Author Topic: DTF Chat Thread v.BrexitMeansBrexit  (Read 291247 times)

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: DTF Chat Thread v.BrexitMeansBrexit
« Reply #4235 on: October 03, 2022, 08:25:39 PM »
https://mynorthwest.com/3655163/abandoned-shopping-carts-requiring-coordinated-response-everett-police/

Imagine the chaos if this police department was defunded!

The Everett Police Department (EDP) is installing a Shopping Cart Recovery Program to roll away and remove abandoned shopping carts on city streets that are becoming a nuisance.

Calling it a "Recovery Program" makes it sound like it is a 12 step support group.
"Hi, my name is Carter the Cart, and my user didn't return me to the corral."
[all] "Hi Carter"
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #4236 on: October 03, 2022, 08:35:20 PM »
That's a great use of Police funds. WTF?? I mean, isn't there a Dept of Public Works or something like that?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #4237 on: October 05, 2022, 04:30:34 AM »
That's a great use of Police funds. WTF?? I mean, isn't there a Dept of Public Works or something like that?

Or people could just, ya know, put them back where they found them.  :biggrin:
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4238 on: October 05, 2022, 07:38:19 PM »

Or people could just, ya know, put them back where they found them.  :biggrin:

Hmm.....he does have a point.  ;D
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #4239 on: October 10, 2022, 02:47:31 PM »
SLACKERS!!!!

would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #4240 on: October 10, 2022, 02:50:34 PM »
Curse them out old man!!
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4241 on: October 10, 2022, 07:43:31 PM »
Outrageous!

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #4242 on: October 10, 2022, 08:34:12 PM »
I swear you’ve posted that pic before. You just pull it out ever couple of months or so?
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4243 on: October 11, 2022, 04:30:46 AM »
I swear you’ve posted that pic before. You just pull it out ever couple of months or so?

Pretty sure the last one was just a kid on his own.

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #4244 on: October 11, 2022, 06:41:31 AM »
My cart was hit yesterday by a rogue shopping cart, got a nice scratch. Thanks TAC  :)
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4245 on: October 11, 2022, 07:19:05 AM »
My cart was hit yesterday by a rogue shopping cart, got a nice scratch. Thanks TAC  :)

Can't trust managers to put a priority on shagging carriages. Or at least monitor the kids out there.  Why?  It's not a money maker.  Tim will still tell you it's on grocery stores to get the carts but they can't be trusted.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #4246 on: October 11, 2022, 02:12:08 PM »

I have posted two separate pics of a different carriage kid.

This is a new one with a bunch of them slacking.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #4247 on: October 13, 2022, 08:09:41 AM »
They are taking a second when they are outside the store to depressurize.  That doesn't really make them slackers.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #4248 on: October 13, 2022, 09:23:11 AM »
They are taking a second when they are outside the store to depressurize.  That doesn't really make them slackers.

What are you, head of the union?

Depressurize? 
From what? Gathering carriages?  :lol

They may not be slackers but they are slacking. You’re going to make excuses for them?

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #4249 on: October 13, 2022, 09:24:43 AM »
Don't most people get breaks? Maybe the coral is the cool place to chill on a break.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #4250 on: October 13, 2022, 09:27:57 AM »
Don't most people get breaks? Maybe the coral is the cool place to chill on a break.

They’re not on break though. They’re on the side of the building out of view of their supervisors.

These are just kids and I guess I’m just having fun with it. But it is what it is.

Offline Adami

« Reply #4251 on: October 13, 2022, 09:29:10 AM »

They’re not on break though. They’re on the side of the building out of view of their supervisors.

These are just kids and I guess I’m just having fun with it. But it is what it is.

But how do we know that's not a break? Maybe they're not on break. But I have no idea.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4252 on: October 13, 2022, 09:31:27 AM »
The obsession is odd and borderline creepy  :lol

Online Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4253 on: October 13, 2022, 09:31:36 AM »

(And my Friends knowledge ends there, thankfully....)
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4254 on: October 13, 2022, 09:35:14 AM »

But how do we know that's not a break? Maybe they're not on break. But I have no idea.

Because they are wearing vests which is required when working.  Not while on break.

