt know you can block people here. Sucks you feel that way Ben. I dont think one person blocking should be a reason to leave. But if you feel your time isn't valued here then you got to do what's best for you, as others suggested, maybe a break is worth it.

It's akin to why Michael felt he needed to leave forum. It's a bit more of a personal reason, like it's better for my mentality. I am feeling the same about Facebook, but with Facebook, my reason for staying there is due to connecting to others, such as classmates and people from home.

As I said, I will still be lurking, but I won't be posting as much as I do. Such as in the P/R thread. the P/R thread is a fantastic thread and I feel it's needed.

I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #5027 on: September 03, 2023, 05:45:55 PM »
Who's Michael?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5028 on: September 04, 2023, 05:28:57 AM »
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5029 on: September 04, 2023, 06:11:27 AM »
Yes it is.  This isn't the same thing.  Michael was attacking others on the forum.  Rage quit then got back on as another name, shielding who he was.

Ben hasn't done anything like that.  Ben's been good to all others.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5030 on: September 04, 2023, 06:58:36 AM »
I thought Mike was banned, twice. Although I think he left on his own at one point too.

I get it, I don't participate on Facebook for maybe similar reasons.  Shit gets tiring sometimes.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5031 on: September 04, 2023, 07:04:54 AM »
I thought Mike was banned, twice. Although I think he left on his own at one point too.

I get it, I don't participate on Facebook for maybe similar reasons.  Shit gets tiring sometimes.

Yeah.  He rage quit the 1st time.  Got banned the second time.

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5032 on: September 04, 2023, 07:51:52 AM »
What was his name the second time?

Ben, I'm sorry to hear about you leaving, if it feels like the forum is negatively impacting your life then maybe a break is what's needed. I'll miss reading your take on things!

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5033 on: September 04, 2023, 07:56:40 AM »
I can't remember.  Dan old age.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #5034 on: September 04, 2023, 09:31:51 AM »
Katellox

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5035 on: September 04, 2023, 09:52:44 AM »
No, it was something different.  I just can't remember.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #5036 on: September 04, 2023, 12:45:26 PM »
Melphina

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5037 on: September 04, 2023, 04:53:56 PM »
That's right!

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #5038 on: September 05, 2023, 06:17:32 AM »
I for one hope you don't go, Ben.   I look forward to your inputs, whether I agree with them or not.   

As for P/R, I get it's not for everyone, but one man's meat is another man's poison.  I find it helpful and, in a way, therapeutic, to put my thoughts down on "paper".  No one HAS to read what I write (though it's always a benefit to READ it if you're going to comment or critique on it).  I rarely talk about this stuff at work or at social events, mostly because there are other things to talk about.  I do talk about them occasionally at home, particularly with my daughter, but less and less now that my dad has passed.  It is what it is; I don't quite get the "block" (or "ignore") feature myself; seems kind of arrogant and narrow-minded to me, but it's also not my call how people live their life.  But I also make time away (primarily weekends; there are times I wake up and think "I have to post this" and figure, if it's still in my brain on Monday, then we'll see what happens). 

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5039 on: September 05, 2023, 10:07:43 AM »
I participate on a Penn State forum, for football mostly, and I block people there occassionnaly because there's basiclaly little to no moderation so some times there's someone who's clearly not a fan and just trolls in every single topic. It makes sense for me to just block them so I can get the information and discussion I'm interested in.  On DTF? I don't think I've ever thought about the need to do that.  Lots of people have different opinions, but I don't think it's ever been so bad I felt like my enjoyment of this platform would be better if I blocked someone.  If anyone was really being over the top or doing something wrong, the mods here would take care of it.  I actually didnt (and still dont) know how to block someone here  :lol  But at the end of the day, I get why someone wouldn't want to stay here.  It's certainly not for everyone, especially the PR side.