Author Topic: DTF Chat Thread v.BrexitMeansBrexit  (Read 291447 times)

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
Re: DTF Chat Thread v.BrexitMeansBrexit
« Reply #4900 on: July 06, 2023, 01:37:20 PM »
 :lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #4901 on: July 06, 2023, 09:00:26 PM »
I’ll be impressed if you can re-recruit the third part of Tick TAC (Kat)Toe(lox).
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• I find your lack of filtered water disturbing
  • DTF.org Member
  • Together we can rule the ocean as father and son
« Reply #4902 on: July 06, 2023, 10:21:01 PM »
Not sure where else to post this, it's been a long day.

Anyways, I got a call earlier today. A good friend of mine, who I've known for about 20 years now, her husband was out riding his bicycle and was hit by a truck that wasn't paying attention. Apparently he went into cardiac arrest from the impact and lost oxygen for a long time. Also punctured a lung, amongst numerous other injuries. He's been in a coma since the accident and they aren't sure if he is going to pull through. They need to wait a day or two before they can do a CT scan to see how much brain damage there is....

It's so weird, we just had dinner with them and now they are going through this. I feel so bad for her.
aka Puppies_On_Acid
I peed next to Ian Mosley and Mark Kelly
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4903 on: July 07, 2023, 04:37:53 AM »
I’ll be impressed if you can re-recruit the third part of Tick TAC (Kat)Toe(lox).

Kat told me a was a bad person for calling a terrible girl online a bitch. I stepped over a line by his standards.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4904 on: July 07, 2023, 04:38:52 AM »

Anyways, I got a call earlier today. A good friend of mine, who I've known for about 20 years now, her husband was out riding his bicycle and was hit by a truck that wasn't paying attention. Apparently he went into cardiac arrest from the impact and lost oxygen for a long time. Also punctured a lung, amongst numerous other injuries. He's been in a coma since the accident and they aren't sure if he is going to pull through. They need to wait a day or two before they can do a CT scan to see how much brain damage there is....

It's so weird, we just had dinner with them and now they are going through this. I feel so bad for her.

That is terrible. I'm so sorry.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4905 on: July 07, 2023, 04:42:39 AM »

Oh Jesus dude, that's rough.  Especially since it's coming up a year since the last tragedy you had with some friends.  It's a gut punch just READING this... I can't even fathom how devastating it is to be going through it.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #4906 on: July 07, 2023, 05:54:16 AM »

Dang, that is awful news. :( :(

My younger brother has been an avid cyclist for years, and I worry sometimes that something like that will happen to him.  He rides on main roads and will do 30-40 miles, and I always tell him to be careful because in a battle between a bicycle and a car (or a truck), the cyclist is not going to win that ever.  :eek :eek

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4907 on: July 07, 2023, 08:53:44 AM »

That's so sad and unfortunate.  ugh, sorry man.

Kat told me a was a bad person for calling a terrible girl online a bitch. I stepped over a line by his standards.

I don't think he's allowed back, but even if he was, I'm not sure he would even want to.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #4908 on: July 07, 2023, 10:01:38 AM »
Just wanted to pop in and say hello to all! Hi Tim!
:tup
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #4909 on: July 07, 2023, 10:10:35 AM »

No lie, I was driving into work on Wednesday and I randomly thought to myself "I wonder what Tick's doing these days?".

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #4910 on: July 07, 2023, 04:39:00 PM »
Did I just back my 20k lb step van into a hard to access spot whilst 2 cute girls from other delivery companies (FedEx and GLS) watched? Yes. Was I blasting Pull Me Under from a shitty Bluetooth speaker in my van? Yes. Were my sex calves of steel on full display while doing so? Yes.

Do I feel bad fucking ass? Yes.
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #4911 on: July 07, 2023, 04:50:25 PM »

Oh Jesus dude, that's rough.  Especially since it's coming up a year since the last tragedy you had with some friends.  It's a gut punch just READING this... I can't even fathom how devastating it is to be going through it.
Yeah, I was just thinking about that too. The first thing I thought when I got the call was, oh god not again...

Dang, that is awful news. :( :(

My younger brother has been an avid cyclist for years, and I worry sometimes that something like that will happen to him.  He rides on main roads and will do 30-40 miles, and I always tell him to be careful because in a battle between a bicycle and a car (or a truck), the cyclist is not going to win that ever.  :eek :eek
I've said for a long time that bicyclists shouldn't be allowed on roads unless there is a clear and defined actual bike lane. And even then it's still risky. I mean, seriously, get a mountain bike and ride the trails. It's more scenic and you're less likely to get run over. I remember about 16-17 years ago, a guy that worked for my grandfather would ride his bike to and from work every day. One day on his way home he was literally run over by a semi-truck and killed instantly.
aka Puppies_On_Acid
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #4912 on: July 07, 2023, 04:56:39 PM »

I saw this this morning and just coming back to this. Yeah, what Chad just said. It was the first thing I thought of.
Damn, that's rough. I feel bad for his family.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4913 on: July 08, 2023, 04:31:40 AM »
We have to lay my little princess to rest today. Sally has been the best kitties ever. We don't want her to suffer anymore. The Callahan Family are taking it on the chin again. 

