Author Topic: DTF Chat Thread v.BrexitMeansBrexit  (Read 292054 times)

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
Re: DTF Chat Thread v.BrexitMeansBrexit
« Reply #4970 on: July 31, 2023, 10:34:45 AM »
Jesus Marc.  Busy weekend. I'm seeing Extreme and Living Colour Saturday night.  Meting up with Rumborak.

That sounds awesome.  Oh, and the Rumbo part too.

And Brian too. 
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4971 on: July 31, 2023, 11:26:09 AM »
That'll be awesome  :metal

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #4972 on: July 31, 2023, 12:18:19 PM »
Good stuff king. Busy stretch of short trips for me. I was in Las Vegas most of last week, flying home on Thursday for two nights of Metallica at Metlife Stadium this weekend, and then flying to Nashville the following weekend for Morsefest.

Who you looking forward to seeing as an opener for Metallica, Bill? There's 4 bands, 2 each night.  Correct?

I'd have to say Wolfie is the opener I'm looking forward to the most out of the four, followed by Pantera.

Good stuff king. Busy stretch of short trips for me. I was in Las Vegas most of last week, flying home on Thursday for two nights of Metallica at Metlife Stadium this weekend, and then flying to Nashville the following weekend for Morsefest.

Speaking of which, I'm heading down as well.  Do they send an itinerary or a schedule or anything? How do I know where and when to be to get the maximum out of the event?   I'm staying down near Nashville, but I'm by myself, so I'm kind of figuring I'll try to get the most out of this if I can.

Did you get a VIP ticket? If not, there's not much to it, just show up each night a bit before doors (thank god they do assigned seating now). There's a concert for Inner Circle members that Saturday morning that will be just Neal and some of the local musicians running through some stuff, and then if you're so inclined Neal often leads worship session at some point on Sunday.

Jesus Marc.  Busy weekend. I'm seeing Extreme and Living Colour Saturday night.  Meting up with Rumborak.

Excellent, I was bummed that tour wasn't going to make it down my way.
Photobucket sucks.

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #4973 on: July 31, 2023, 02:24:40 PM »
Did you get a VIP ticket? If not, there's not much to it, just show up each night a bit before doors (thank god they do assigned seating now). There's a concert for Inner Circle members that Saturday morning that will be just Neal and some of the local musicians running through some stuff, and then if you're so inclined Neal often leads worship session at some point on Sunday.

I did get the VIP ticket.  I probably won't do the Inner Circle show, but the rest.. I think I have Saturday for the VIP, if I remember correctly. 

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #4974 on: July 31, 2023, 06:02:59 PM »

I did get the VIP ticket.  I probably won't do the Inner Circle show, but the rest.. I think I have Saturday for the VIP, if I remember correctly. 

Ah, nice. Friday then you should just need to get there in time for the show and then there should be a schedule sent out for the VIP stuff beforehand on Saturday.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #4975 on: August 02, 2023, 05:48:58 PM »
Would you look at that. My company is finally pulling their heads out of their asses and are handing out raises. We used to be slightly above the average pay in our warehouse (6 subcontractors working out of the warehouse.)

Over the last 12 months that changed drastically as they started to try to save pennies. Both overtime and raises were basically throttled. Lots of write ups going out for things that used to be shrugged off (all things that affect the company's metrics with Amazon, and the metrics are what determines bonuses given to the company by Amazon. Better metrics = more money for the company = more money for the employees).

New employees started starting out making only  50 to 75 cents less than the top veteran drivers, even the DOT certified ones.

People started leaving, including a lot of DOT drivers. The company in turn added a pay increase incentive to try to get newer employees to go through the process of getting certified. That incentive would put someone who's been there 3 months and jumps into driving Step Vans at a higher wage than those who have been there 8 times as long and driving DOT for most of it.

I was the first one to point that out to the higher ups, and they decided to scramble to make sure the vets are happy. I've gotten 2 pay increases in a month and another coming at the end of next month.

This will definitely help me be a tad more productive in the 95° heat all day...  :lol
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4976 on: August 02, 2023, 05:50:28 PM »
Hey Jay!  Good to hear.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4977 on: August 02, 2023, 05:57:01 PM »
It also makes the verbal warning I got last week for have 4 DNR (Delivered Not Received- basically I delivered a package but it wasn't there. Either misdelivered or stolen or the customer is a fucking moron) over the course of 4 weeks out of literally over 4k packages delivered.

I was pissed... Because they see no difference in the number of packages delivered. 1 out of 100 or 1000... It doesn't scale.
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4978 on: August 02, 2023, 05:58:25 PM »
I would say stolen. Don't you take a picture of a delivery

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4979 on: August 02, 2023, 11:28:31 PM »
I would say stolen. Don't you take a picture of a delivery

85 percent of the time, yes... But Amazon likes to group multiple locations together and call it 1 stop. That stop can have like 4 houses in one block. It's.stupid....and the system doesn't prompt a photo with those. One has to go in and manually do it, which is fine but when you have 300 packages, 164 stops, and 202 locations... Corners get cut.

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4980 on: August 03, 2023, 04:19:58 AM »
I received a picture when delivered. Isn't that proof?

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4981 on: August 03, 2023, 08:31:04 AM »
I don't always get a picture

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #4982 on: August 03, 2023, 09:00:11 AM »
I'd say I get a picture for maybe 20% of my Amazon deliveries at best.

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #4983 on: August 03, 2023, 09:59:05 AM »
One time I got a picture of my package at a different building
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4984 on: August 03, 2023, 10:01:32 AM »
That's weird. I always get a picture.  That's poor management because they should be enforcing pictures to protect the employees.

