Author Topic: DTF Chat Thread v.BrexitMeansBrexit  (Read 290953 times)

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: DTF Chat Thread v.BrexitMeansBrexit
« Reply #4060 on: June 20, 2022, 04:38:58 PM »
Went to the store to grab a couple of things, and I see this. So for all of you stooges doing this kid's work, look at what you are contributing to. Slacking on the job, looking at his phone, because he has nothing better to do...

Maybe he's come to work sick, cause he looks a bit grey.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4061 on: June 20, 2022, 04:42:53 PM »
I’m joking of course. Kind of.

I saw him sitting there and immediately thought of DTF.

You know something, I always put them back, but if I went to this supermarket and saw this kid and knew he wasn't on break, afterwards, I'd leave my trolley/cart around near my car also.  It's when I see guys doing their job cleaning and collecting in the carpark where I like to put them in the bay.  If I saw this, I'd 100% say fuck it and not put it back.

Kids doing this at work is all too common these days, I hate it.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4062 on: June 20, 2022, 05:18:51 PM »
To be fair to the kid, we don't know the circumstances.  Other than Tim's cart, were there other carts just sitting around the lot waiting to be put back? That corral looks empty to me, which makes me think all the carts are at the front of the store.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #4063 on: June 20, 2022, 05:47:31 PM »
I always park on the side of the building. The carriage kids are always slacking around the corner.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4064 on: June 20, 2022, 05:51:25 PM »
I always park on the side of the building. The carriage kids are always slacking around the corner.

That's your manager instinct to look for the slackers  :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4065 on: June 20, 2022, 06:06:00 PM »
If it's his break, he shouldn't be in public view or if he is, don't have the uniform on. 

To be fair to the kid, we don't know the circumstances.  Other than Tim's cart, were there other carts just sitting around the lot waiting to be put back? That corral looks empty to me, which makes me think all the carts are at the front of the store.

No excuse to be slacking on the job.  Public perception is critical.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #4066 on: June 20, 2022, 06:10:10 PM »
He definitely wasn't on break. Like I said, the kids hide around the corner to use their phones.

It is brutal. These kids can't do anything without their phones in their hands. It's fucked. I see it at work all of the time. Now I'm not anyone's boss, but if I was, I'd be out of my mind. They'd fucking hear about it.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4067 on: June 20, 2022, 06:18:41 PM »
He definitely wasn't on break. Like I said, the kids hide around the corner to use their phones.

It is brutal. These kids can't do anything without their phones in their hands. It's fucked. I see it at work all of the time. Now I'm not anyone's boss, but if I was, I'd be out of my mind. They'd fucking hear about it.

My kids are the same at work.  I'm always ragging on them with them phones.  I don't need children, I have enough at work.

It is a problem though, they are lost as fuck without them in their hands.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4068 on: June 20, 2022, 06:52:00 PM »
I agree slacking on the job and doing it publicly is not a good look.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #4069 on: June 20, 2022, 07:22:43 PM »
When I was a manager, here's what I told my department heads..

"I don't want to see phones on the salesfloor in view of the customers. I totally understand that you may need to access your phone during your shift, and I have no issue with that, but just do it in a backroom area. I have young kids, and my wife WILL call me throughout the day, so I don't expect anyone to not take a call. But do it out of view of the customer."

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4070 on: June 20, 2022, 08:10:23 PM »
That's more than reasonable.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #4071 on: June 21, 2022, 07:00:40 AM »

I have to actively tell my stepson, "put the phone down".  Bathroom, outside, to the dinner table... everywhere.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #4072 on: June 21, 2022, 07:40:27 AM »
What grinds my gears is I can call them and they will not pick up but if I text they respond right away.  If a phone you have on you dammit.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4073 on: June 21, 2022, 03:56:48 PM »
What grinds my gears is I can call them and they will not pick up but if I text they respond right away.  If a phone you have on you dammit.

I'm even guilty of that sometimes at work if it's someone I don't want to talk me.  I won't message back right away though or else it looks sus.  :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4074 on: June 21, 2022, 04:36:32 PM »
That I get but this is nieces and nephews and they respond right back when I text after I hung up.

I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4075 on: June 21, 2022, 04:37:32 PM »
That I get but this is nieces and nephews and they respond right back when I text after I hung up.

Yeah haha, little bastards, so blatant.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4076 on: June 21, 2022, 07:19:08 PM »
....and my wife WILL call me throughout the day...