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4914 on: July 08, 2023, 04:48:45 AM »
Poor baby kitty... I'm sorry Joe. My best to you and the Queen.
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4915 on: July 08, 2023, 05:06:50 AM »
I've got no words to describe the hurt I feel for you and Lisa, and I know it's a billion times worse for the two of you.  Wish I could be there to hug ya both.

Online Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4916 on: July 08, 2023, 06:02:50 AM »
I'm sorry Joe... All my love to you and Lisa.
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4917 on: July 08, 2023, 09:02:05 AM »
We have to lay my little princess to rest today. Sally has been the best kitties ever. We don't want her to suffer anymore.

I remember having to make that decision with my Sally a few years back. I am 47, married, with 2 kids, and this felt like the most grown-up decision I ever had to make. I look back believing I gave Sally a good home and life, I am sure your Sally feels the same. 
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #4918 on: July 08, 2023, 09:28:27 AM »
That blows Joe. I’m sure she had the best cat’s life. 
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4919 on: July 08, 2023, 09:57:14 AM »
Sorry Joe, I know she was a special cat for you.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #4920 on: July 08, 2023, 03:41:40 PM »
Damn, sorry to hear that, Joe. :( :(

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #4921 on: July 08, 2023, 03:47:11 PM »
I'm sorry Joe :(

Not to take away from everyone else, but my sister just called me to tell me my brother took his life this morning. His whole adult life was a sea of misery from getting a DUI at the age of 18 and running away from facing it. I did a lot to support him though I probably could have done more.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #4922 on: July 08, 2023, 03:54:03 PM »
Holy shit! That's awful.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4923 on: July 08, 2023, 04:06:46 PM »
James. That's terrible. I'm so sorry.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4924 on: July 08, 2023, 04:26:59 PM »
Omg. That’s horrifically tragic. I don’t know what else to say. My condolences James.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4925 on: July 08, 2023, 04:39:38 PM »
That's so sad and terrible. Sorry James.

What a shit thread this has become (no offense to anyone, but damn, like a lot of shit has gone bad for people on this forum lately :( )

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4926 on: July 08, 2023, 08:03:37 PM »
Wow James that's terrible, I'm so very sorry.

Offline faizoff

« Reply #4927 on: July 08, 2023, 09:02:51 PM »

Not to take away from everyone else, but my sister just called me to tell me my brother took his life this morning. His whole adult life was a sea of misery from getting a DUI at the age of 18 and running away from facing it. I did a lot to support him though I probably could have done more.

So sorry to hear this, terrible news and just gut wrenching. My condolences.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #4928 on: July 08, 2023, 11:43:11 PM »

This to me is always one of the hardest things anyone has to go through. Ever since one of my best friends took his life years ago, things like this always hit me hard. I just hope you can find comfort in the support of close friends and family.
aka Puppies_On_Acid

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #4929 on: July 09, 2023, 05:47:16 AM »
My gosh, that is terrible news, Jamesman. Very sorry to hear that.  :( :(

Offline millahh

• Retired Pedantic Bastard
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • RIP Mark
« Reply #4930 on: July 09, 2023, 06:50:45 AM »
Jamesman, my deepest condolences to you. That is awful.

King, I'm so sorry about Sally. I know his special she was too you. 19 years is a helluva run...

And I saw that Heffue had to put his dog Maise yesterday.

I think the chart thread is cursed
Quote from: parallax
WHEN WILL YOU ADRESS MY MONKEY ARGUMENT???? NEVER???? THAT\' WHAT I FIGURED.:lol

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4931 on: July 09, 2023, 07:01:29 AM »
I think so. My little dog's knee cap has started popping out and might need surgery. My older dog started to have seizures for the first time in the past two weeks. Maybe time for new chat thread?

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #4932 on: July 09, 2023, 08:19:05 AM »
Thank you, guys. I processed a lot of it last night and already feel much more at peace.

And yes, I really think this chat is cursed.

Offline Tick

• It's time to make a change
  • DTF.org Member
  • Just another tricky day for you
« Reply #4933 on: July 09, 2023, 08:35:06 AM »

No lie, I was driving into work on Wednesday and I randomly thought to myself "I wonder what Tick's doing these days?".
Thanks Chino!
First off, thanks for the love peeps!
To answer your question. I started working at Tile America in New Haven in January 2021 on their trade counter. I love being there!
Currently I’m recovering from a cervical fusion on my neck. Not fun but it’s day 27 and I’m getting there.
King mentioned TAC asked about me and it’s been so long since I popped in I felt the time was right. I’ve met quite a few great peeps here.
Hi ya doing Bart?
Yup. Tick is dead on.  She's not your type.  Move on.   Tick is Obi Wan Kenobi

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #4934 on: July 10, 2023, 08:34:45 AM »
I think the chat thread is cursed
*gets the fuck out*
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.