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4985 on: August 03, 2023, 10:44:29 AM »
I get one maybe 25% of the time (and we order a LOT from Amazon between my daughter, my wife, my step son, and me).

Online Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4986 on: August 03, 2023, 12:11:09 PM »

Now that's one helluva dick pic!

:zydar: :lol
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #4987 on: August 03, 2023, 12:13:29 PM »

Now that's one helluva dick pic!

:zydar: :lol

John Bobbitt would not find this funny.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4988 on: August 08, 2023, 10:01:36 AM »
That's weird. I always get a picture.  That's poor management because they should be enforcing pictures to protect the employees.

The poor management aspect is the fact that they cram our vans with 300 packages going to 160 stops (but actually over 200 physical locations)... And then you find out that your last stop on the itinerary (which you're supposed to follow and not deviate from) is a business that closes at 5... Though my projected finish time is 2 hours later than that.

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #4989 on: August 08, 2023, 03:00:16 PM »
Posting in case anyone is willing to support this project.

The Amateur Astronomers Association of NY (which I am a member of) has been working on securing a observatory dome (to house a telescope) and a permit from the Parks Department to place the done in one of the NYC parks. The location that was selected is here.

This observatory would mainly be used for public viewing sessions and for partnerships with local schools (2 high schools and a college within walking distance) to promote astronomy and science in general. The page explains where the funds would go to. If anyone can support, any amount is appreciated! Thank you.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/aaadotorg/bring-stargazing-to-the-bronx?fbclid=IwAR32LHloPciELNVkswzXuprk74R3F1siG3TIdcMj02ao8UBVmUgMgyuxya8

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Keeper of the Seven Sloths
« Reply #4990 on: August 19, 2023, 02:23:58 PM »
Restaurants that offer free items for your birthday should allow you to cash in on previous birthdays.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4991 on: August 21, 2023, 10:15:40 AM »
Restaurants that offer free items for your birthday should allow you to cash in on previous birthdays.

:lol but why should they?

If anything, they should give you a period of more than just your birthday to use a birthday free item. But I feel like that's part of the deal so all those companies compete for your business on that single day. 

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4992 on: August 26, 2023, 04:24:07 PM »
We buried my dad today with my mom. The weather was great. The priest was poignant, and the mercy meal was excellent.

My parents loved being with family so it was an awesome way to honor them with both their families.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #4993 on: August 26, 2023, 04:26:28 PM »
We buried my dad today with my mom. The weather was great. The priest was poignant, and the mercy meal was excellent.

My parents loved being with family so it was an awesome way to honor them with both their families.

That's awesome Joe. I'm sure they're happy together.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4994 on: August 26, 2023, 04:49:19 PM »
It was cathartic, sad, happy and we reminisced of all the good times.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #4995 on: August 26, 2023, 06:08:18 PM »
I bet! That's good.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4996 on: August 26, 2023, 07:05:56 PM »
Thank you, Tim. Thank you DTF. You've got me through some tough times of late.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4997 on: August 27, 2023, 04:04:20 AM »
That's nice Joe.  Glad a nice event came from a sad situation.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4998 on: August 28, 2023, 06:00:48 AM »

We went through a similar situation in late April (coincidentally enough, I took a ride down to visit Mom and Dad yesterday for the first time since).

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4999 on: August 28, 2023, 06:04:13 AM »

Good to hear.  I'm sure your parents are at peace together again.

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #5000 on: August 28, 2023, 07:10:28 AM »
Posting in case anyone is willing to support this project.

The Amateur Astronomers Association of NY (which I am a member of) has been working on securing a observatory dome (to house a telescope) and a permit from the Parks Department to place the done in one of the NYC parks. The location that was selected is here.

This observatory would mainly be used for public viewing sessions and for partnerships with local schools (2 high schools and a college within walking distance) to promote astronomy and science in general. The page explains where the funds would go to. If anyone can support, any amount is appreciated! Thank you.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/aaadotorg/bring-stargazing-to-the-bronx?fbclid=IwAR32LHloPciELNVkswzXuprk74R3F1siG3TIdcMj02ao8UBVmUgMgyuxya8

Not sure if anyone from here supported, since I can't see those that donated, but wanted to say thank you if you did. Shortly after I posted here, the numbers went up (there was no change for about 2 weeks), and as of today, the goal was reached. So thank you if anyone helped. I'll provide an update when there is some progress with the project.

My thoughts are with you Joe

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #5001 on: September 01, 2023, 06:07:09 PM »
It breaks my heart to have to post this...

I am completely done with this forum.

I feel no one appreciates my posts, no one even bothers to respond to them. What is the point of a forum when no one wants to respond.

As is said in Hitchhikers Guide to The Galaxy....

So long, and thanks for all the fish.

I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5002 on: September 01, 2023, 06:14:10 PM »
Ben.  You are loved. Don't let the one issue get to you. Yesterday I mad a lewd joke in a thread and some took offense. While I felt bad because some took offense, I never feel like I'm a bad person.

Stay here.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5003 on: September 01, 2023, 06:17:21 PM »
It breaks my heart to have to post this...

I am completely done with this forum.

I feel no one appreciates my posts, no one even bothers to respond to them. What is the point of a forum when no one wants to respond.

As is said in Hitchhikers Guide to The Galaxy....

So long, and thanks for all the fish.

I haven't been online much lately but unless I've missed something I always see you in plenty of conversations back and forth with others, myself included.

What was the catalyst here?
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5004 on: September 01, 2023, 06:19:28 PM »
Adami blocking him. It's in the politics selection.