My co-workers know when it is summer break or some other school break as I will get several calls throughout the day from my wife that I won't normally get while school is in session and she is working.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #4077 on: June 21, 2022, 09:47:23 PM »
That's one thing I enjoy about my job... No one has around to give me grief if I use my phone outside of our stupid AI cameras who can detect phone usage (kinda) while the vehicles are not in P... But I wouldn't be using my phone during those times anyways... And even though I'm parking like every 90 seconds... I can still totally have it as an excuse to not respond to message from my other half... Who for some reason, even though I'm working and driving... Gets really... Upset... For lack of a better word... If I don't respond asap :lol
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4078 on: June 22, 2022, 06:26:45 AM »

My nephew just got his first phone a week ago and this little dude will not stop calling me.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #4079 on: June 22, 2022, 06:37:33 AM »
When did this become the old-man gripe thread?

The brains of digital natives are literally wired differently.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4080 on: June 22, 2022, 08:23:24 AM »

Yeah haha, little bastards, so blatant.

:lol no fucks given about talking on the phone.  I feel the same but like you, wouldn't make it so obvious. 

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #4081 on: June 22, 2022, 08:36:53 AM »

This.  My kids don't use their phones the way I use mine, but I don't expect them to, either.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4082 on: June 22, 2022, 09:28:42 AM »

Let me bitch dammit.

This.  My kids don't use their phones the way I use mine, but I don't expect them to, either.

Oh I understand, it just frustrates me.

Offline YtseBitsySpider

• **retired from DTF**
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #4083 on: June 24, 2022, 10:41:04 AM »
I was going to ask to have my rights to post in the political forum re-instated.
But, now I think I won't do that.
It's all civil in there, I'm not suggesting otherwise.
But...there's really nothing left to say.
Take care everyone - Bet you all didn't even notice I was gone.

Happy Lives to you all.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4084 on: June 24, 2022, 03:53:38 PM »
There is a Heat Advisory issued for Western WA this weekend. Highs are expected to be in the upper 80s.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4085 on: June 27, 2022, 12:48:12 AM »
Upper 80's?  :lol

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4086 on: June 27, 2022, 10:41:42 AM »

It's all relative dude.  You'd shit yourself if it got down to the 30s (F) next month.   :lol
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #4087 on: June 27, 2022, 05:26:40 PM »
Jeez, just perusing through P/R was a good reminder of why I asked to have my posting privileges there taken away a while back.  I think Stadler and Barto are the only regular posters who are actually interested in actual discussion without throwing a bunch of snark and attitude into the mix.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #4088 on: June 27, 2022, 05:56:01 PM »
Jeez, just perusing through P/R was a good reminder of why I asked to have my posting privileges there taken away a while back.  I think Stadler and Barto are the only regular posters who are actually interested in actual discussion without throwing a bunch of snark and attitude into the mix.

Yeah, you'd rather throw your snark and attitude in GMD. ;D

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #4089 on: June 27, 2022, 05:56:30 PM »

Yeah, you'd rather throw your snark and attitude in GMD. ;D

Exactly.  :lol :lol :tup :tup

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4090 on: June 27, 2022, 06:09:55 PM »

It's all relative dude.  You'd shit yourself if it got down to the 30s (F) next month.   :lol

We here in the PNW have a very narrow range of comfortable weather. Anything over mid-80s is a HEAT WAVE. Over an inch of snow falls and its SNOWMAGADDON!

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4091 on: June 27, 2022, 06:25:02 PM »

Eh.  It doesn't get to 1 degree C here but at the moment the mornings we're seeing 4-5 degrees C where I am.  I've gone for some morning runs in that temp, it's pretty cold but it's fine.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4092 on: June 27, 2022, 09:24:58 PM »

Eh.  It doesn't get to 1 degree C here but at the moment the mornings we're seeing 4-5 degrees C where I am.  I've gone for some morning runs in that temp, it's pretty cold but it's fine.

No shit!  I stand corrected.  But if you had 10cm of snow... then you'd shit yourself.   :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4093 on: June 28, 2022, 05:12:00 AM »

No shit!  I stand corrected.  But if you had 10cm of snow... then you'd shit yourself.   :lol

We've actually had a lot of really cold mornings so far this year.  I'll give you that with snow though, I've never experienced the stuff so I would definitely be out of my comfort zone.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4094 on: June 28, 2022, 11:59:48 AM »
Chad, you should show Kade the warm water thrown in the air crystalizing right away video you made a few years ago.