Author Topic: DTF Chat Thread v.BrexitMeansBrexit  (Read 291161 times)

Online Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: DTF Chat Thread v.BrexitMeansBrexit
« Reply #4935 on: July 10, 2023, 08:38:00 AM »
*gets the funk out*

:riskybiz:

But yeah, a new chat thread is a good idea.
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #4936 on: July 10, 2023, 08:45:17 AM »
We have to lay my little princess to rest today. Sally has been the best kitties ever. We don't want her to suffer anymore. The Callahan Family are taking it on the chin again.
Very sorry to hear that.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #4937 on: July 10, 2023, 08:45:56 AM »
Not to take away from everyone else, but my sister just called me to tell me my brother took his life this morning. His whole adult life was a sea of misery from getting a DUI at the age of 18 and running away from facing it. I did a lot to support him though I probably could have done more.
You have my sympathy.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #4938 on: July 18, 2023, 07:00:27 AM »
My stress level has been to high of late.  Work has been crazy.  I can hire or keep anyone.  We finally get our counts down and we have multiple call outs again the last 2 days.  One kid won't call me back.  He was just hired on this Friday.  He had his car impounded and now won't respond.

Add that today would have been my dad's 77th birthday. Plus I'm going to a wake of neighborhood friends we all grew up together tonight.  Vacation in august can't come soon enough. 12 days off. 
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4939 on: July 18, 2023, 07:06:36 AM »
Hang in there, Joe. You've had a lot on your plate recently.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #4940 on: July 18, 2023, 07:10:50 AM »

Not on his actual plate.  ;D

Yeah Joe, when it rains it pours.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4941 on: July 18, 2023, 07:14:53 AM »
Thanks guys.  I'm fighting through it all but man, I need a break. 
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #4942 on: July 18, 2023, 07:16:51 AM »

Just don't actually go to McDonald's for it. :lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4943 on: July 18, 2023, 07:19:25 AM »
I can't! :lol

Maybe a smoothie place.  Get my fruit and proteins added. 

Online Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4944 on: July 18, 2023, 07:20:06 AM »
Not on his actual plate.  ;D

Hah, didn't think about that :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4945 on: July 18, 2023, 07:37:08 AM »
Adding on it, an employee had a seizure Sunday night.  He's being monitored right now.  The family asked for him to have the week of since he is seeing the doctor next Tuesday after the change of medication.  He used all his PTO a month ago with an infection that did some big damage.  They think maybe the medication might have caused this seizure.  I told them his health comes 1st. 

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #4946 on: July 18, 2023, 07:43:38 AM »
That's scary.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4947 on: July 18, 2023, 07:47:35 AM »
He is deaf too.  I went to school with him and his bother.  I told the family for him to take care of himself.  He has had a few tough setbacks with his health of late. 

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #4948 on: July 18, 2023, 08:54:33 AM »
Did you hook him up with the job?

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4949 on: July 18, 2023, 09:45:06 AM »
Did you hook him up with the job?

He was here 4 years before I came on as the manager.  I went to high school with him.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #4950 on: July 18, 2023, 10:34:34 AM »
Joe, you need a long vacation and a loud listen of Power Windows to help with the stress relief.  :tup :tup

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4951 on: July 18, 2023, 10:48:10 AM »
Seriously. I'm on vacation in August from the 9th to the 20th.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #4952 on: July 18, 2023, 12:10:54 PM »
Joe, you need a long vacation and a loud listen of Power Windows to help with the stress relief.  :tup :tup

I'd rather work.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4953 on: July 18, 2023, 12:14:05 PM »

I'd rather work.

Now that's a flat out lie.   :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4954 on: July 21, 2023, 10:00:15 PM »
I just watched Jimmy Carr get a little dirty talking about teabagging a dude and as an American,  its hilarious to think a brittish man could talk so dirty in a brittish way.