Offline Adami

« Reply #4255 on: October 13, 2022, 09:40:13 AM »

Because they are wearing vests which is required when working.  Not while on break.

fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #4256 on: October 13, 2022, 09:51:28 AM »

They’re not on break.

The obsession is odd and borderline creepy  :lol

:lol

If I’m sitting there I’m thinking about DTF and the chatter about the carts. I figure it’ll give us a few minutes of content.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4257 on: October 13, 2022, 10:36:48 AM »
I'm here for you Adami since Tim can't articulate it.  :lol

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #4258 on: October 13, 2022, 12:33:02 PM »
Of course they aren't on break.  They are just not hurrying to get back into the building.  Every grocery store employee I've ever known did that.  And yes, I was one of them.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4259 on: October 13, 2022, 12:34:49 PM »
Of course they aren't on break.  They are just not hurrying to get back into the building.  Every grocery store employee I've ever known did that.  And yes, I was one of them.

Slacker.  Lol. Ah, to be 16 again.

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #4260 on: October 13, 2022, 02:24:08 PM »
This sucks.  I discovered that someone charged $235.00 to Clark Atlanta University to my debit card. So I had to call my bank's customer service, they told me that they will sort that out and get me a new card. In the meanwhile, I am cardless for the next 10 days. Fun....

I can still withdraw funds from my local bank if I show them my account number and ID, right?

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4261 on: October 13, 2022, 03:47:10 PM »
Yes. You can.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4262 on: October 13, 2022, 03:56:22 PM »
It's pretty easy to see from the picture they are not on a break.

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #4263 on: October 13, 2022, 03:58:33 PM »

So the guy sitting on the rail is clearly doing something work-related?

Offline Adami

« Reply #4264 on: October 13, 2022, 04:24:03 PM »

I mean King explained the jacket thing, but a bunch of guys standing around looks like a break. If they had their jackets off, would we be so sure they’re not on a break?
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #4265 on: October 13, 2022, 04:37:50 PM »

I mean King explained the jacket thing, but a bunch of guys standing around looks like a break. If they had their jackets off, would we be so sure they’re not on a break?

Because they're not ON break. They're taking a break, but it's an unauthorized break.

Offline Adami

« Reply #4266 on: October 13, 2022, 05:16:53 PM »
Alrighty then.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4267 on: October 13, 2022, 05:40:47 PM »
Seems like a lot of assumption.  I'll give Tim a break on this if that lot is a mess with the carts though (he might have already mentioned this) although if that's the case, I'd blame management more so than the kids.

This sucks.  I discovered that someone charged $235.00 to Clark Atlanta University to my debit card. So I had to call my bank's customer service, they told me that they will sort that out and get me a new card. In the meanwhile, I am cardless for the next 10 days. Fun....

I can still withdraw funds from my local bank if I show them my account number and ID, right?

You don't have a credit card to hold you over?  I lost my credit card at the 311 concert a couple weekends ago.  I was glad to see no charges were on it and I got a replacement quickly, but luckily I have a few cards to pull from in case of such situations.  Also for international, it's good to have both a Visa and Mastercard because it's hit or miss what card places take (if at all).   Also, for me, I earn so much rewards from the credit cards that there's almost no reason ever to pay cash or use a debit card.

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #4268 on: October 13, 2022, 06:10:34 PM »
This will sound embarrassing to say, but I have never used a credit card ever.  Don't know how it works when it comes to interest and whatnot and, to me, it seems a bit intimidating what moves I need to make so that I don't get played at all when it comes to interest rate (I have good credit score though, mainly due to paying off my car in the last four years).

Although, after seeing that fraud charge on my account, I am thinking more about looking into getting a credit card and see what kind of perks is out there that intrigues me.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4269 on: October 13, 2022, 06:23:23 PM »
There's nothing intimidating about a credit card other than your own mind set if you think it means free money.  Pay your bill every month and there's no interest so you end up ahead in the end with the perks.  If you think you can't control yourself then it honestly may be best to still get one for emergencies but not use it.  Having one is good for your credit score assuming you pay it or don't use it too because it increases your credit to debt ratio.