I need Rich to chime in here. Comedy In any culture,  pleases me.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4955 on: July 31, 2023, 06:27:02 AM »
Morning Gents.  And Zydar.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #4956 on: July 31, 2023, 06:41:48 AM »
What's up, bitches
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4957 on: July 31, 2023, 06:45:27 AM »

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #4958 on: July 31, 2023, 06:53:17 AM »
G'morning all.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4959 on: July 31, 2023, 07:09:55 AM »
Tons of work.  After work, I've got to pick up a cake for our 4 year OSHA safe celebration.  Big accomplishment in the manual labor world. 

T-minus 8 days until vacation!

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #4960 on: July 31, 2023, 07:30:55 AM »
Tons of work.  After work, I've got to pick up a cake for our 4 year OSHA safe celebration.  Big accomplishment in the manual labor world. 

Where’s vacation?
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4961 on: July 31, 2023, 07:38:28 AM »

Where’s vacation?

In the past for me.

But I got an extra long weekend coming up.  Company is giving all employees Friday off, and Monday is a Canadian holiday for most provinces.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4962 on: July 31, 2023, 07:53:38 AM »

Where’s vacation?

Day trips, a few concerts.  We'll hit a botanical garden on the coast of Maine. 3 hour drive.  Hit Vermont for the day. We've got 2 concerts, a few breweries. enjoy the outside. 

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #4963 on: July 31, 2023, 09:14:29 AM »
Good stuff king. Busy stretch of short trips for me. I was in Las Vegas most of last week, flying home on Thursday for two nights of Metallica at Metlife Stadium this weekend, and then flying to Nashville the following weekend for Morsefest.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4964 on: July 31, 2023, 09:24:29 AM »
Good stuff king. Busy stretch of short trips for me. I was in Las Vegas most of last week, flying home on Thursday for two nights of Metallica at Metlife Stadium this weekend, and then flying to Nashville the following weekend for Morsefest.

Who you looking forward to seeing as an opener for Metallica, Bill? There's 4 bands, 2 each night.  Correct?

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #4965 on: July 31, 2023, 09:29:59 AM »

Speaking of which, I'm heading down as well.  Do they send an itinerary or a schedule or anything? How do I know where and when to be to get the maximum out of the event?   I'm staying down near Nashville, but I'm by myself, so I'm kind of figuring I'll try to get the most out of this if I can.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4966 on: July 31, 2023, 09:35:14 AM »

Speaking of which, I'm heading down as well.  Do they send an itinerary or a schedule or anything? How do I know where and when to be to get the maximum out of the event?   I'm staying down near Nashville, but I'm by myself, so I'm kind of figuring I'll try to get the most out of this if I can.

They do Bill but that's if you buy the expensive tickets. Bill did it last year with Jen if I remember correctly. The Queen & I didn't

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4967 on: July 31, 2023, 10:01:30 AM »

Who you looking forward to seeing as an opener for Metallica, Bill? There's 4 bands, 2 each night.  Correct?

I'll also be at Metallica weekend in NJ.

There's 2 bands each night, Friday is Pantera and Mammoth WVH, Sunday is Five Finger Death Punch and Ice Nine Kills.  The cool thing, they also announced one extra band each day in the parking lot before the show, for free.  So Friday has Prong and Sunday has Overkill.  Really fucking cool how they added the extra bands.  Going to try to catch them both, one long day of metal music...twice.   Also, Saturday night is Fall Out Boy and Bring Me The Horizon about 40 minutes south of Metlife (near where I live). So it's a packed weekend.

Enjoy your vacation though, you deserve it.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4968 on: July 31, 2023, 10:21:49 AM »
Jesus Marc.  Busy weekend. I'm seeing Extreme and Living Colour Saturday night.  Meting up with Rumborak.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4969 on: July 31, 2023, 10:27:51 AM »
Jesus Marc.  Busy weekend. I'm seeing Extreme and Living Colour Saturday night.  Meting up with Rumborak.

That sounds awesome.  Oh, and the Rumbo part too.